Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

We remeber Elvis-Wanda June Hall

Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:18 pm

I just found this old book. Published in 1978. The author is Wanda June Hall.
I skimed thru the book ,so i was wondering if you new anything about the book and the claims she makes,and if you think the claims are true?
Thanks
joe
elvis2001

Re: We remeber Elvis-Wanda June Hall

Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:45 pm

ELVIS2001NET wrote:I just found this old book. Published in 1978. The author is Wanda June Hall.
I skimed thru the book ,so i was wondering if you new anything about the book and the claims she makes,and if you think the claims are true?
Thanks
joe
elvis2001

It's a sweet book. However, her claim that Elvis had bone cancer is most certainly spurious.

But the most intriguing aspect are the phone interviews from the 1976-77 period. If valid, they offer a fascinating insight into Elvis' mindset at this late period and a peek into his past memories.

But it is significant that ace Presley biographer Peter Guralnick did not use a single line from the volume, if only because said interviews could not be verified.

DJC

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:28 am

that's Wanda June Hill, not Hall

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:27 am

Hi 2001,

I will put this as gently as I possibly can:

Wanda-June-Hill is a major fissured ceramic.

It's a nice book, from the heart, .................... but it also came solely from her mind's imagination as well.

(Incidently, ............. she, at one time, was trying to sell some obviously bogus EP written material on the collectors market as recently as the early 90's that I am aware of).

Hope this helps.

N8
... just a fan ....

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:43 pm

N8 -

All those interviews -- fakes?

DJC

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:46 pm

drjohncrapenter wrote:N8 -

All those interviews -- fakes?

DJC

Yep. N880EP knows more about it than you do.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:51 pm

DJC -

In answer to your question, ............. Yes.

The items she was peddling were more of the same --> long, verbose ramblings that she says was written by EP to her personally.

I equate her to being the first "Gail Brewer Georgio."

As an individual, in reality, ......... she does indeed have some genuine psychological pathology going on.

N8
... just a fan ....

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:24 pm

Thank you for your kind, INFORMED reply. It's a shame about the phone interviews, they actually seemed genuine, so much so that they were used in part in Carr/Farren's "Elvis - The Illustrated Record."

You remember that, don'tcha?

DJC

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:09 pm

I know of which book you are speaking, but I don't own a copy (Illustrated Record).

Early 80's was a time when I was being duped by Paul Lichter & I trusted almost everything about The Elvis World (Shaver, etc.).

I remember picking up Wanda June's book back when it first came out; a very moving read. Definitely a much more innocent time in The Elvis World.

N8
... just a fan ....

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:26 pm

N8
Have you ever heard the tapes that she used?
Were they available for people to hear,or did she just say she had tapes?
just curious
joe
elvis2001

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:31 pm

ELVIS2001NET wrote:N8
Have you ever heard the tapes that she used?
Were they available for people to hear,or did she just say she had tapes?
just curious
joe
elvis2001

Hi Joe,

Have never heard any tapes myself.

She is a fraud, though (and I'm talking "certifiable" One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest).

N8
... just a fan ....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:37 am

N8, you're correct, her book was a source of comfort in the first twelve months after Elvis died. Anyone who cared about him was shell-shocked for at least that long, if not longer. I know I was.

DJC

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:54 am

One of my first experiences in collecting was being offered one of her 'priceless' letters, at the time I was given some very good information to run fast which I did, thankfully...still have never found out whom the author was but have a feeling I know who it might of been due to some associations she had during those years.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:10 am

To be honest, ....... I don't think that Wanda June lives in our "reality", ............ then, OR now.

I kept hearing the "Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs" slogan around her.

Bizarre stuff for me as an adult to encounter, ............ especially since I was familiar with her from her book back in '78. One of my earliest eye-openers, for sure (never forget those first ones).

N8
... just a fan ....