Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Happy Birthday Scotty Moore - 74

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:31 pm

Happy Birthday Scotty Moore - 74

8)

ABC News even reported his birthday (Elvis' Guitarist it said) on their on-screen birthday list for today

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for the reminder GG. I have just wished Scotty a Happy birthday on http://www.scottymoore.net
We were lucky to meet and speak with him backstage after a Concert here in Ireland last year.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:22 pm

Happy Birthday Scotty Moore!!

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:37 pm

Happy birthday Scotty!

Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:19 pm

Happy Birthday Scotty. I wish you many, many more.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:16 pm

Happy Birthday! :smt035

Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:19 pm

A true legend. Here's to another year of good health for Scotmo!

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:25 pm

And despite his health troubles of recent years, Scotty is still looking great.

Happy birthday Scotty.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:03 am

He's my all-time hero.... Scot have a good one!

Happy birthday Scotty

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:12 am

One of the nicest guys around, and one of the indisputable fathers of rock and roll guitar, right up there with Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, Bo Diddley, James Burton!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:54 am

It's a little sobering to think Scotty's 74. Hope he had a great day. He certainly was one of the architects of "the sound" and always, always, one of the classiest people when it came to talking about Elvis. Even when the memories were bitter (The Colonel's treatment of the original band and all the lost opportunities that came with it.) Scotty's memories are always filled with love and respect.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:49 am

I found the title of Scotty Moore's book like saying Elvis I forgive you even though you did not give us our (and Bill's) due.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:21 am

I got the DVD "A Tribute To The King - Scotty Moore and Friends" for Christmas and I think it's fantastic. It's more of a tribute to Scotty since they are concentrating on the early stuff and especially the Sun songs. Seeing Scotty playing with Eric Clapton is great. Even though Scotty isn't able to play like he used to you can see that these guys have great respect for him. Maybe he never was the most technical guitar player but he was very inventive. He describes it something along the line that he wasn't just trying to play the notes but also add something more to the song. I think that's very true. He doesn't just play the notes but he finds the notes that makes the song live even more. And with Elvis unique singing the early songs really had something special about them.

Even though Scotty isn't playing on every song on this DVD all the talented musicians really make this a great DVD. Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings is doing a good job here. It's a small audience but the athmosphere is good anyway. The DVD opens with Elvis introducing Scotty Moore. Then we don't get anymore of Elvis but he still seems to be in everybody's mind during the show.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Happy birthday, Scotty and a very happy new Elvis year 2006! :P

50 years after Heartbreak Hotel!
:lol:
OS

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Happy Birthday! Thanx for shaking my hand in Tulsa in 2001!

JEFF d
Elvis fan