Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Four questions . . .

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:04 am

About Gracelandish things.

In The ‘Elvis By The Presleys’ DVD, when Prissy looks in the closet at the dog collars, which room is that? (you can see chandeliers in the background briefly), it’s about five minutes into the ‘Elvis the Generous’ bit. The 4th (chapter). I've spent hours in the house, but can't get my bearings of where this closet is.

This jumpsuit was on display this year. Did he ever wear it? http://www.suaveharv.com/suit.jpg
I’ve been told it’s ’73, but it sure looks like a ‘bigger’ suit from the later years. It’s was last in the line of jumpsuits, where the Sundial usually is, (the Sundial wasn’t on display March this year). I think we’ve discussed this before, but I can’t remember or find the thread. The cape points to 72 era, but it's big, there's a lot of cloth on this baby!

When I was at the house this year, the driver in one of the buses said that the ‘dip’ in the heit of the front wall (to the right of the gatehouse looking from the street), was ordered by Elvis to be built like that so he could chat to fans.
Now I know the Graceland staff love to spin a yarn, but there is a definite dip in the wall. And the first rule of wall building is – you build it the same height!
So why the dip in the wall? Could it be true that Elvis ordered the wall built in this way in '57 or whenever?

Where was the cover photo for ‘His Hand In Mine’ taken? I’ve always thought it looks a little unpolished to be a studio shot, (And how many studios have pianos anyway?)

That’s all.
Cheers and happy winter festival all!

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:02 pm

well, the his hand in mine picture was taken in august 1960, during the making of flaming star. The his hand in mine session was already a project, so Colonel arranged for his favourite photographer to take thos pics.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:05 pm

The jumpsuit was worn by Elvis in 1972 and 1973.

Re: Four questions . . .

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:00 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:In The ‘Elvis By The Presleys’ DVD, when Prissy looks in the closet at the dog collars, which room is that? (you can see chandeliers in the background briefly), it’s about five minutes into the ‘Elvis the Generous’ bit. The 4th (chapter). I've spent hours in the house, but can't get my bearings of where this closet is.

I was actually thinking of that while wandering through the mansion in August, and although it's been some four months since I was there, I thought the location of which you speak is at/near the entrance way to the stairs leading down to the tv/pool room areas. There was no way to know for sure, as the door was closed, but I remember thinking at the time that that was the location of the dog collars and such. If I think of it, I'll drop in the DVD and see if that helps with my memory.