Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

WHO SAW ELVIS LIVE

Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:47 pm

Did anybody on this board see Elvis Live In Concert or anybody see him at Graceland, or on the road, in the car etc.

I know a guy from England, who saw him 66 times, in concert.

Lucky Git

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:58 pm

Hi Joe -
I saw Elvis twice in concert: July 17, 1975 (Super show!) and July 30, 1976 (a good, solid show for the summer of 76!), both times in New Haven Ct. I wish I had seen more shows!

Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:28 am

Hey Joe ,
i too seen Elvis in concert . It was in Philadelphia , 1976 . It was a great show . The atmosphere was electric . The feeling was so awesome . I had to stand during the whole performance . Nobody sat down . I took picture's , but it looks like they were taken a mile away . I had an instamatic camera at the time . Not too good for taking close-up shots .
Bill

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:03 pm

That's fantastic, when I got married in Vegas a few years back, I was talking to a lady, infact she ended up being a witness at our wedding, and she had seen Elvis in '73. She was saying she wasn't really a fan, before she went, she liked him, she said, but not to go out and buy every LP that came out.
But when she came out of the show.... that was it.
She said the guy had so much stage charisma, she became a Elvis fan immediately and continued to see him live.

It just goes to show, how good he was live, in the flesh.

The guy on "TTWII", I forget is name, says the same "Until you've seen him, you've heard nothin.... The guys got charisma with a capitol C.

I wish to God I could have seen him, live. Has does everybody who didn't see him, I suppose.

It's a shame, he died so young.... because I would have seen him by now, no doubt about that.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:00 pm

Only 3 replies to this post ? Come on,you good people,surely a lot more of you saw Elvis live,so share your memories with us.
I attended 5 shows in July '75 and actually had an agreement with Joe Esposito to visit with Elvis in his dressing-room to present to him a Norwegian Gold Record.Alas,I let compassion get the better of me and I surrendered to female tears and let Mona,Soelvi and her little sister Lill-Karin go instead of me.They were ecstatic and got the memory of their lifetime.Mona didn't wash her cheeks for weeks afterwards,because Elvis had kissed her.

Do I regret giving in to the girls ?Not really,because I had met Elvis at The Memphian Theatre and got his autograph.I also had seen him at close range a few times outside Graceland.

I'm not easily impressed,but take it from me:He had a radiance and a warmth about him which made it impossible to keep your eyes away from him.The only negative thing I noticed was a slight yellowish taint to the skin of his face.But Boy,did he look handsome !!

Memories.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:17 pm

I wish I had had the opportunity to see an Elvis concert. You are so lucky to have seen/met with Elvis. I can only hope we get some on tour concerts on DVD. along with Aloha etc. :D

8)

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:08 pm

Splanky,

Were you able to get any pics? If so, how about posting 'em for our gang?

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:39 pm

I've seen Elvis in concert a few times....

November 14, 1971 - Tuscaloosa, AL
April 17, 1972 - Little Rock, AR
June 18, 1972 - Fort Worth, TX
April 22, 1973 - Phoenix, AZ
March 17, 1974 - Memphis, TN
June 29, 1974 - Kansas City, MO
June 10, 1975 - Memphis, TN
July 5, 1976 - Memphis, TN
September 8, 1976 - Pine Bluff, AR

I thought they were all great.... :wink:

My family saw Elvis in casual settings a lot, since we all lived in Memphis from 1960-1970. My father was a salesman who would on a lot of days take my mom by Graceland and then pick her up in the afternoons when he came home from work.

We have some snapshots of Elvis riding horses and the like, and my mother got an autograph from Elvis and Priscilla. Unfortunately she signed directly on top of his signature.... :evil:

Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:18 am

Frankie, I tell you what,

It's fantastic, to know that someone on this board saw Elvis that many times, you don't realise how lucky you are. To actually see him in concert, and to see him knocking round Graceland etc. Then to get an autograph.... , it's a shame Priscilla didn't look what she was doing, but never mind.
You still got them both, just that there on top of each other.

I would have that autograph framed on my wall, if I had it.

I have 'cilla's autograph, but not Elvis's

Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:04 am

Hi KHoots,
Yes, I've got an album full of pix from July 1975.Of course,I would have loved being able to put some on this board,but I'm an ignorant on PC,so I simply don't know how to do it.

If you write my old friend who took hundreds of pictures on that trip,he might have some to spare for you.Write to:
Tore Gustavsen,
4900 Tvedestrand,
Norway
Good Luck !

Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:55 am

12 times in the Southeast from April 1972 to June 1977. I've seen practically all the biggies from the Stones on down. Nothing was as exciting as EP on stage!!

Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:01 am

Joe, don't you worry.... I realize EXACTLY how lucky we were to have traveled all the places we did and see Elvis as many times as we did, both on stage and off.

Each one of those shows have memories that flood back more and more as I get older. I wish I had the time and space to share them with all of you.... but here are a few:

... the convenience store clerk in Tuscaloosa where we stopped for gas who was crying hysterically because Elvis had just been in her store to buy some Di-Gel antacid. We didn't believe her.... until she pulled out the four autographed paper bags out from under the counter.

... the third row seats in Little Rock, and getting one of the RCA stage banners from the front of the stage.

... being at the Phoenix airport to see Elvis arrive, only to learn that his plane had engine trouble and had to turn back. He later came in on a Hughes Airwest DC-9, and my dad got to greet him at the bottom of the airstairs because he was acquainted with Joe Esposito. Unfortunately, the Polaroid land camera had a defective flash bulb....

And on and on....

What I think about now more than ever is all the locations he played around us here in Arkansas within a 500-mile radius, and we had no idea.... but then again we could have never got to see him at all.

Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:54 am

To those who never had the good fortune to see Elvis in concert I want to tell you: his presence/magnetism was palpable. It was truly as if he had an aura about him! I am not exaggerating. And his singing in July 75 was tremendous! I now know that this tour was one of his very best of the 70's from a vocal/performance standpoint, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have seen him on this tour! I'm also lucky to have caught a solid summer 76 show, with Elvis focused and in good voice overall, much better than Tuscan 76 and some of the other soundboard shows where he sounds tired. I wish every fan could've seen him at least once. :cry: