Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Col. Parkers Office MGM Culver City, California.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:41 am

Way back in October 1974 Col. Parkers Office sent me a great Elvis care package, and the reason i was thinking about this is, included in the package were twenty Christmas cards with Elvis and Santa, also photo albums, Elvis Now Pens, RCA envelopes with swatches of Elvis clothing, pocket calendars, a large color photo of Elvis, Elvis buttons, and a Thank You letter.
Very Nice of Col. Parker, and staff.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:04 pm

Cool. Ever since I read Alanna Nash's "The Colonel", I am a dedicated Colonel Parker fan. What a character...

Do you still have that stuff?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:00 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Cool. Ever since I read Alanna Nash's "The Colonel", I am a dedicated Colonel Parker fan. What a character...

Keith Richards, Jr.

That's either very dry wit or your reaction to the book was very different to what she intended :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:55 pm

TJ wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Cool. Ever since I read Alanna Nash's "The Colonel", I am a dedicated Colonel Parker fan. What a character...

Keith Richards, Jr.

That's either very dry wit or your reaction to the book was very different to what she intended :lol:

I am serious! Yes, Alanna Nash definitely set out to make The Colonel look as bad as possible (she even tries to analyze his sexlife which is utterly pathetic and made me lose a great deal of respect for the author). She didn't suceed as far as I'm concerned, though. Parker may not have been the nicest man alive (though I think he did have a kind heart somewhere deep inside), but he certainly was a fun, tragic, mysterious and incredilby fascinating character. His life definitely deserved to be documented in a book.

Keith Richards, Jr.