Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

RCA - Criticism - Their mistakes

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:21 am

Criticizing ELvis' mistakes is kinda moot since he's deceased.

But his record label is still around and they should be held accountable for the crappy promotion they gave him in the 1970s
and the corny marketing they gave him in the 1960s


List label grievences here.


To release Elvis Fool and ruin the successful momentum of Aloha as #1 LP (double LP too!)
Fool was crap of a follow-up to Elvis' latest (and sadly last) #1 album.



- In 1965 RCA puts out a full-page Billboard ad congratulating Col. Tom Parker for 20 years of cooperation and collaborative success.

When did RCA ever take out an ad to thank Elvis????

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:26 am

And you think the people responsible for those decisions are still around ?

Time to move on.

Chris

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:39 am

So its ok to have a 4 page thread of criticizing Elvis since of course he's still around??? but time to move on when pointing the finger at others? now thats logic for ya.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:09 am

Kylan wrote:So its ok to have a 4 page thread of criticizing Elvis since of course he's still around??? but time to move on when pointing the finger at others? now thats logic for ya.


God, I LOVE IT!!

:D

--------------------------------------

Merry Christmas, Kylan. :wink:


N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:22 am

Kylan wrote:So its ok to have a 4 page thread of criticizing Elvis since of course he's still around??? but time to move on when pointing the finger at others? now thats logic for ya.


Er.....The OP stated that the 'Record Company' is still around. I pointed out that the individuals responsible for the decisions in the 60s and 70s are probably not. That seemed like a valid and worthwhile distinction to make to me.

Merry Christmas !

Chris

Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:09 am

ChrisM wrote:
Kylan wrote:So its ok to have a 4 page thread of criticizing Elvis since of course he's still around??? but time to move on when pointing the finger at others? now thats logic for ya.


Er.....The OP stated that the 'Record Company' is still around. I pointed out that the individuals responsible for the decisions in the 60s and 70s are probably not. That seemed like a valid and worthwhile distinction to make to me.

Merry Christmas !

Chris


Well Elvis aint around either!!! :roll:


:wink:

Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:20 am

I really don't know why I waste my time here. Nobody seems to be able to follow a logical argument.

Chris

Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:45 am

ChrisM wrote:I really don't know why I waste my time here. Nobody seems to be able to follow a logical argument.

Chris


Just pulling your chain!!! chill !!!


:wink:

Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:20 pm

ChrisM wrote:I really don't know why I waste my time here. Nobody seems to be able to follow a logical argument.

Chris


I feel your pain, ................ boy-oh-boy, do I ever feel it.


N8
... just a fan ....

Re: RCA - Criticism - Their mistakes

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:49 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:- In 1965 RCA puts out a full-page Billboard ad congratulating Col. Tom Parker for 20 years of cooperation and collaborative success.

Speaking of logic, it is as unlikely Tom Parker was working with RCA in 1945 as citing a car tour as the inspiration for the landmark Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP. By some strange coincidence, both were posted by the same person.

DJC

Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:02 pm

Actually I have just finished re-assembling the Beatles Anthology DVD's and noticed that in fact John Lennon DID say - on camera - that Elvis' car tour was an inspiration for Sgt Pepper.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:33 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Actually I have just finished re-assembling the Beatles Anthology DVD's and noticed that in fact John Lennon DID say - on camera - that Elvis' car tour was an inspiration for Sgt Pepper.



:lol:

Re: RCA - Criticism - Their mistakes

Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:59 pm

drjohncrapenter wrote:
Graceland Gardener wrote:- In 1965 RCA puts out a full-page Billboard ad congratulating Col. Tom Parker for 20 years of cooperation and collaborative success.

Speaking of logic, it is as unlikely Tom Parker was working with RCA in 1945 as citing a car tour as the inspiration for the landmark Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP. By some strange coincidence, both were posted by the same person.

DJC



Brilliant post!


Further evidence of what an idiot you are, Savage.

Did Santa bring you a Beatles Anthology DVD ?
You'll eat your stupid words about that car/pepper thing.
You still dispute that?

How stubbornly stupid.


And how humbling that you shared your ignorance when it comes to Billboard ads (such as can be found constantly sold on ebay) yes, indeed a 1965 issue had a 20 YEARS (that's two score, boy) salute to Parker by cohort RCA. 1945-1965

Read and learn! ( removed by the administrator - better change your way of talking here )


aahh, reminding you of how stupid you are and how useless is your input has been a nice gift for Christmas.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rca

Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:05 pm

... There was an endless discussion on Elvis his car on tour having been the inspiration... etc, etc, between the Doc and GG not too long ago. Off topic, I believe it was. It went on and on and on... It was a fokkin nightmare! Not again please, gentlemen...

Rca

Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:07 pm

... Oh fok! Too late already...

Re: RCA - Criticism - Their mistakes

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Graceland Gardener wrote:- In 1965 RCA puts out a full-page Billboard ad congratulating Col. Tom Parker for 20 years of cooperation and collaborative success.

Speaking of logic, it is as unlikely Tom Parker was working with RCA in 1945 as citing a car tour as the inspiration for the landmark Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP. By some strange coincidence, both were posted by the same person.

DJC


Dear Dr Stalkenter,

Have you considered the fact that Parker's relationship with RCA pre-dated Elvis by many years, and that RCA was thanking him for his collaborative efforts in toto??? You did know that it was his PAST relationship with RCA that enabled him to garner an unprecedented contract for Elvis' services??? Right????

Born in Henderson, Tenn.,Eddy Arnold grew up listening to blues and mountain music. His mother taught him to play the guitar and when he wasn't working on the farm with his brothers, he practiced guitar and harmonica and listened to music. Eventually he began performing at local gatherings.

He made his first radio appearance in 1936. He played small clubs, hooked up with a band, then went solo again.
In 1945, he connected with a manager named Colonel Tom Parker who later became Elvis Presley's manager.

BTW........Arnold signed with RCA Victor in 1944. Parker became Arnold's manager in 1945. Therefore, since Arnold had been signed with RCA for nearly a year BEFORE Parker came on the scene in 1945, Parker's association with RCA indeed began in 1945 through his association with Arnold. Exactly as GG stated. Therefore,you are wrong..........GG is right.

Read And Learn.......

And......we will accept the word of a friggin" BEATLE as authoritative as to the inspiration for Sgt. Pepper, thanks. And oddly, Kylan validates GG as correct on this count as well. Therefore, you are wrong............GG is right. AGAIN. (OOOOOOOOO that must sting :lol: ).

Read And Cling To Denial. :lol: :lol:

Re: RCA - Criticism - Their mistakes

Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:17 pm

Scatter wrote:Have you considered the fact that Parker's relationship with RCA pre-dated Elvis by many years, and that RCA was thanking him for his collaborative efforts in toto???


You mean RCA gave Colonel Parker the dog from that movie? Was it still alive or stuffed by 1965?

lol sorry...couldn't resist.

Happy holidays and peace to everyone,

Axe

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:59 am

Unfortunately you guys are pissin in the wind trying to get the Doc. Of course you are right, but he won't be back. its a messageboard and unfortunately one of its drawbacks is u dont have to face up to being slammed by GG and the rest. Just like with the Billy Smith thing, he posts simplistic insults instead of adressing the things that Smith says that i take issue with. but good luck guys, maybe he will be back! my guess no, if he does only to throw another insult intead of facing facts.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:41 am

Doc carpenter was out of line. He has an attacking agenda toward certain members and he has a childlike bitter resentment about being wrong and being corrected.

That's disturbing, imo.
You're not perfect, Doc, - n fact far from it,.

Happy holidays anyway

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:10 am

Stan from Tintane wrote:dear doc

dont be too hard on yourself for getting this one wrong- i got things wrong all the time and you even do not come close to me.
scatter
you made your point and you are correct - lets lighten up a little here - life is too short for all the snappy remarks

its no wonder this board is getting bad press elsewhere

im to v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n
ho ho ho merry christmas all


No offense Stan, but you should "Read and Learn" (as the Doc loves to put it) before injecting yourself into things where you lack the context necessary to make valid points.

Doc stalks GG everywhere he goes. No matter where GG posts, no matter what GG posts, no matter whether it is relevant or not, he follows GG with snide comments and insults.

If he doesn't like GG........big deal. Ignore him.

But no.......instead he hijacks thread after thread in an effort to fulfill his juvenile agenda. Worse yet, when he is proven wrong it only serves to inflame his intolerance. So the stalking intensifies.

It's tiresome and childish.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:44 pm

Scatter wrote:It's tiresome and childish.

Ignoring your hypocrisies and inaccuracies are enough work for anyone.

You know where the door is, use it.

DJC

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:54 pm

Its obvious the ''Bad Apple'' (again) is DJC. Did something happen in his childhood? If so, he's not to blame. Then we must accept the way he is, and dont take his comments serious. How sad :cry: .

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scatter wrote:It's tiresome and childish.

Ignoring your hypocrisies and inaccuracies are enough work for anyone.

You know where the door is, use it.

DJC


Once again, vitriol without verification. Par for the course, you petulant child.

Please detail the inaccuracies of my post. I'll be waiting to enlighten you again. TIC..... TOC.... DOC :lol:

Just thought a little taste of your own juvenile stalking might give you the opportunity to see what an ass you are making of yourself.

I should have know better. Well........actually, I DID know better. But I thought I'd amuse us all anyway :lol:


Like candy from a (and I use this word with purpose) BABY.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:37 am

ChrisM wrote:I really don't know why I waste my time here. Nobody seems to be able to follow a logical argument.

Chris


Logic? What is that, Chris? I'm not sure that we use it much here. We pretty much ignore anything that doesn't agree with us!! :smt120
sue