Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rhythm And Blues - any good?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:16 am

This seems to be the best blues collection since the Reconsider Baby vinyl album. I have never heared about that before. Where is it from? How is the sound? Does anyone know anything about it?

Peter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tracks/B00005IX2H/ref=dp_nav_1/104-1039680-6851139?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:01 am

Peter, I thought it might be the Japanese version of the excellent 2-CD set of the same name from the "TIME-LIFE" Elvis series of the late '90s but it's not as long nor is it two discs.

I just finally picked that one up (having passed earlier because I had all the songs) but couldn't resist it as it does indeed surpass "Reconsider Baby" (except for the latter's notes) and the "Blues" album from RCA in the U.K.

It's not too far removed from what most of us would want in an Elvis blues set, although the genre is stretched to the R&B but it works just the same given the fact that most blues goes did (and do) R&B without skipping a beat.

I'd trade a track here or there, but the one (31 songs in total and with some great photos I have is a monster. I can't imagine the Japanese one topping it.