Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:29 am

My 6 year old son has just asked me how Elvis died...How do I explain to him just how ?
Last edited by Liverbobs on Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:31 am

He had gotten ill over the last part of his life and one morning he got a nasty pain in the chest that stopped his heart beating and he died.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:44 am

Heart attack induced by over-use of prescription pills.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:46 am

Elvis died from a broken heart.

He was in physical pain and he took painkiller pills.
But he took too many.
And died.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:51 am

ColinB wrote:Heart attack induced by over-use of prescription pills.

How charming for a child Colin........will you record some bedtime stories for my 4 year old?? :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:55 am

Elvis had aches and pains
so, Doctors prescribed him medicine to ease the pain

BUT - the doctors didn't realize how many doctors were doing this for Elvis
(more doctors than should've been)

His Dr in Tenn. didn't know a Dr. in Nevada and a Dr. in California were prescribing for Elvis too. Etcetera.

Elvis had more medicine than he needed, and one morning, he took more than his heart could handle.

That's a simple explanation of his overdose.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:02 am

Scatter wrote:
ColinB wrote:Heart attack induced by over-use of prescription pills.

How charming for a child Colin........will you record some bedtime stories for my 4 year old?? :lol:

I have 6 grandchildren aged from 1 to 10.

I tell them like it is !

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:25 am

I have a 7-year-old son who takes medication for a clinical seizure he had two years ago, and one day I teased him when I was giving him his pill. I said, "Here, let's give you the whole bottle so you won't have to take another pill for a month."

He said, "I might die like Elvis did."

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:33 am

Just tell him Elvis got sick and died. You don't have to go into detail of what kind of sickness it was...he'll hear it on the street anyway when he's older ;-)

Axe

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:44 am

yeah but then he'll ask "Why ?"

then after every explanation of "why ?" he'll ask "Why ?" :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:02 am

From Men In Black
"He didn't" really "die" son, "he just went home."

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:49 am

You cant answer that..no child is the same..it depends on how their understanding is...But truth is always best :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:04 am

why is truth the best, Rusty ?

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Steve_M wrote:He had gotten ill over the last part of his life and one morning he got a nasty pain in the chest that stopped his heart beating and he died.

This is the truth, Steve. The truth is the best because he'll find out one day. Will he believe you if he finds out you lied to him at one time about something he felt was important?
sue

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Ah, but we can say, genuinely, that we don't know why he died. :wink:

but then he'd ask "Why don't we know ?" and we'll say, "Because we weren't there" and he'll ask, "why weren't we there ?" and so on because that's in the genes of every child, they are programmed to ask why until they fall asleep. :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:50 pm

:shock: .......please tell me this is a joke thread!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Ezzz wrote::shock: .......please tell me this is a joke thread!

If that makes you happy and gives you fulfilment, then why not. Ready ?

Here goes:

This is a joke thread.

It's the little things that tend to make the differnece, it takes no effort in this case to make someone happy and yet it's something you can't buy in the shops. :wink:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:09 pm

"It's the little things that tend to make the differnece"

I bet your wife tells you that all the time Steve..... :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Yep, me having balls no matter how tiny is better than having no balls at all. :lol:

i might have a little willy, 4 inches is nothing to boast about, though some women don't like it that wide, but i do make up for it with an extremely long tongue.
Last edited by Steve_M on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:20 pm

"Yep, me having balls no matter how tiny is better than having no balls at all. :lol: "

Steve, you can have all the balls you like, and your personal life is your business, but do you really have to tell us all ?.......... :shock:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:22 pm

i edited and you posted at the same time. I ended up giving more info - after all it is free and this is the season renowned for giving.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:28 pm

"after all it is free and this is the season renowned for giving."

Funny that, i always had you down for receiving........ :shock:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:37 pm

Whilst I don't dispute that i am surprised by it.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:14 pm

Say that Elvis died because his heart was sick. And then he finally completed his mission in 1977 so he is at "home" right now.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:28 pm

I would say that Elvis was working too hard to please his fans and he was too tired, so he took some tablets. Those tablets didn't agree with him and he had a heart attack and now he's with Jesus.

It still gets across the "Drugs are bad, mm'kay?" message, without all the unsavoury details.