Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Amazing Letters from Elvis.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:16 am

Image

For nine years, since 8th January 1997, the media has been covering the story of the 1961 Elvis letters. More than 400 articles 4 TV Appearances, dozens of radio shows, and a statue of Elvis has been the outcome so far.

They have also generated replies from a great many celebrities who love the story.

The amount of Documentation from many "Elvis experts" has to be seen... quite a few have actually contacted me! lol:

The likes of N8, EPCOLLECTOR and uf, obsessed as they are with the monetary value of items, I find distasteful..to say the least.

One expert on the telephone told me there are a great many "self made" Elvis experts who fool the Elvis world because they have built up reputations influencing people trading memorabilia who Know nothing about Elvis at all :lol:

Me? I'm just a Joe Soap using what I have to generate some lovely publicity for Elvis. And not doing too badly...............in all modesty.

Of course the story has not run it's full course yet, so more fun is anticipated :lol:

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News Meanwhile help keep positive Elvis news at the top of google.com Elvis news.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:05 pm

EPCollector,

Don't waste your time with this idiot.

We all know that the Elvis collectors market is full of rumour and intrigue. There are those who have a geniune, LEARNED opinion of this market based on experience and knowledge and there are those who inhabit their own world.

Andrew

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:15 pm

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:Your an idiot, and anyone who you have "FOOLED" into believeing your stories, is just as idiotic as you. Instead of stating how many article were written about your letters, all the celbrities who truely know sh*t about Elvis confirming the stories in the papers, simply post the letters here. Then post the names of your "experts" who have said the rest of us are full of it. Come on boy, put your money where your mouth is. Don't come back with anything other than the letters, because any other comments will be ignored.

EPCOLLECTOR


"From: EPCOLLECTOR
To: MauriceinIreland
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:17 am
Subject: EPCOLLECTOR Here
Thought I would take this to a PM.. Care to comment on your recent court case? I would like to make sure my facts are straight before it is published on most Elvis messageboards. The administrators here, would rather that I not post findings on the subject here, and I will honor those wishes, but only here. It is my understanding that you are not wanted on many sites. Your lack of comment will certainly be noted, shoudl you decline. Thanks Laddy

Oh by the way, you can feel free to post this, as I am sure you will."

EPCOLLECTOR, Your obnoxious posts are becoming very enlightening recently. We are all still waiting for you to carry out your threats. Your cronies are far outnumbered by the decent people on this message board.

Now I am going Christmas shopping............ again. BYEEEEEEEE :lol:

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:42 pm

EPCollector,

Your postings here are getting a bit tiresome. It seems to me that you have an attitude problem. Maurice honestly believes that his letters are genuine, and why would you want to take that away from him? Does it really matter in the overall scheme of things?

There’s no denying that you have a nice collection of Elvis items, but it would be nice if your postings were a bit friendlier here. It seems that you are constantly pounding people on the head with your “superior” knowledge, and in my humble opinion you are not doing yourself any favours.

It’s now very close to Christmas, so I suggest that you loosen up a bit. I am sure that when you re-read your postings 10 years from now, that they will seem a bit silly and childish.

Good Luck!

Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:16 pm

Rocklegend,

I have to disagree. I've always found EP Collector, along with others on this board, friendly, helpful and knowledgable. When I was looking for an autograph, he helped point me in the right direction, and his posts are usually knowledgable and correct.

EPCollector, N880P and others are often criticised and attacked when expressing their opinions, or for sharing knowledge before then being called selfish for not then sharing the clip / song / item with everyone.

As for Maurice, I've never met him, but there is often an element of self publicity around his posts. Why post the letter from Anne Helm at all? If his Elvis letters have been so well publicised in the world's press, why not post them here in the memorabilia section for us all to see?

the amazing

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:59 pm

... It doesnt look like your average run of the mill reply from one of the secretaries. Interesting...

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:35 am

Looks like whoever signed it was different to whoever wrote it.

Maybe they had sec's who wrote and then that went to another tray for someone else who was handy with the "E" signature.

Not being a signature knower, could that one be an Elvis signed letter pre written by a secretary ?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:32 am

EPCOLLECTOR, About that recent court case I was supposed to be in, you were so eager to tell us all about it. What happened?

If that's your kind of honesty..........................

As for the rest of your cronies do they not protesteth a little too much?

After all I'm just some deluded fool self promoting myself all over the world. As if the Press etc would be interested in little ol' me :lol:

That's all folks. Well for tonight at least :wink:

Image 1984. "Whole lot of others from more Elvis Experts" :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:45 am

What I found most amusing about Anne's letter is how she "...recently discovered your unopened letter hidden away beneath some papers while cleaning out a drawer."

One would think with your world-reknown reputation as an Elvis ambassador, Maurice, your letter would have been torn open immediately and responded to within seconds of Anne's having read it. Alas, it became a buddy to insurance-scamming and other run-of-the-mill junk mail.

Hell, if she had waited two more days, Anne might have been so caught up in world events that you may never have received a response! One lucky duck, you are.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:56 am

KHoots wrote:What I found most amusing about Anne's letter is how she "...recently discovered your unopened letter hidden away beneath some papers while cleaning out a drawer."

One would think with your world-reknown reputation as an Elvis ambassador, Maurice, your letter would have been torn open immediately and responded to within seconds of Anne's having read it. Alas, it became a buddy to insurance-scamming and other run-of-the-mill junk mail.

Hell, if she had waited two more days, Anne might have been so caught up in world events that you may never have received a response! One lucky duck, you are.


My letter was so modest it's a wonder she found it at all. I'm just so lucky that so many people reply to me :lol: Even you.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:27 am

Just a question for those who are in the KNOW.. *COUGH COUGH*, and i dont have any stake in this but why would a secretary go to the trouble of writing that, and posing as Elvis imitating his writing style? why not just if anything at all, type up a form letter? oh well, just another reason i dont like Elvis the person. see my Elvis is a disgrace as a human being thread. :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:46 am

Yes and not just in show business.....its an Office Junior task :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:55 am

Kylan wrote:Just a question for those who are in the KNOW.. *COUGH COUGH*, and i dont have any stake in this but why would a secretary go to the trouble of writing that, and posing as Elvis imitating his writing style? why not just if anything at all, type up a form letter? oh well, just another reason i dont like Elvis the person. see my Elvis is a disgrace as a human being thread. :lol:


Well Kylan whilst i accept your disgrace thing does have merit (i know.. :wink: ) you could turn it upon its head and put it that Elvis couldn't respond to all the fan mail in person (even from cranks with the surname of Colg...hey, it's xmas) so rather than let them down with a response from someone they woudn't know he saw to it that the letters appeared to be from him so that that fan would alwys believe what they wanted to hope for, that they fot a reply from Elvis himself.
Now that ain't such a disgrace really, that;'s thinking of the fans as well as himself. :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:01 am

hmmm well i think its cheesy and rediculous! lol begin throwing the rocks and whatever u guys have but this autograph stuff and letters business is very suspect to me. you guys simply don't know, ur baseing your opinion on an educated guess but you still aren't certain. The only person who knows who signed his name or wrote a letter is Elvis himself. and that is a fact people! and that is the only person i would believe. thats why i dont think such pieces are attractive because the only person who really knows is gone.

*ducking from the bottles and rocks* :lol:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:03 am

i ahve no iea myself.

i don't think Elvis knew for sure, but i agree th4e only person who would have known who signed it is the person who signed it.

That may or may not have been Elvis, you say it is Kylan ?

Kylan wrote:The only person who knows who signed his name or wrote a letter is Elvis himself

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:15 am

No Steve, I really have no idea, but just because i don't doesnt mean that what i stated above doesn't have any merit. sorry to sound so defensive but u know. lol

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:40 am

Yes it does. how can you say the ONLY person who knew who signed it cannot be Elvis if you don't know it was him ?

btw, if it can then don't bother trying to explain, just ignore me as I'm fairly drunk.

I think it was 1943.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:04 am

Some Basic facts.

My wife Maureen was seriously ill in hospital early 1961. She
thought she was going to die. I wrote a letter to Elvis requesting a get well message for Maureen, and sent it by registerd mail.

Two letters came back from Elvis in response to my letter. One went to Maureen in Hope Hospital, Salford, Lancashire, UK., and the other to our home address in Salford 7. (They were not signed, "on behalf of Elvis", as we would have expected)

It's all as simple as that.

We all have seen many thousands of Elvis's signatures especially on his checks, contracts, and on messages to the guys at Elvis Monthly, etc. We oldies are all experts :lol:

But the funniest part of this is, the "Collectors" here do not seem to have a clue about what I'm actually doing.............and it's nothing to do with self promotion.

Newspaper and magazine Editors, TV and Radio researchers did not accept my word for the story, they did their own investigations. Don't forget the stories only began in the media 1997. That was a long time since 1961.

So claims I am exploiting them for some kind of self glorification are a little bit silly........especially at my age!

Dont forget I use my real name on all the Elvis message boards and I would have already anticipated the kind of response I would get from those in the INNER CIRCLE :lol:

Why should I post the original letters here?

Certain minds were made up already, so why are the Collectors asking for more????????? Think about it. :lol:

That's me finished with this thread. But the subject has a lot more life in it yet :lol:

It's Christmas, I'm going out with our lovely and very bright grandchildren for the day. Up to ancient Newgrange where the wisdom of ages was cast upon the world. Tomorrow morning I'll be Santa in a red suit giving out the presents. Our daughter will get a gold watch ...and she's nowhere near retirement!

All the best to you all.

http://snow.prohosting.com/droogy59/robs.txt

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:31 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:But the funniest part of this is, the "Collectors" here do not seem to have a clue about what I'm actually doing.............and it's nothing to do with self promotion.


If its nothing to do with self promotion - who or what are you promoting on here ?

Obviously not Elvis, that would be preaching to the converted on this message board, so who is left in the equation ?

Damn, I'm not gonna get an answer as Mr InIreland - don't forget he uses his real name on MB's - is through with this thread. Please reconsider as I'd hate to see another thread started just so you can reply.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:14 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Rocklegend,

I have to disagree. I've always found EP Collector, along with others on this board, friendly, helpful and knowledgable.


I second that.

TCB,

Sergio Luiz

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:27 pm

[quote="MauriceinIreland"]Some Basic facts.

and it's nothing to do with self promotion.

Our daughter will get a gold watch ...and she's nowhere near retirement!


Why on earth would you put that on a message board and in the All Elvis section?

I have absolutely no interest in what you are giving your daughter, and I dont think there are many here who would wish to know either..stick to the basic facts MC.. :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: