Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MISS HIM BADLY...

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:33 am

... Just watched Elvis By The Presleys for the first time. It was on Dutch TV. 68 and Aloha tonight as well... An all Elvis night, so to speak. The last 10 minutes of Elvis BTP was extremely moving and sincere... 47 years of loving the man flashed by in those final minutes... I was in tears. Gawd, how I miss him...

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:49 am

Glad you enjoyed EBTP, I thought it was done very good...... Ok I was getting a little teary eyed at the end, when I saw it the first time myself!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:13 am

That final brought me tears! Man that just happened when I watched He Touched Me.

Re: MISS HIM BADLY...

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:45 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Gawd, how I miss him...


Don't we all!!! :(


8)

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:27 am

Damn, I've never did see the last section ... have it on DVD, and stopped with the last part ... Have to pick it up soon

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:41 am

It was like the This Is Elvis movie for me. You know the ending but still...

Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:13 am

The one part that really made me choke up the most was watching Lisa describing that time. You can see she's about to lose it and then they cut away...and then we lose it.

Yep...I miss him too.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:54 am

The world is certainly a little colder and less magical without him.

But the little family he knit together for us and left here on FECC isn't a bad blanket against the chill of his absense.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:53 am

Scatter wrote:The world is certainly a little colder and less magical without him.

But the little family he knit together for us and left here on FECC isn't a bad blanket against the chill of his absense.


Well said Scatter :D

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:58 am

One big snuggly HAPPY FAMILY ........... :lol:



N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:05 am

there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him, or play his music...

I hope to one day, (if I make it), meet him in paradise and let him know jus how much his voice and music meant to me... :wink:

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:54 pm

minkahed wrote:there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him, or play his music...


Same here buddy.....

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:09 pm

minkahed wrote:there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him, or play his music...

I hope to one day, (if I make it), meet him in paradise and let him know jus how much his voice and music meant to me... :wink:


Well said minkahed. It's tough, he gave so much to the world, loving us as much as we him. Ger, I think most of understand what you're feeling. Still, what you wrote was very touching.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:14 pm

minkahed wrote:there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him, or play his music.


Ditto!

I know how Ger feels. There was a pretty big lump in my throat early this morning as I listened to the What Now My Love CD featuring the closing show in Vegas in February 1973. If you can listen to the title song without getting chills up your spine, you'd better check your pulse because you are very close to being stone cold dead.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:01 pm

Renan wrote:That final brought me tears! Man that just happened when I watched He Touched Me.
Yeah me2!

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:20 pm

Rob wrote:
If you can listen to the title song without getting chills up your spine, you'd better check your pulse because you are very close to being stone cold dead.
_________________


Hey I just tried to check it and I can't find it at all !

Hey, you don't think..............................

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:52 pm

My phone was ringing non-stop on aug.16,1977 with people who knew i was a Elvis fan asking me if either i had heard the news or what my thoughts were...
my grandmother was one of the callers and i remember telling her "I'm gonna miss him" and she ask hows that?
my reply was if they took AWAY all the cheesebugers in the world, you will go on living without them, but one day... you WILL miss them and want one!!
I get my Elvis fix each and everyday, in the form of music, movies ect.
and i often wonder what he would be doing in 2005? as i aways thought he was ahead of his time in many ways in style, in dress, in song.
I MISS HIM ..
later Elton

Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:58 am

ColinB wrote:Rob wrote:
If you can listen to the title song without getting chills up your spine, you'd better check your pulse because you are very close to being stone cold dead.
_________________


Hey I just tried to check it and I can't find it at all !

Hey, you don't think..............................


I was just thinking...... I need some Colin lessons!! He can say anything and people never get mad at him!! Well I guess it's because he doesn't say anything truly controversial. Since this is Christmas break (or as they call it now, Winter break) I am posting a lot!! Think of when I take early retirement!! Oh, that boggles the mind!! I definitely need some Colin lessons!!
sue

P.S. I don't miss E because I talk to him daily (he listens to me) and listen to him nightly (I listen to him)!!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:16 pm

silver wrote:I need some Colin lessons!! He can say anything and people never get mad at him!


That's not true. I'm mad at him right now. I have no idea why, but I am!

I'll think of a reason later.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:46 pm

Rob wrote:
silver wrote:I need some Colin lessons!! He can say anything and people never get mad at him!


That's not true. I'm mad at him right now. I have no idea why, but I am!

I'll think of a reason later.


Keep me posted.