Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Finding The Way Home - FTD?

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:02 pm

whilst looking through my cd collection. i came across this, is this regarded as a FTD. here is the song listing from this set, i forgot i even had this set, can someone tell me more about it. it was sent to me as part of a vine on another forum sometime ago. i have the artwork and everythign to go with this set,

(Disc 1)
Wearin' that loved on look (7 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
Only the strong survive (4 f.s.)
Long black limousine (take 1,2,4,7,8 & 6)
Only the strong survive (2 f.s.)
You'll think of me (take 1,2,4,7,8 & 6)
From a Jack to a King (take 1 & 2)
Only the strong survive (1 f.s.)
Without love (take 1& 2)
Only the strong survive (1 alt. take)
If I'm a fool (take 1,2,3)
Suspicious minds (take 1,2,3 & 7)
Only the strong survive (take 1, 3 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
In the ghetto (take 2 & 1)

(Disc 2)
Kentucky rain (take 1,4 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
Suspicious minds (take 4,5 & 6)
In the ghetto (take 7,8,9,10,11)
You'll think of me (take 4,5 & 8)
From a jack to a King (2 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
Without love (take 4)
Wearin' that loved on look (3 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
If I'm a fool (take 6,7 & 5)
Only the strong survive (3 f.s. & 1 alt. take)
A little bit of green (take 2 & 1)
Kentucky rain (2 f.s., take 7 & 10)
Poor man's gold (instrumental)

i would really appreciate any feedback on this, as i'm a little confused as to it's origin

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:05 pm

No, it's not an FTD release. It is a bootleg. You can find information on this CD and many other bootlegs by visiting the Import List on this site.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:08 pm

This was the very first "import" I ever bought, and remains one of my all-time favorites.

Tom

Finding the way

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:15 pm

... Damn, junior!! You just beat me to it. Wanne hear a little secret? Finding the way home is from the same mommy and daddy who gave birth to American Crown Jewels... Could tell you some stories about these people, my manager objects though...

Re: Finding the way

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Could tell you some stories about these people,.....

No doubt, but they put out some of the very best imports out there.

Tom

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:22 pm

Hmmm.... I wonder who those two could be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:22 pm

ok thankya. it's a bloody good bootleg then, thanks for the info, i'd love to get ahold of more of this kind of thing.

thanks all. :o

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Steve_M wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder who those two could be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone seen "those two" lately?? Image

I know that EPE is cracking down on bootleggers, but DAMN!!!!

Tom

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:56 pm

Yes, they are getting violent. I have read they just shot down the "Elvis A Rama" museum.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:57 pm

EPE is cracking down on bootleggers???

So the third world war begun! :shock:

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:04 pm

Maybe they try to kidnap one or two famous bootlegers and replace them with cyborgs. I have seen something like that in a movie and it was scary!

Finding the way

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:04 pm

... Can it be, under the 3rd blanket some recently found tapes are hidden? Can we have a look? Where were these photos taken, Tom?! Poor bootleggers... they were a blessing to the Elvis World. May Santa find them a cool place in Heaven. With lots of pretty Angels, stacks of vintage comic books, tasty cheeseburgers, cokes, and a truckload of furry friends to cuddle up to. Meow!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Finding The Way Home is one of the best bootlegs ever ! All outtakes from the '69 sessions. Just great. I'll remember one outtake from Suspicious Minds were Elvis sings at one point..."would I still see, see, see f u c k you, rider..."
And of course the "famous" remarks during Only the Strong Survive: "I said, why don't you give me a friendly chance. She said listen, you little cock-sucker..".

Finding the way

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:00 pm

... Me o my, what language!! Could these bad boys have not cut that out?! My o me, Santa is not going to like this one little bit, mr Ton, o no!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:04 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Can it be, under the 3rd blanket some recently found tapes are hidden?

Considering the size of the third blanket, I'd say it's only a couple of tapes or Charlie Hodge.

Tom

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:34 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Me o my, what language!! Could these bad boys have not cut that out?! My o me, Santa is not going to like this one little bit, mr Ton, o no!

Silly boy.....! :D :D :D

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:57 am

"Finding The Way Home" is an ESSENTIAL own.

Best boot ever released, hands down, IMO.

N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:23 am

Totally Stung was pretty amazing. And for the old LP days, who can forget the Rockin' Rebel Series or those great Audifon albums like Behind Closed Doors?

DJC

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:56 am

Those are all great boots, but the one that does it for me is the 1961 benefit show. It is still the most stunning thing ever released.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:Finding The Way Home is one of the best bootlegs ever ! All outtakes from the '69 sessions. Just great. I'll remember one outtake from Suspicious Minds were Elvis sings at one point..."would I still see, see, see f u c k you, rider..."
And of course the "famous" remarks during Only the Strong Survive: "I said, why don't you give me a friendly chance. She said listen, you little cock-sucker..".

Ahh the memories....... what excitement first hearing this double CD set..... Totally Essential.......Too bad Elvis would soon lose his way home again...

PEP 8)

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:35 pm

is there anywhere online i can find any elvis bootleg's, to download or trade?

cheers all for the replies

Finding the way

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:32 pm

... Have you tried Santa yet?!

Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:21 am

christmas = bah humbug,. i hate christmas, it drives me nuts :lol:

nah seriously i just can't grasp t he christmas spirit anymore lmao

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:34 pm

An essential bootleg.

Good to see Totally Stung get a mention, got that not long ago.

I also love the Something Complete, Kiss me Quick/Little Sister and Night Rider 61 imports. Excellent performances in super sound.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:54 pm

aus elvisfan

u live in tassie? i might be able to help you out with your collection if you like