Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:22 pm

Interesting to note that they're (EPE) targeting the anthology as a "television presentation" release similar to TTWII-SE.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:47 pm

Hi Elvis fan!

The Beatles Anthology was also made for television in the first place, then added bonus stuff for the newly released dvd edition.

Hopefully EPE will make something similar out of it.

Br
Kristian

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:29 pm

Showing something on TV first [before video/DVD release] needn't be harmful.

Just look at the success of the 'He Touched Me' videos/DVD's !

The mistake with 'TTWII SE' was that the video/DVD offered less than the TV version !

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:46 pm

Hi ColinB!

Yes, unbelievable that the dvd release actually contained LESS than what was presented on television!

Why is it so, that virtually all other artists have companys that release dvd's with lots and lots of bonus material added?

Look at the dvd's out there with our Man:
The movies have (if one is lucky) just a trailer as bonus.
Heck, these days Elvis songs are being cut OUT of the movies, because of so called legal problems!!!

IF the TTWII dvd actually HAD included the promised bonus material, it would have been a fantastic legacy of Elvis live in Las Vegas in the early 70s.

Instead, everyone (including myself!) is MAD because we're fed small pieces of what COULD have been a masterpiece...

It frustrates me every time!

Br
Per-Kristian

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:01 pm

Presenting the Anthology as a TV series first wouldn’t really harm sales in my opinion. The DVD’s would hopefully include extra footage, and this should provide a further incentive for both fans and casual buyers. Many TV series are sold as DVD’s and the fact that they have already been seen on television normally boosts sales, rather than hindering them. The difference with the “TTWII” SE is that for the film to be a success MGM/Turner needed to attract both the fans and the wider public into the theatres to watch the movie, and by showing the new film in it’s entirety on television at the time of it’s release, they lost a large part of their target audience.