Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

G'day from Australia

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:43 am

good morning everyone
i'd like to introduce myself.

my name is andrew, i'm 35 years old, and i'm a devoted elvis presley fan, i have been since i was a child. my mum, was and still is a mega huge elvis fan. she loves him. she has all his old vinyls, which is quite rare.

as for me, i'm working on getting all his stuff on cd, i've got a 45 here, which i paid like 25bucks for, it's a collectors item.

ok all that said and done, does anyone know if there is a site online that i can download, live unreleased show's (non official). i'd like to also know what your stance is on live boot's, are you allowed to offer them for trading, or is that not permitted,

thanks for reading and merry christmas to all, :D

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:10 am

Not sure about "Complete" live shows, but if you're new to the internet, and looking for rarities, then check out my site http://www.keithflynn.com along with http://www.jordans-elvis-world.com I'm sure you'll find a few surprises there!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:39 am

Welcome Aus Elvis Fan. Hope you enjoy it here. There are lots of sites out there for great downloads. Some fans here will guide you in the right direction. Try Keith's recommendations first - it's a great suggestion.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:19 am

thankyou everyone, for your warm welcome. just i downloaded some live shows from BT. the site's rules were rather strict, in that you were not allowed to seed official material of any kind. so the stuff i have is not illegal in that respect...

but thanks everyone i'll take a look at keith's site.

thanks all

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:44 am

Welcome, aus elvis fan!! You joined us in the warm holiday season and I hope you have fun!! Keith's site is a must. Also, try Steve's site: elviscrawler. He has a great video section for members only and also a wonderful audio section with many, many albums that you can listen to (if you are thinking of buying them, for instance; or just for pure pleasure. You do have to have RealPlayer for the audio section - which right now I don't; and you need Windows Media Player for the video section, which I do!!
sue

Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:26 am

thanks silver, i appreciate the welcome, and the info on the sites. i've checked out keith's site. nice one. i'll have to check that out some more.

merry christmas to all,

cheers

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:05 am

Welcome to the board aus elvisfan. :D

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 am

hello from a fellow aussie, 20 years younger

welcome, hope you enjoy this board

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:15 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:hello from a fellow aussie, 20 years younger

welcome, hope you enjoy this board

wow thats a spinout, pardon the pun. a young person, in today's world. where music is totally different to Elvis, style and passion,

i bet your parents are elvis fans?

cheers for the welcome

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:19 am

my parents bought the number 1 cd for their own pleasure, i did the rest. i don't like most of the crap being put out today.
welcome once again 8) where abouts in Australai do u live? i'm in tasmania

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:35 pm

ahhh yes, i just finished talking to carolyn about you lol. she said you were from my home state, of Tasmania. you know, i'm a little blown away..tell me more about why you chose to listen to elvis over, the modern 3 minute bop, or c(rap) of today.

for me i've been a fan since i was born pretty much. my mum was/is a fan, and has been since she was 14. she's been a fan for more than 40 years. so i had the upbringing, of the king. so thats my story. I'm not into music that you can't understand. ie screaming etc.

i also hear your an elvis impersonator. all i can say is WOW. lol. what i'd like to be able to do is, find someone who has loads of boot's and maybe start some kind of vine, so the music (non official of course) can be more spread. i have a couple of live show's but nothing too special. i see there are FTD's but little out of my price bracket..

anyway, merry christmas to all, and safe and happy new year
:beer:

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:38 pm

Welcome Andrew! Hope you enjoy here.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:45 am

Elvis impersonator,me , Andrew? Carolyn has got it all mixed up! i was gonna be one, but i now am havinga lot of success singing Elvis's songs in my own voice, and writing my own songs and playing them on guitar, PLUS having a singing teacher, i am going to be my own singer

so where abouts in Tassie are u? u would'nt by any chance be over Kings court under the name of Houndoggone 2000? just having a shot

well i have'nt been tuned with todays music for about 3 years after the sh*t i've seen and heard on Rage. i used to be in to KISS majorly, then Savage Garden, and then, our man, EP

since then, i've becoem quite a fanatic. i have heaps of stuff. i do ahve FTDS and boots, if you don't have any, maybe i can mail some over if u want? i'll have to check with my mum on that, she can be a bit difficult, even asking something like that lol

i'm not an Elvis impersonator Andrew, but i have won a talent quest and heaps of singing events that some i have even forgot, i did one yesterday at an elderly care centre actually.

if i get picked up by the music business, i'd like to introduce my material and a mix of Elvis's less known material such as 'stranger in my own hometown', 'baby what you want me to do' etc, get them away from blue suede shoes and hounddog, give our man a better image

any way welcome to the board, and merry christmas to you too and your family. see you later 8)

G' day

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:15 am

... "give our man a better image" HA! That remark steals the cake, Hoppy! Only 15 years young, and already an ego the size of your homeland. Go for it, baby!

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:55 am

Welcome aus-elvisfan........oi oi oi :lol:

So are you still in Tasmania, if not where did you move to ? BTW what is BT ?

Scott, I hope you realise you are live in the best place on the planet !
I was there July & August this year & July in 2001, if I could get a job in Tassie I'd move at the drop of a hat. I hope you don't live in Hobart or Strathan, they were the only places I didn't like. Loved Launceston, Port Arthur, Swansea, Bicheno, St Marys, St Helens, Mole Creek, Queenstown & the best of all Loongana (excellent Wilderness Cabins).

Oopps waffled on a bit too much...Elvis Elvis Elvis (there that should satisfy the 'All Elvis Police' :shock: ).

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:21 pm

aus-wlvisfan, nice to see you getting into your stride here. Welcome aboard.

Maurice.

http://press.xtvworld.com/article8353.html

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:31 pm

Yes Welcome Aus_elvisfan..thats all we need another from down-under :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:29 am

Ger Rijff, you've got a ego as big as your hair, you can't talk :twisted:. you know the image i'm talking about, and if i got big in to the industry, i would teach people more about him, in my albums in my concerts (this is just a dream i hope will come true) i would sing songs that are very under rated and get them recognised by the public. ah to hell with it, you're not even listening

i live in georgetown Ray. small town, but nice, but i rather broadbeach in queensland, heaven on earth there. i have been to most of the places you mentioned, i love mole creek wildlife park, and launceston is where we do all out shopping every once in a while, love the place, except when its crowded.

yeah i like tassie and all, but i'd go to queensland if i could, to live.