Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

'King Creole' candids!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:09 pm

For those who have not seen these, here are some colour and b/w candids around the time of filming 'King Creole'

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:34 pm

Fantastic pics!!!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:49 pm

Thanks Funky. Great pics! Particularly like the last one......cool or what? 8)

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:29 pm

He was a good looking lad, was'nt he.

GREAT

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:08 pm

These are excellent and never included in the "Inside King Creole" book, which is one of my favourite books, along with "Inside loving you", although since that was published, I have noticed quite a few shots that were not used in there.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:40 pm

Do any one of the following shots appear in that book!?

king creqle

Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:11 pm

... No, mr Funky, the above candids do not appear in my book. their nice. But not half as nice as the extremely rare ones that DO appear in Inside King Creole.... Heheh heh...

Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:20 pm

I admire you. Your books are so great, but you're still your good ol' humble self.....

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:09 pm

Was there any comment from Carolyn Jones on what she thought of this film and of Elvis?

(I kinda hope they had that 'accident' they mentioned in the film - perhaps they are having it now?).

king creole

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:16 pm

... It was a little tongue in cheek, dl... But I do agree all the way, Im not humble! I was... for most of my life. After having been ripped off and having had the sh*t kicked out of me by fellow collecters in the past, I felt it was time for a change... Dont take it too serious, Im still a loveable Tallhair.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:39 pm

Because it's christmas time I'll forgive you (I'm such a nice guy :wink: )!

Re: king creole

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Im still a loveable Tallhair.

I always thought that....

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:10 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

king creole

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:41 pm

... Necky, save that tape! Maybe one day, when I will be really famous, Keith or Steve can put it on their sites for the whole world to enjoy! Really cant remember if I had something interesting to say? I hope my hair looked cool and tall. That matters more than answering Catherine her dumbass questions ... Peter Haan his grunting is unequeled. Love the guy!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:48 pm

errrr.....just how tall is your hair ?

king creole

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:08 pm

... Ezzz, a gentleman doesnt ask such personal questions ! How tall is yours?!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:50 pm

Stan from Tintane wrote:it aint so tall-its just big thats all

And you know this how???

Tom

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:58 pm

I guess this confirms Gorge klien's claim of KC bein filmed in colour. Some "experts" have said this was impossible. Maybe soon here in the US we will get KC in full colour on dvd or tv with some unseen deleted scenes.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:50 am

maybe it was filmed in color however these shots confirm nothing!
sorry but no expert bashing points for you.

Bob B.

king creole

Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:03 am

... The color photos are from the Paramount Publicity Dept. On the Set photography. They have nothing to do with the actual filming, Lakeisha dear.

king creole

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:43 am

... A little correction here. Only the 3rd color photo [ with Wallis looking down ] is one from the many made Paramount Publicity shots. The other two are fan candids. Compere quality, and learn. Hi Doc! I think, KC was shot strictly as a Black & White film. The often dark and moody camera work was that of a typical 40s / 50s Film Noir. So who started the "filmed in Color " story in the first place? Dear Georgie... [ c EP, Memphis 69 Sessions ] or one of the Incrowd Experts on this mb? Teach me, I wanne learn...

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:27 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote: I think, KC was shot strictly as a Black & White film. The often dark and moody camera work was that of a typical 40s / 50s Film Noir. So who started the "filmed in Color " story in the first place? Dear Georgie... [ c EP, Memphis 69 Sessions ] or one of the Incrowd Experts on this mb? Teach me, I wanne learn...

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff I absolutely agree with you.....GK for whatever the reason I have heard recently he has started up the rumour again on Sirius suggesting King Creole was shot in Colour as well as B/W.

I say started again because he first mention this to my knowledge back in 92' in Memphis at Alfred's...the following year I brought this up to Jerry Shilling while he was on stage at Alfred's...his response was where did you hear this from and I said GK the previous year...he inreturn gave him a dirty look and strongly pointed out this was not the case.....

Now the question might be asked how would Shilling know and not GK, since and correct me if I'm wrong GK was probably on set where Shilling was not.

In my opinion it's seems just common sense....I doubt Wallis would have put the extra money out to shoot in Colour And just sit on...however people have come back and said the budget changed after the fact, meaning after it was filmed and completed in colour the decision made to print the future copies in B/W for the theatres....
However again...no paper work has surfaced to indicate this and if anybody would know it should be You,...because of the terrific work you did on King Creole.

Nevertheless Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff to clean the slate on all of this do you at all think there is any possibility the rumour could be true,...like even 1%?

Or would you say absolutely 100% there just is No way?

Look forward to your response...I'm sure I already know the answer.

PEP 8)

king creole

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:59 am

... Wowee, Pep, great posting here! I humbly think, KC was strictly shot in Bl & White, with the knowledge Elvis was about to join the Army, and was soon to be forgotten by his fans, Paramount went for Bl & White filming, instead of the much more expensive color... Isnt it strange how often, in docus about his life, the story line goes from Jailhouse Rock straight into his Army days?! With no mention of KC at all...?! I cant remember pix of George on or around the set of KC. But that doesnt mean he wasnt there... I do know KC didnt get very much exposure in the US media at the time. Everybody was focused on him entering the Army...

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:48 pm

Even the trailer for the film that included New Orleans location footage not used in the movie was filmed in black and white.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:12 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Wowee, Pep, great posting here!Thank You Isnt it strange how often, in docus about his life, the story line goes from Jailhouse Rock straight into his Army days?! With no mention of KC at all...?!

Yes, once again I agree with you......both movies in my opinion were both very good movies for their time and of course still hold up to the test of time.....infact Im' still a little dissapointed the media or people in general never thought of Presley as being as good of an actor as lets say Brando or Dean....

In my opinion he showed the same level of acting ablity in both those movies.....

If the media would compare what Elvis did in King Creole as a example I believe Presley would have done just as good of job as what Dean did in"Rebel Without A Cause" if not better.
Dean gets reconized as being a better actor because he dies at such a early age.....

Brando on the other hand continued to recieve better parts.....

Anyway it is what it is......

I have another question for you Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff.....I found this picture in a old movie magazine I bought in a used book store over 35 years ago...
From memory my guess is the the movie mag which contained this picture was originally printed in 58' possiblly 59' I never did keep the mag mind you just the picture, so its only a guess.

Anyway the question is this, I know you had a few pictures leading up to this picture and after this scene in your book "Inside King Creole"
I'm assuming the scene was filmed.....

Any knowledge to the where abouts of the footage?

If so have you seen it?

Also, if you have seen it did it have sound, would it have sound?

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.