Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

CHANGE OF HABIT UK DVD RELEASE

Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:49 pm

Yes... "Change Of Habit" is up for official release in UK on the 18th august,
to tie in with the new remix of "Rubberneckin"

I'm looking forward to that one...

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:32 pm

where did you find that one out? It would be interesting to know if it will be preseted in wide screen or not.

I was wondering if it is coming to all Europe also.... I wish!

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:50 pm

Region 2, Widescreen, dolby digital mono sound, it has been out in America for a while I think.

Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:35 am

Talk about the new remix of "Rubberneckin'" I've just caught the end credits of "Big Brother 4" (UK) and the theme tune is by Paul Oakenfield!

Just thought I'd mention it!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:37 am

Dan T -

It's Paul Oakenfold who has remixed 'Rubberneckin' !

Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:19 am

Have look at the website ME4EP linked to earlier. You can get this for £7.99 delivered...

You know it makes sense..........

Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:21 am

Here's the link...

http://www.playserver1.com/play247.asp? ... 88&sent=14

Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:28 am

ColinB wrote:Dan T -

It's Paul Oakenfold who has remixed 'Rubberneckin' !


Colin,my friend,you are correct it's "Fold" not "FIELD"! anyway,it's the same bloke. I kinda like the BB theme tune.

Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:28 pm

Has any of you guys from America got a copy of this DVD, because I would imagine the UK version will be the same, what is the quality like and his your version mono. Also is it chopped.

Also is Charro out in the states, and if so, what's the quality like on this one, and is it edited "The nude bit.... is it chopped". Also is this mono.

Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:02 pm

I hope it has Dutch subtitles. :D

Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:35 am

I have the American version and used a website to enable my DVD player to play all region DVD's. In fact, the reason I bought the handset (to program the codes) was so I could watch 'Change Of Habit', as it wasn't available in the UK.

The code was easy to enter, using a 3 in one remote (the ones you buy when you have lost the original remote). I was very pleased when I finally purchased the movie and it played on the DVD player!

The picture quality is excellent and it's widescreen. Also the sound is very good, although it's only mono.

If the UK release is as good, it will be well worth buying.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:31 pm

CHEERS GETLO

I am a bit lost, you say you programed your DVD player to play any discs, what's that all about.
Can you program any DVD player, to play American DVDs

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:12 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:Has any of you guys from America got a copy of this DVD, because I would imagine the UK version will be the same, what is the quality like and his your version mono. Also is it chopped.


Hey Joe!

I've got the US version of Change Of Habit. Picture quality of this widescreen version is great, sound quality is okay. It's mono but it's okay. I don't know whether it's chopped - how can you tell? What the original lenght?

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:18 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:CHEERS GETLO

I am a bit lost, you say you programed your DVD player to play any discs, what's that all about.
Can you program any DVD player, to play American DVDs


The reason I bought my DVD player was that I could easily make it codefree. That means you're not limited to region 2 DVDs. I HAD TO TO HAVE TTWII SE in 2000 as soon as it was out in the US. So I had to have a DVD player where you could turn of the region code. So, now I can watch whatever DVD I like.

Depends on the DVD player you've got. Use Google or something like this to look for a way to turn of the region code of your player.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:31 pm

See See Rider,

Is the racialist comment in about one of the nurses being black as the ace of spades, stuff like that. They sometimes chop stuff like that nowadays.

I can't remember if there is any swearing in the movie, it's a while since I watched it, but... like I said in another post about the movie "Roustabout" that was chopped to bits, for VHS release. They cut words like "Well I'll be damned", and "No but they protect you from sex maniacs" and other little bits.
The DVD of "Roustabout" incidentally is complete, I think.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:54 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:See See Rider,

Is the racialist comment in about one of the nurses being black as the ace of spades, stuff like that. They sometimes chop stuff like that nowadays.

I can't remember if there is any swearing in the movie, it's a while since I watched it, but... like I said in another post about the movie "Roustabout" that was chopped to bits, for VHS release. They cut words like "Well I'll be damned", and "No but they protect you from sex maniacs" and other little bits.
The DVD of "Roustabout" incidentally is complete, I think.


The ace of spades comment is definitely IN the movie. I know that because I didn't understand it at first and had to use the subtitles.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:16 pm

Cheers See See Rider for that, also for the info on the DVD, I think I have just hacked my player, it said key in a number and your sorted.

All I need now is a region 1 disc, to see if it plays. Fantastic.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:46 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:Cheers See See Rider for that, also for the info on the DVD, I think I have just hacked my player, it said key in a number and your sorted.

All I need now is a region 1 disc, to see if it plays. Fantastic.


I'm glad if I could help. On the other hand: Don't chose region 1 only. The best is if you could chose "codefree". In my case it was "9" so I can play any region without always changing. Some players BTW don't allow multiple changes ... :? I hope yours does ...

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:54 pm

OK what's BTW, See See,

I have just tried as many DVDs as possible and they all play, I have a DVD called "Johnny Cash at Town Hall Party" and that says NTSC on it. Is that American or what, because that played before I keyed in the numbers, and it still plays, also all region 2 play.
See See Rider are you in UK, America or somewhere else

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:21 pm

I tried my hacking using a "One For All" remote. I needed that one because it has a button called "magic", which is what I needed to hack it correctly. My DVD is a 'Phillips' model.

I managed to trace the site I used, which is very informative regarding hacking to make your DVD region free.

Try this out: http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/mult ... ckable.asp

The 'Change Of Habit' DVD is the full version and is great quality - no cuts.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:38 pm

Getlo,

Thanks for the link! Region 1 DVD's here we come!

Luvvly Jubbly!!

Delboy

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:11 am

CHEERS GETLO

Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:13 pm

You are welcome :)

I've just recently purchased a 'Goodmans' DVD; but I'm still looking for a hack to enable region 1 compatability.

The DVD is a new model and not listed on any sites... yet! I've looked all over the place!

Still, my 'Phillips' serves me well now that it has been hacked. :wink: