Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
FVH
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Wild stories.

Post by FVH »

I started thinking about some wild stories that appeared in a Norwegian magazine in the mid-eighties. The article featured Billy Stanley over at least three pages. For the most part they were about drugs and women, but two of his stories went like this:
In the first one he insists that Elvis once drove a big lorry like crazy, at higher speeds than I thought possible for a lorry, with mr. Stanley strapped to a horse saddle that in turn was strapped to the bonnet of this truck.
In the second one he continues that Elvis once drove a Ferrari on the freeway, again citing speeds more reminiscent of that of a formula one car, and that he was busted by a cop, who in turn got fired from his job for writing out a ticket for Elvis for his violation. Elvis, in turn, was supposed to be pleading afterwards to the local police department, so that the "unlucky" officer got his job back!

The article offers no information about when this was supposed to happen, which might not be strange as I suspect they only happened in Billy's mind.

Any thoughts?

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Any thoughts ? I sure have but none as wild as those belonging to Billy Boy.

Could have been wilder, the mag could have done a joint interview with his brother David :lol:

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Could that have been on Elvis' 200mph tractor ?

Did you see the film on TV about Elvis' tractor ?
No, but I saw the trailer for it. :lol:

Topic author
FVH
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by FVH »

He he, the interview was done by a journalist from this weekly magazine, so maybe Billy thought: "He's from little Norway?!!? That hilly little rock by the North Pole?!? Man, am I gonna give him some serious bullshit! It's not like anyone's gonna read it...!" :lol:

Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Jim Dandy »

I have a jpeg, as would thefunkyangel, of a speeding ticket from 1976, I think he was booked in Memphis.

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

EagleUSA
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by EagleUSA »

Steve M wrote:
the mag could have done a joint interview with his brother David
:lol: joint interview...are they still smoking that stuff? :lol:

Eagle