Elvis and Rhapsody.com, anyone seen this site.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvisman77
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Elvis and Rhapsody.com, anyone seen this site.

Post by Elvisman77 »

Hay everybody

I am sittin here on vacation for a week and havin alot of fun here on my new computer I purchased a week ago. Anyhow a friend of mine introduced me to a site called rahapsody.com. Yea its a couple bucks a month....but oh my God !
There is a TON of Elvis material on the site. There is everything you can think of under the sun. I found a ton of alternant takes from the mid and late 70's not to mention 50's and 60's too.
I am so overwhelmed by all I have seen. There are a good amount of box sets as well. Good thing I am on vacation because it will take me forever to look all of this over.

Mark
Loss Wages

There is alot of crappy music out there these days. Its a good thing that Elvis still out there in our memories

Eileen
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Re: Elvis and Rhapsody.com, anyone seen this site.

Post by Eileen »

Elvisman77 wrote:Hay everybody

I am sittin here on vacation for a week and havin alot of fun here on my new computer I purchased a week ago. Anyhow a friend of mine introduced me to a site called rahapsody.com. Yea its a couple bucks a month....but oh my God !
There is a TON of Elvis material on the site. There is everything you can think of under the sun. I found a ton of alternant takes from the mid and late 70's not to mention 50's and 60's too.
I am so overwhelmed by all I have seen. There are a good amount of box sets as well. Good thing I am on vacation because it will take me forever to look all of this over.
I wonder if they have the same license as MusicNow? Some of you might recall the "big deal" announcement a few years ago about the Elvis online radio & download channel on MusicNow.

Get Your Elvis Online
MusicNow's all-Elvis service makes more than 2,000 songs by the king of rock 'n' roll available on demand.

Aug 19, 2003
By Tony Kontzer
InformationWeek

The king lives! Or at least, he can keep you company at work.

Digital music service provider MusicNow on Tuesday launched an all-Elvis online radio channel that offers up more than 2,000 songs by one of rock's most enduring legends, available on demand. The channel, called Elvis 2nd To None, after a CD collection to be released this fall, makes Elvis Presley's song library available as streams or downloads. MusicNow subscribers can pay $4.95 a month for unlimited access to more than 40 streamed radio channels or $9.95 to add unlimited downloads from the service's collection of songs from all five major recording labels.

After the initial promo announcement nothing was heard of it again, as far as I know. It's still available, now they are either owned by AOL or entered a cobranding deal with them. Anyway, as of today they have 3765 Elvis tracks.
http://aol.musicnow.com

Eileen

This post is for readers of the FECC forum. Permission to copy this post elsewhere is not granted.