Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Legendary Performer vol. 3 and 4 on CD

Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:22 pm

Hello there,
Legendary Vol. 3 and 4 has been released in the "import" circuit with extra tacks. Is there any news about sound quality? source: vinyl or tapes (cassetes)? Who knows about it?

Track listing A Legendary Performer Volume 3

1) Hound Dog (Original master, take 31)
2) Danny (Recorded for “King Creole”)
3) Fame And Fortune (Alternate take 2)
4) Frankfurt Special (recorded for “G.I. Blues”, alternate take HO-2)
5) Britches (Recorded for “Flaming Star”)
6) Crying In The Chapel (Original master, take 3)
7) Surrender (Alternate take 2)
8- Can’t Help Falling In Love (Alternate takes 1-5 / previously unreleased stereo recording)
9) Guadalajara) (Alternate take PVX-2)
10) It Hurts Me (6/68 previously unreleased on CD)
11) Let Yourself Go (6/68 previously unreleased on CD)
12) Inherit The Wind (previously unreleased alternate take)
13) Gentle On My Mind (previously unreleased version)
14) In The Ghetto (vocal only)
15) Let It Be Me (Recorded live in Las Vegas, February 15, 1970 Midnight Show)
16) Memories (Funny version, rehearsal July 24, 1970)
17) Meet And Greet in Elvis’ Suite (January 30, 1974)
18- For The Heart (Previously unreleased undubbed version)
19) Complete Interview with Elvis and the Colonel for TV Guide.

Track listing A Legendary Performer Volume 4

1) When It Rains, It Really Pours (Alternate takes c, f, e)
2) Tampa Interview (August 5, 1956)
3) One Night (Of Sin)
4) Don’t (Master take 7, with extra studio chat)
5) I’m Beginning To Forget You (Home recording 1959)
6) Mona Lisa (Home recording 1959)
7) Wooden Heart (Alternate takes 3, 4)
8- Thanks To The Rolling Sea (Group Version)
9) Plantation Rock (Original Master)
10) The Lady Loves Me (Duet with Ann Margaret, recorded for “Viva Las Vegas”)
11) Kissin’ Cousins (Previously unreleased version)
12) I’m A Roustabout (previously unreleased from first generation master tape)
13) Swing Down, Sweet Chariot (October 1968, recorded for “The Trouble With Girls”)
14) That’s All Right (Recorded live on June 27, 1968, 8PM)
15) My Little Friend (previously unreleased undubbed version)
16) Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Recorded live in Las Vegas, August 26, 1969 Midnight Show)
17) Reconsider Baby (recorded live at Madison Square Garden, June 10, 1972 Afternoon Show)
18- I’ll Remember You (recorded live at Madison Square Garden, June 10, 1972 Afternoon Show)
19) Girl Of Mine (Previously unreleased undubbed version)
20) A live Experience: See See Rider, I Got A Woman – Amen (Recorded live on tour, November 28, 1976)
21) Million Dollar Quartet Radio Spot (Previously unreleased).

source: Elvisnews

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:11 am

Is this from the same folks that brought us the excellent Vol. 5-7?

Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:39 am

It's not a Madison what I'm told, but the same person who were releasing the greatest hits vol. 1 & let's be friends CD's and other shitty releases.
Yes, another quick way to make a buck ;-)

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:10 am

Too bad, as I was hoping you'd say it's Madison as Volumes 6 & 7 and what I've heard of Vol. 5 are outstanding.

Maybe you'll be wrong. :shock: :D

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:22 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Too bad, as I was hoping you'd say it's Madison as Volumes 6 & 7 and what I've heard of Vol. 5 are outstanding.

Maybe you'll be wrong. :shock: :D

I too was hoping they were from "Madison" as they have a great name for bringing us Quality releases, and the last Volumes of this series were a breath of fresh air.

I suppose we can all live in hope that it still could be "Madison" :?:

No hope, buddy

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:52 am

You are dreamer. It has nothing to do with Vols 5,6,7.

Re: No hope, buddy

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:22 am

deadringer wrote:You are dreamer. It has nothing to do with Vols 5,6,7.

So I take it, as Maurice said, that these two releases will come from the same Shitty label that gave us "Let's Be Friends" and "Greatest Hits"?

I also wonder where they got the "Unreleased" version of 'Kissin Cousins' from :roll: I could be wrong, but it looks like another ripped off from my site!

I think I'll pass!

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:57 am

Track 14 vol3 is complete ?

Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:05 am

Steve_M wrote:Track 14 vol3 is complete ?

Wasn't that on the DVD-Audio release of "E1"? (Incomplete). And isn't that release still in the catalogue? If so, they are also ripping off BMG

We'll see!

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:09 am

Keith F wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Track 14 vol3 is complete ?

Wasn't that on the DVD-Audio release of "E1"? (Incomplete). And isn't that release still in the catalogue? If so, they are also ripping off BMG. We'll see!

And Vol. 4 Track 12 ("Im a Roustabout" from mastertape) seems to be lifted straight from your site, Keith!

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:31 am

If you are hoping for Madison releases, you will be let down. Don't spend a lot of money on these. There are better imports to buy.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:46 pm

Rob wrote:If you are hoping for Madison releases, you will be let down. Don't spend a lot of money on these. There are better imports to buy.

what's next ? don't tell me ! I'll guess a "remake" of volumes one and two, including everything else from Keith's site ! Hey shitty -don't care a bout the product, just to make a quick buck- bootleggers - make it including a bonus DVD, Keith has some excellent footage of Tupelo 56 with added sound !!

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Geez... that's a let-down, and I was looking forward to having these, too... not anymore..

(Keith, check your e-mail, I can't seem to get an e-mail through)

Re: No hope, buddy

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:36 pm

Keith F wrote:
deadringer wrote:You are dreamer. It has nothing to do with Vols 5,6,7.

So I take it, as Maurice said, that these two releases will come from the same Shitty label that gave us "Let's Be Friends" and "Greatest Hits"?

I also wonder where they got the "Unreleased" version of 'Kissin Cousins' from :roll: I could be wrong, but it looks like another ripped off from my site!

I think I'll pass!

Rumour has it that indeed it comes from the same people who released material from your website earlier.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:19 pm

Have not received mine yet, but was much looking forward to them!!

Anyone know if they have multi page booklets?

When I saw that there is an unreleased Kissin Cousins I immediately thought of Keiths site. I just downloaded the "Piste" version yesterday from there!! Odds on that's the one on the disc :(

If I get mine first I will do a quick review in the Review Section (would not want to get chastised for putting something in the wrong place :wink: )

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:57 pm

Got my copies today. Just had a quick skim listen so far.

No booklets :cry:

Definite shades of Snowy!!! (No credit to Keith again!!)

Good to have but don't pay a fortune for them!! First escape on Silver Disc for most material.

Sound is ok. Does not sound like it has come off an LP (thank goodness :wink: )

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:04 am

Track 13 on Vol. 4 is SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC-not Swing Low Sweet Chariot!

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:29 am

So do I take it then that these releases are NOT from "Madison"?

I think at least they would get the correct song!

And they would also not STEAL mp3 tracks from my web site and put them out as REAL songs!

I'm now only sorry for those of you who have actually bought these releases expecting something special, but actually getting second rate "S**T", probably transferred from Vinyl, or worse, taken from my web site that offers this material for FREE!

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:18 am

I just got these two and I think they are fine. The label on the CD says Madison but they are probably not the same people who we know and love from previous Madison releases. There is no booklet, but the coverscans are first rate. I believe these are real factory pressed CD's but I can't tell the difference anymore. The Sound quality is great. They even use the E1 version of Hound Dog(Don't ask me how I can tell)

These are of value to me because RCA never released them on CD and the boots are nice fill-ins. These are certainly much better than the ones that came out from Peru which I now want to unload.

I hope somebody puts out a quality release of the 1981 release "I was the one" on CD Once that is done, every original USA Elvis Record from the "LP" age will have been put on CD either via RCA USA Releases, RCA Import releases and a few bootleg fill ins

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:07 pm

I'm looking at both of the CD's- I don't see 'Madison' anywhere- not on the CD's or the inserts. The CD's say 'Sony/BMG Special Products' (yea, right). They also have 'The Memphis Flash' wriiten on them. The artwork is good- but there are no booklets. The sound is decent.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:41 pm

Yeah, They have everything on the label of these CD's. In the Middle left printed is SONY/BMG special products. On the lower center it is printed "The Memphis Flash" and in the lower printed section with the "All rights of the producer (etc. etc. etc.) but at the end it has a 2005 Madison copyright. Boy they give everyone credit on this one!!

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:38 am

Good eye- you're right!