Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

A reflection on the death of Elvis Presley.

Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:19 am

I was just reminiscing today as my 43rd birthday is quickly approaching this coming Saturday. After completing these past 42 years of life I was reflecting on the health and well-being of Elvis at this same time of his life - not good! I was 17 when Elvis died and remember that the age of 42 seemed a whole lot older than me and a long way off. Now that I'm here, and still feeling young and fit with a whole lot of life in front of me, I realize just how tragically short his life really was.

Just a reflection,

Darrell

Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:04 am

Age is just a number that you decide if its old or not.... Now I'm 25
years old and I just pulled this information out of my ass.
:P

Anyway, I hope you have a great Birthday and God Bless

Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:28 am

Age is a funny thing. I remember as a child listening to Buddy Holly and thinking 22 was old. And then when you have reach 25 you think "WOW". Look at Ritche Valens. Now that I am closer to 40 than 20, the feelings about how young people like Jonh Lennon and Elvis were when they passed on make you realize............ :shock:

Matt.

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:34 am

Darrell

Being only a week younger than you, I've often had exactly the same thoughts. I'm still 17 in my head. The only problem I find is that my face takes longer to return to it's proper shape 1st thing in the morning. Oh yes and my backside is an inch or so nearer the ground, I wear 38 inch waist trousers instead of 32, I'm grey at the temples, and it now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night...and where did the hair in my ears and nose come from????

Apart from that...