Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:04 am

No...

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:04 pm

The Colonel actually tried to convince Elvis that the following song repertoire would fit perfectly into the Aloha From Hawaii show:

Queenie Wahine's Papaya
House Of Sand
Ito Eats
Drums Of The Island
A Dog's Life
Scratch My Back

All excellent songs from the 2 Elvis movies connected to Hawaii, and they would've all made an improvement to the setlist... :wink:

Nawh... just kidding...

Br
Kristian

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:24 pm

Yes, Parker did have some thoughts on how the shows, or at least EOT, should be presented but I'm not sure of the detail. He did have words with Addige and Abel to that effect according to one of them in an interview with Jerry Hopkins.

Re: 68 Comeback, EOT and Aloha

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:15 pm

carolynlm wrote:It is well documented on what tom parker had in mind for the Singer Special, and these thoughts were over ridden by the producers of the show, thank goodness.....I was wondering if there is anything in tom parkers notes anywhere on the thoughts he had had for EOT and Aloha.
Did he have an idea in his mind on how these shows woud be presented? If he did, were these different to the eventual shows?

Nobody knows.

Re: 68 Comeback, EOT and Aloha

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:08 am

carolynlm wrote:It is well documented on what tom parker had in mind for the Singer Special, and these thoughts were over ridden by the producers of the show, thank goodness.....I was wondering if there is anything in tom parkers notes anywhere on the thoughts he had had for EOT and Aloha.
Did he have an idea in his mind on how these shows woud be presented? If he did, were these different to the eventual shows?

As far as I know, the Colonel wanted Elvis singing Christmas songs in the 68 Comeback Special.... :? :? :?