Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Today In Elvis History

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:03 am

November 23, 1976

There was a bit of trouble at the gates of Graceland. This was the second night in a row that Jerry Lee Lewis appeared at the gates in the early morning. He was waving with a gun and demanded to see Elvis. According to witnesses he was screaming and cursing, and the police said that the singer was sitting in his car with a loaded 38 derringer resting on his knee when they arrived. Elvis watched the whole thing on the closed-circuit monitors.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:05 am

It´s been long 29 years!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 am

God,I can remember that incident being reported on British Radio !

29 years ago !

That's scary.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:01 am

If Elvis was watching the whole thing on CCTV - I wonder why he didn't go down to the gate and help Jerry Lee out after the police arrived?

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:21 am

KiwiAlan wrote:If Elvis was watching the whole thing on CCTV - I wonder why he didn't go down to the gate and help Jerry Lee out after the police arrived?

Maybe he thought Jerry deserved a night in jail.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:01 am

KiwiAlan wrote:If Elvis was watching the whole thing on CCTV - I wonder why he didn't go down to the gate and help Jerry Lee out after the police arrived?

Maybe Elvis was too stoned... :wink:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:28 am

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 pm

TJ wrote:

Maybe he thought Jerry deserved a night in jail.

Or maybe he was having fun in seeing that ludicrous scene!! :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:35 pm

What happened with Jerry Lee Lewis? It seems his nose was hurt.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:48 pm

Why on earth should he have helped that crazy fool?? Who knows what he´d done had he gotten to meet Elvis...with a gun...you can´t argue with a sick mind, and I do believe that Jerry Lee was sick and crazy.

Sincerely MB280E