Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

If you got to jam with D.J. Fontana - which songs?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:37 pm

If you had the opporunity to jam with D.J. today, which 4-5 songs would you use?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:50 pm

Rip It Up
Jailhouse Rock
Hound Dog
King Creole
Treat Me Nice

I love going to the Elvis Birthday Tribute with DJ and the Jordanaires and the Sweey Inspirations (http://www.elvisbirthdaytribute.com) and the Impersonator will have DJ playing Moody Blue :shock: :shock:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:47 am

I´ll be doing it in a few weeks, no rehearsals. It will be a great moment. D.J., me and a bassman.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:05 am

Very good samses. My choice would be

Baby I Don´t Care
Ready Teddy
Hound Dog
One Sided Love Affair
Wear My Ring Around Your Neck

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:30 am

DJ is great...and a very humble guy
I had the opportunity to be with him and talk for almost two hours and for sure lots of stories!!! :D
I remember a very cool moment.....as we were talking....the cd player was playing an alternate version of Loving you (fast)....when suddenly the band stopped because of his mistake (he was suppose to start the song faster).....and a guy (I don't think was Elvis) said "Late DJ".....I won't forget how surprised he got at that moment...and his face expresion.
He couldn't believe that version was realeased in that way...uncut and with his mistake...and you could see him trying to remember that moment.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:04 am

If i got to jam with DJ, I would ask him to show me how he played MY BABY LEFT ME and SHAKE, RATTLE And ROLL, 2 great rockin' tunez and some of DJ's best drumming.

of course, JAILHOUSE ROCK would be on that list, but who could not want to hear and watch DJ playing HOUND DOG :?:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:39 pm

ale wrote:DJ is great...and a very humble guy
I had the opportunity to be with him and talk for almost two hours and for sure lots of stories!!! :D
I remember a very cool moment.....as we were talking....the cd player was playing an alternate version of Loving you (fast)....when suddenly the band stopped because of his mistake (he was suppose to start the song faster).....and a guy (I don't think was Elvis) said "Late DJ".....I won't forget how surprised he got at that moment...and his face expresion.
He couldn't believe that version was realeased in that way...uncut and with his mistake...and you could see him trying to remember that moment.

What a fantastic moment!! Probably he has many and many good stories to tell about the recordings.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:44 pm

I really don´t have any idea.... If I had to choose now, it would be:

* Ready Teddy;
* Shake Rattle And Roll - Flip Flop And Fly;
* Hound Dog;
* Blue Suede Shoes (Hayride Version);
* Good Rocking Tonight.