Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Standing Room Only

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:26 am

Why don't RCA release a live compilation of the professional live tracks from TTWII and LV '72? I think since they are almost studio sound-like that it would be a good long term profit. The Live From Las Vegas cd isn't nothing compared to the August 70 shows. They could make it like the Spring Tours cd, only for the mainstream.

They could finally release the unreleased version from Febuary in LV of Proud Mary and use the movie versions of SM, YLTLF, and original master undubed versions from TTWII live tracks. I think this would be popular for the die hard concert lovers and the casual fans to hear what Elvis sounded like in his prime. Not sayin it would puut a dent in the BB without promo, but it would be anice cd for the newer fans to have.
Here's my tracklisting for a cd like this.

Elvis-Standing Room Only
1.Mystery Train/Tiger Man
2.Walk A Mile In My Shoes
3.The Next Step Is Love
4.I Just Can't Help Believin (undubbed master)
5.Patch It Up (undubbed master)
6.I've Lost You (undubbed master)
7.Just Pretend
8.Stranger In The Crowd
9.You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (movie version)
10.Polk Salad Annie
11.The Wonder Of You (unreleased in US)
12.Little Sister/Get Back
13.Bridge Over Troubled Water
14.Suspicious Minds (movie version)
15.Proud Mary (unreleased version)
16.Never Been To Spain
17.You Gave Me A Mountain
18.A Big Hunk O' Love
19.The Impossible Dream
20.An American Trilogy (rare version from AEP bs)

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:54 am

Nice idea, but I think it would sound a little weird, since Elvis' voice sounds very different between 1970 and 1972.

BTW, there is only unreleased version of Proud Mary from Feb. 1970 left in the valuts. An alternate version from the Feb. 19 dinner show was released on the Polk Salad FTD.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:01 am

Mike C wrote:Nice idea, but I think it would sound a little weird, since Elvis' voice sounds very different between 1970 and 1972.

BTW, there is only unreleased version of Proud Mary from Feb. 1970 left in the valuts. An alternate version from the Feb. 19 dinner show was released on the Polk Salad FTD.

Are you sure? Because in the book "A Life In Music" it lists Proud Mary as previously unreleased performance from Febuary '72 along with Se See Rider and a few others. That's how I know when certain songs were recorded and what year. Through that particular book. I haven't read it lately but I remember it bein listed, that's why I mentioned it.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:55 am

Lakeisha wrote:
Mike C wrote:Nice idea, but I think it would sound a little weird, since Elvis' voice sounds very different between 1970 and 1972.

Are you sure? Because in the book "A Life In Music" it lists Proud Mary as previously unreleased performance from Febuary '72 along with Se See Rider and a few others. That's how I know when certain songs were recorded and what year. Through that particular book. I haven't read it lately but I remember it bein listed, that's why I mentioned it.

I thought you meant the 1970 version of Proud Mary. You are correct, the February 1972 LV Version is unreleased.

agree

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:51 am

Lakeisha,

I think the concept of treating Elvis live legacy is a critical one and would work if properly marketed. The multi-track recordings could produce a fantastic modern live sound I am sure - but it needs committment and to be handled by the right people. It might be difficult to get optimum results by mixing years as you suggest - 72 sounds like a better recording to me, new equipment/mic techniques perhaps? But something should be done with Elvis'live material and in the mainstream market.

cheers Jamie