Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:59 pm

The long version whatever take or takes of O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL from Memories Of Christmas CD has The Mix with The choirs and Orchestra also BIGGER including bass drum at beginning sounding like Aloha 2001 intro drums. Its worth a listen. And comparison to good but inferior original master.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:03 pm

Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 pm

IMO the long version of OCAYF would have suited IF EVERY DAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS upgraded, expanded version!
To me IEDWLC is the Ultimate christmas collection, and should have stayed that way!
All the silly christma' compilations coming out every other year drowns the quality compilation like IEDWLC.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:34 am

I've been listening to Elvis Christmas songs all night (last night), and the long "Come All Ye Faithful" is superb!!!!! no matter how it was done!!!! E's other Christmas songs that I've been listening to are also just awesome!! I can't seem to stop listening! Elvis had a wonderful voice for Christmas songs and you can really HEAR his every nuance of his voice as he sings!! Just stunning!!!
sue

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:50 am

ColinB wrote:# 5:45 # Take 1 - Master - A studio jam. Eddie Hinton [or James Burton] overdubbed a guitar solo on top ...

It was a planned recording, but Elvis kept it going. Note also the lead guitar overdub is indeed Hinton, done in Nashville in July 1971.

DJC