Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

All Shook Up Pepsi?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:18 pm

If EPE wants to market Elvis why not do it the right way? Knowing that Elvis drank Pepsi, I'm surprised EPE hasn't thought of this for a Pepsi endorsement and call it "All Shook Up Pepsi" with a image of Elvis on the bottle and used All Shook Up as the theme song. They seem to wanna put his face or image on everything else. :roll: Why not something that would actually sell to non fans as well and make a serious profit?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:20 pm

What a great idea! And then Pepsi would promote Elvis The Concert in South America and Africa and they would recognize we exist!....... :D

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:24 pm

The same could be done with Gatorade! I think there is pics of Elvis drinking Gatorade! I am surprised too that the Estate hasn't done anything with the Gatorade people.

Just a thought...

TCB

Randall

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:51 pm

Yes, there are some amusing on stage references to Gatorade from our man!!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:06 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Yes, there are some amusing on stage references to Gatorade from our man!!

Reading that made me think of something. In one of the concerts I have, he says "this is gatorade, it's supposed to aid your gator."

Truly a funny moment. :lol: I wonder if there's footgae shot of him sayin that? It was said durting the TTWII filming. If there is footgae, there's a good commercial with a laugh right there. :lol:

But who are we kiddin. This is EPE we're talkin about. :cry:

All Shook Up Pepsi?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:12 pm

Interestingly enough, Gatorade is owned by Pepsico (Pepsi).
I spoke to some office reps at a local Gatorade plant about just such an idea about 2 years ago. They seemed indifferent to the idea and suggested it should go through corporate offices in Chicago.

Greybeard

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:09 am

They'd probably tell you that Elvis has a somewhat low "Q" rating,
as used in the industry.

:oops: :cry:

And that's the truth, with no thanks to EPE...

And frankly, seeing dead celebrities hawk soft drinks
post-humously is kind of creepy. :shock:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:56 am

That's because those 18-34 year olds are the only people that buy anything according to the industry.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:14 am

The man was famouse for been a singer....not helping big companys make a $$$. :roll:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Indeed, Michael Jackson had quite a fiery relationship with the company.