Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis On Stage 1969 footage

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 pm

1969 was a great year for Elvis. He looked fabulous, his voice was raw and great, and he got to return to live performances again.
However, I have never seen any footage from August 1969. No home movies, no professionally filmed footage, nothing.
And, with all the new footage being spread (EOT and TTWII), I thought; does anybody have any footage from 1969? I've heard that some is shown in "Return to splendour" - but unfortunately, I don't have that one. Does anybody know of some footage from 1969 on the net?
Any help is very appreciated :D

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Hi buddy!
well...you have increadilbe super 8mm footage on the dvd Adrenaline '71

Elvis footage 1969

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Hello

Well, there is a French guy (from Paris) who was witnessing some of the shows in Vegas in August 1969. He even met Elvis one night after a show. He showed me original photos from that meeting some years ago. Unbelievable cool!

This French guy filmed about half an hour of one of the performances as far as I could see. Unfortunately he sat way back in the showroom, resulting in a very small Elvis far away on stage. He dubbed his movie with sound from the regular RCA and some of the finer boot releases. As he took his video from his original Super8 movie, the quality is very good. One could really see Elvis and the band in the back. On copies of his material, most of the background is stark black and so the band, orchestra and backups cannot be seen except for some very short moments, where the wall behind the stage is light up in bright red.

Portions of his film, of course most in inferior quality are circulating among fans for quite some years. Elvis is wearing a black dress and he is constantly shaking and doing karate moves. It is one of the wildest live footages I have ever seen of our beloved king. By way: original footage was filmed silent with a Super8 camera. There is - until this day - not one piece of film I have ever seen from August 1969 which has original sound.

But... maybe... We'll never know...

Re: Elvis footage 1969

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:14 pm

roelvis wrote:Elvis is wearing a black dress

Woah - I gotta see this! Was it one of Pricilla's?

:lol:

Jules

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:20 pm

Elvis in a black dress - no wonder they haven't released it officially :wink:
Seriously, thanks for the reply roelvis :D
And thanks for the link ale, seems like I've got one more Christmas wish :)

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 pm

I have some footage on a dvd it runs for about an hour.It's not great quality but you can see what's going on.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:18 pm

gareth wrote:I have some footage on a dvd it runs for about an hour.It's not great quality but you can see what's going on.

So how does he look in that dress?

Jules

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:07 pm

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:His name is Jean Marc. The footage of his is not far away, and tiny. Some shows were filmed from the balcony, yet even these are good. He filmed several Elvis performances he witnessed. The most impressive of his film is the 1969 footage. It is released in in its full unedited form on the new dvd Adreneline. The footage is digitaly transfered from the original reels. I have the dvd, and can tell you the footage quality is fantastic. There is also other footage he filmed from 1971 that is on the dvd, which is the premise of the dvd itself. Well worth the money.

EPCOLLECTOR

Thanks for the info. Definately I will have to buy the new DVD Adrenaline.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:03 pm

A word of warning about the Adrenaline DVD: it's true you get about an hour's worth of nice looking material of Elvis on stage. But in addition you also have to deal with irritating background music, totally over-the-top title designs and animations, stupid DVD freezing multimedia documentaries (3 minuscule pictures on the center of your screen with background music) + totally unnecssary further "documentary" material you will not want watch more than once, if that!

If only they'd made a one-hour DVD with just the super-8 material this would have been a decent release. But the additional 1,5 hour padding material at its worst really brings the DVD down (and most likely the price up!!!)

But that's just an opinion... :?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:13 pm

Hi,

I have seen all the 1969 footage,obviously not the film that has yet to surface,but all that has including that Excellent Elvis Adrenaline 1+2.

BUT for a while i have owned some Black And White Footage that is NOT the same as on the above,i am one lucky sob,hehehe.

But the more i see this footage i realise that it's a travesty that pro footage has not surfaced yet.

Also it's also a mystery to me why Bud Glass hasnt secured that Feb 70 Pearl suit footage,it's much more close up than any of the 69 footage.

Well imagine if Bud Glass got this footage,the original reels and did his remastering stuff,it would be the best boot footage ever.

Amazing how Budd isnt making this footage a priority.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:20 pm

Oh and the Estate Hate this 8mm footage with a passion,according to them it should be destroyed,so even if they do finally get around to making a Anthology DVD expect their 1968/1973 footage to be re-packaged up and re-sold for the umpteenth time.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Oh if you want to see a short sample of 1969 footage-you can find it on the other Elvis message board.

Im not allowed to give direct link..

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:23 am

Could you PM me? :D

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:43 am

Hi EPCOLLECTOR,

Yeah theres a Interview piece in Adrenaline 2 where Jean Marc talks about his concert experiences.

I just wondered why Bud Isnt making it a top priority to secure the use + release of the best ,clearest boot film from Feb 70.

In anycase technology exists today to enhance the 1969 footage much more than what Bud Glass productions has done.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:12 am

can you PM me on where to find the elvis 69 footage?

Elvis 1969

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:36 am

Wella, wella, wella...
I am not even able to write proper English! Forgive me!
Of course, he wore a black JUMP SUIT. :lol: :lol:

And... as somebody else wrote, YES, it was Jean Marc Gargiulo who filmed these 1969 shows.

I never knew, he filmed several shows as I can clearly tell, that the footage stills I saw from the Adrenaline DVD are NOT the same angles and not filmed from the same distance as the video he showed me quite some years ago. But it's definitely good to see that he got even better material than the one I saw a long time ago. Still, back than even this half an hour of film he showed me was some of the most impressive live stuff I have ever seen.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:00 am

Yeah, if anybody has some footage available online, or have a link, please PM me..

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:02 pm

Gerry, you can't give a link to the footage file, but you can give a link in here to the page that contains the link to the footage file.

Re: Elvis 1969

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:01 pm

roelvis wrote:Wella, wella, wella...

But did he wear it over or under the dress?

Jules

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:42 pm

familyjules wrote:

Jules

You are a bad guy :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Renan wrote:
familyjules wrote:

Jules

You are a bad guy :lol: :lol:

Hey, I just want to know the facts about Elvis's cross-dressing phase is all!

Jules

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:49 pm

This dress was given to Elvis by Nancy Sinatra who was also attending the concert.

Similar to what she wore in the Sppedway movie. That white one. :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:59 pm

Renan wrote:This dress was given to Elvis by Nancy Sinatra who was also attending the concert.

Similar to what she wore in the Speedway movie. That white one. :lol:

I hope she wore matching panties.

Jules