Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I'll take my Elvis with Decaf.............give me a break

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:59 am

From the makers of the Elvis duck proudly present the Elvis Coffee, Just what the world needed. What kind of idiots have they got in charge down there. What next Burning love cigarettes, Barefootballad beer, Spinout toilet paper of perhaps, Slowly but surely condoms, Queenie Wahine Cola, or worse Old Macdonald beef stew.

I'm glad the top priority for EPE is keeping Elvis' image last.

So give me just give me Santa baby coffee with Milkcowblues half & half creamer and a packet of Cottoncandyland sugar.

How convinient because like everything else you have to order it, and order it online and it's a limited edition. :evil:

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:31 am

Well said!! I heard it tonight on CNN Headline News, with the reference to "butter sandwiches" to go with the "Joe"....such BS....

Re: I'll take my Elvis with Decaf.............give me a brea

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:43 am

Kingtiger0321 wrote:What next Burning love cigarettes, Barefootballad beer, Spinout toilet paper of perhaps, Slowly but surely condoms, Queenie Wahine Cola, or worse Old Macdonald beef stew.


Shhhhh, be quiet. You'll give those morons at EPE some new ideas to market Elvis.

Poor Elvis is turning in his grave more and more. :cry:

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:45 am

I don't think Elvis would be at all bothered. Elvis merchandising was in place from 1956 onwards. This isn't something new to get in a sweat about.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:57 am

the lipsticks, teddy bears, lunch boxes, etc... were all around during elvis' lifetime.

as i've said before, colonel parker's legacy is outlasting elvis' with epe.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:02 am

TJ wrote:I don't think Elvis would be at all bothered. Elvis merchandising was in place from 1956 onwards. This isn't something new to get in a sweat about.


You wanna know why so many people hate Elvis? It's things like this. When EPE is always shoving anything everything Elvis down the public's throat. That's why so many are sick of seein and hearin about Elvis. :cry:

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:30 am

You wanna know why so many people hate Elvis? It's things like this. When EPE is always shoving anything everything Elvis down the public's throat. That's why so many are sick of seein and hearin about Elvis. :cry:[/quote]

Lakeisha,

Do many people hate Elvis? Where are they, this is new to me. I agree that some of the stuff put out by EPE is really bad, but come on - many people hating Elvis and because of that???

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:37 am

samses wrote:You wanna know why so many people hate Elvis? It's things like this. When EPE is always shoving anything everything Elvis down the public's throat. That's why so many are sick of seein and hearin about Elvis. :cry:


Lakeisha,

Do many people hate Elvis? Where are they, this is new to me. I agree that some of the stuff put out by EPE is really bad, but come on - many people hating Elvis and because of that???[/quote]

Here in America, where EPE is located, yes some people do hate Elvis. More than you may think. He gets very little love in this country because people are tired of hearing about Elvis ducks, or anything else that they try to sell with Elvis' image.

EPE has made Elvis' memory and image a total joke. :x

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:37 am

When I visit a supermarket I see Paul Newman's visage on his named products.

It has done him no harm at all.

I would be more than happy to see Elvis Presley product.


It's good on-going publicity - isn't that what you claim to want?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:48 am

Lakeisha wrote:
Here in America, where EPE is located, yes some people do hate Elvis. More than you may think. He gets very little love in this country because people are tired of hearing about Elvis ducks, or anything else that they try to sell with Elvis' image.

EPE has made Elvis' memory and image a total joke. :x


I'd guess that if you went out onto the street and took a poll of 100 non Elvis fans, none would have even heard of the duck.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:00 am

Lakeisha has a point, but I do not know if it is because of the ducks. But with Elvis I have not seen much middle ground. Mostly like or dislike. And the wacky fans and impersonators only make it worse.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:31 am

KiwiAlan wrote:When I visit a supermarket I see Paul Newman's visage on his named products.


He's even at McDonalds now if you order one of their salads! They use Paul Newman dressing with his picture on it. Good salads, and good actor! :)

If people in America hate Elvis(and I'm sure there are some) that's their 'effin problem.

JEFF
Elvis fan

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:38 am

Actually, since I am a coffee geek, I think this is pretty cool. I just have to get myself some Blue Christmas coffee in time for Christmas. Bring it on!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: I'll take my Elvis with Decaf.............give me a brea

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:50 pm

Kingtiger0321 wrote:Slowly but surely condoms


Please don´t let EPE read this!!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:36 pm

I'm not saying that I'm going to buy any because at $7.50 for an 8 ounce bag it's very pricey. But as a coffee drinker at least I'm tempted by this.
Whereas EPE's other trinkets leave me cold. I believe Elvis usually had a pot of coffee with his breakfast.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:07 pm

While I don't like a lot of the product EPE endorses, to say that a lot of people hate Elvis, isn't true. Given his worldwide recognition, there will always be people who don't like him, that applies to other people. C'mon, he's either 1 or 2 in every poll, he's been the leading money earner for dead celebrities since it's inception, his records still sell, Graceland is going incredibly well and the Aloha and 68 special did excellent last year. Christ, what more can a man do, especially one who's been dead for 28 years! Because he gets a lot of shots taken at him by the media, doesn't mean he's hated.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:22 pm

Lakeisha,

I don't live in the USA, but I have friends there, I have business connections there and I have been there a few times (in Memphis a few weeks ago). I have never heard anything like people hating Elvis. On the contrary, I think EPs image has improved for the latest ten or so years, but not because of EPE. Elvis is still in media, he sells records and he is frequently referred to in music and in movies. I'd say he's the greatest American folk hero ever and I think most Amercans are very proud that EP was American.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Once again I´m glad I´m only in it for the music...Coffee, ducks... never.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 pm

According to Lakeisha, many American hate Elvis. I don't think so. I would think that most American are real proud of Elvis. If not, no sweat as we Asian LOVES Elvis. ELVIS Presley is much loved and respected in Singapore. Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan and so on and on...





Long Live The King of The Whole Wide World!!!

Re: I'll take my Elvis with Decaf.............give me a brea

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:58 pm

Renan wrote:
Kingtiger0321 wrote:Slowly but surely condoms


Please don´t let EPE read this!!


Renan, I thought the same thing with the whole list! You're giving them ideas!

But seriously, shouldn't it be called, "Love Me Tender Condoms"?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:06 pm

Kingtiger0321 wrote
Spinout toilet paper


Spinout toilet paper? Harum Scarum or Clambake would be more suited.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:48 am

Sorry didn't meant to give Ideas to EPE :oops:

As for people hating Elvis, sadly it is true. If I even say the that I listen to Elvis or have Elvis playing on my radio at work, I get a lot grief about it. I don't say one word about there music, but let me put on an Elvis song and it's all over but the crying.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:09 am

The problem with EPE is they promote this extracurricular crap at the expense of Elvis' music! The latest EPE catalog has exactly ONE page advertising any music & that page is at least halfway into the catalog.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:27 am

Kingtiger0321 wrote:Sorry didn't meant to give Ideas to EPE :oops:

As for people hating Elvis, sadly it is true. If I even say the that I listen to Elvis or have Elvis playing on my radio at work, I get a lot grief about it. I don't say one word about there music, but let me put on an Elvis song and it's all over but the crying.


Hating Elvis and not liking his music are two different things. Myself, if somebody starts hammering on EP, they get it right back.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:30 am

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219028#219028


Unfortunatly it's not just his music they do not like. They have on more than one occasion said I HATE ELVIS. To bad they don't know what they are missing as far as his music goes.