Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Memories on dvd???

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:12 pm

hi friends...I wonder if this documentary hosted by George Klein exists on dvd??
thanks for your help!!! :D
Ale

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:58 pm

I don't know!!!

8)

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 am

I recall hearing that it is going to be released shortly, possibly with some extras.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:32 am

Its on laserdisc.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:31 am

laserdisc?....sure??

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:54 am

Image.....Image

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:31 am

I can recall buying this video tape in Sydney, in the early eighties! I still have it, in mint condition! It has to be in the top ten best Elvis videos of all time! That concert footage @ karate demonstration, from Aug/ Sept. '74 Vegas season was, and is, awesome!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:45 am

Yeah, that is a good documentary - just too bad it doesn't include more songs sung by Elvis. I'd love to see more of that amateur footage - some of it is actually quite good quality.
About that karate demonstration footage - I wonder if that's filmed during one of the concerts that are available on CD, as we have quite a lot of (bootleg) CDs from the Aug/Sep '74 Vegas season.
Must be filmed from the opening bars of "If you talk in your sleep" I think.
Another VHS that's ready for a DVD update is the "Graceland" video, also released about the same time. There are still some of us who have never had the chance to go to Graceland, and an updated version of the Graceland video would've been nice. Not the early 80s version, but a new, recently filmed version. And this time, please include all the rooms, and how about adding a special feature that allows us to browse through all the jumpsuits that are being stored at Graceland (or other EPE owned places)? And also including other "special sections" with still pictures or film of things in the "Elvis archives" - like his personal record collection, etc. Could make a very interesting DVD project... :D

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:45 pm

I too have the old VHS, but if anyone out there is able to help Ale and I with a DVD of this great show, PM me! It would be very much appreciated!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:22 pm

yeah as Darrylmac said...if someone is considering to transfer it to dvd PM us!!! :D ...we are wanting a copy for a long time :lol:
By the way I didn't know it was on laser disc.....maybe the trasnfer is easier??
JLGB is the one of the picture yours??
thanks, Ale

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:31 pm

Yes.