Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS´56 tracklist CD

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:03 am

Here is the preview of my own ELVIS´56. This is my way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the most important musical revolution (whatever may say Jules :twisted: ). I´d like to do a 16 studio tracks CDs so my question is : which songs would you use to do the most entertaining but also coherent record?

Elvis 56

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:25 pm

... Jeanno, if you want them geezers to respond you have to change it into a 70s topic, you should know that by now! Guaranteed you get some really cool threads from Koala Junior and Barbie Babe. They are fun!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:31 pm

jeanno -

His studio output in '56 was so prolific, and so good, it will be a major problem whittling things down to just 16 songs !

Better make it a box set !

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:16 pm

If it has to be 16, I'd go for these...

1. Heartbreak Hotel

2. Money Honey

3. I Was the One

4. I Got a Woman

5. Blue Suede Shoes

6. My Baby Left Me

7. Playing for Keeps

8. One-Sided Love Affair

9. So Glad You're Mine

10. Lawdy Miss Clawdy

11. Shake Rattle and Roll

12. Hound Dog

13. Don't Be Cruel

14. Any Way You Want Me

15. Too Much

16. Love Me

Ger, some of us love the 50s :)

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Ger Rijff
:lol:

ColinB
We already have a great 50´s boxset pretty well done. I´m looking for a single CD to introduce EP to friends of mine. And I wanted to start with 1956.

TJ
Here´s a great tracklist. What about this one :

SIDE A 8)
Blue suede shoes
I got a woman
Heartreak hotel
I was the one
My baby left me
Lawdy miss clawdy
Love me
Too much

SIDE B :wink:
Hound dog
Don´t be cruel
I´m countin´ on you
Rip it up
One-sided love affair
Long tall sally
Anyway you want me
I want you, I need you, I love you

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:49 pm

A '56 CD without ANYPLACE IS PARADISE ?????? You can't be serious ! I just know you are both kidding !

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Memphisflash
:oops: Ooops!... Mmm... Yeah... We were kidding, sure of that... :roll: What about removing TOO MUCH and placing there ANYPLACE IS PARADISE?

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:54 pm

NO...an update off the 50"s box set is more than welcome,with better masters etc. :P

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:57 pm

jeanno wrote:Memphisflash
:oops: Ooops!... Mmm... Yeah... We were kidding, sure of that... :roll: What about removing TOO MUCH and placing there ANYPLACE IS PARADISE?

Better, MUCH better ...

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:36 pm

jeanno wrote:Ger Rijff
:lol:

ColinB
We already have a great 50´s boxset pretty well done. I´m looking for a single CD to introduce EP to friends of mine. And I wanted to start with 1956.

TJ
Here´s a great tracklist. What about this one :

SIDE A 8)
Blue suede shoes
I got a woman
Heartreak hotel
I was the one
My baby left me
Lawdy miss clawdy
Love me
Too much

SIDE B :wink:
Hound dog
Don´t be cruel
I´m countin´ on you
Rip it up
One-sided love affair
Long tall sally
Anyway you want me
I want you, I need you, I love you

I'd lose I Want You, I Need You, I Love You. Put Shake Rattle and Roll in its place (the take with the extra verse and piano) :) Memphis, I prefer Too Much to Anyplace is Paradise :wink:

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:21 pm

TJ
That would be a nice way to do a rockin´ end, just to finish the same way it had begun! 8)
The list would become :

Blue Suede shoes
I got a woman
heartbreak hotel
i was the one
my baby left me
lawdy miss clawdy
love me
anyplace is paradise
too much
hound dog
don´t be cruel
i´m countin´ on you
rip it up
one sided love aFFAIR
long tall sally
anyway you want me
i want you, i need you i love you
shake rattle and roll

Ok, this is 18 tracks CD instead of 16, BUT WHAT A GREAT ALBUM!!!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:49 pm

I'm not sure what the significance is of only using 16 tracks but if
that's what your looking for then I'd go with something along the lines of:

I Got A Woman
Heartbreak Hotel
Money Honey
I Was The One
My Baby Left Me
I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Cry
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Shake Rattle & Roll (alternate take 2)

I Want You I Need You I Love You
Hound Dog
Don't Be Cruel
Any Way You Want Me
Love Me
Paralized
When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
Anyplace Is Paradise

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:17 pm

elvis-fan wrote:I'm not sure what the significance is of only using 16 tracks but if

I Got A Woman
Heartbreak Hotel
Money Honey
I Was The One
My Baby Left Me
Lawdy Miss Clawdy

Hound Dog
Don't Be Cruel
Any Way You Want Me
Love Me
Paralized
Anyplace Is Paradise

Surely there must be a law that prohibits leaving out One Sided Love Affair?? :lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:21 pm

That´s a very interesting track list, ELVIS FAN. :idea: You made it chronological!
There is actually too much good material from that year!

As i said, this is a CD for newbies and I prefer to do a short CD with the very best of the 56 sessions. This is a first contact and I don´t want to make it too long. I don´t know if you understand what I mean because I neither do. :oops: :D

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:22 pm

TJ wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I'm not sure what the significance is of only using 16 tracks but if

I Got A Woman
Heartbreak Hotel
Money Honey
I Was The One
My Baby Left Me
Lawdy Miss Clawdy

Hound Dog
Don't Be Cruel
Any Way You Want Me
Love Me
Paralized
Anyplace Is Paradise

Surely there must be a law that prohibits leaving out One Sided Love Affair?? :lol:

The solution is: include more five songs in the album!!! :shock:

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:22 pm

TJ
Surely there must be a law that prohibits leaving out One Sided Love Affair??

SURELY!!! :D

Marc Aurelio
The only solution is to go back to a box set project! EVERYTHING from 1956, including studio sessions, TV shows, jam/home recordings and alternate takes.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:27 pm

jeanno wrote:TJ
Surely there must be a law that prohibits leaving out One Sided Love Affair??

SURELY!!! :D

Marc Aurelio
The only solution is to go back to a box set project! EVERYTHING from 1956, including studio sessions, TV shows, jam/home recordings and alternate takes.

:lol: :lol: It´s the best thing to do in this case!!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:32 pm

Many moons ago the UK branch of RCA released two LP's called "The '56 Sessions" vol 1 & vol 2.
Those two albums included all the 56 sessions, including Love Me Tender sessions.
Skip the latter, and make a double CD set with the studio recordings in chronologic order and add the best outtakes and include some unreleased ones!
A mainstream FTD-SE release so to speak! Include original artwork of singles, EP's and album covers of '56 in the booklet!
And of course the story of Elvis' chart actions and record sales of that year!
Make it even better than the single CD ELVIS '56 which is good, but not complete!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:38 pm

Bajo
2 Cds for recording sessions + outtakes
1 CD for the "Million $ Quartet" jam session
1 Maxi single CD for LOVE ME TENDER 4 tracks
1 DVD with EP´s best TV performances from 1956
1 48 pages booklet with pics, chart placing, original covers...

Here you have it : "1956 ANTHOLOGY"

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:21 pm

I still don't see why it's necessary to start yet another "new" album.

"Elvis Presley" and "Elvis" are fine in their own right,

and if
need be, the "Elvis '56" single compilation (first issued in '96
and then '02) fit the bill.
The first two albums were upgraded this
year by Kevan Budd with little fanfare (or promotion) but were
a delight. If either needs further upgrades or newer bells and whistles,
why clutter things with another repackaging?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

How many "new" albums do we need?
Any "new" outtakes ( :!: ) should land as bonuses on these two
classic albums.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:15 am

Last I checked we already have an "Elvis '56" CD, and it is awesome!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

The Complete 50's Singles

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:35 am

bajo wrote:Many moons ago the UK branch of RCA released two LP's called "The '56 Sessions" vol 1 & vol 2.
Those two albums included all the 56 sessions, including Love Me Tender sessions.
Skip the latter, and make a double CD set with the studio recordings in chronologic order and add the best outtakes and include some unreleased ones!
A mainstream FTD-SE release so to speak! Include original artwork of singles, EP's and album covers of '56 in the booklet!
Make it even better than the single CD ELVIS '56 which is good, but not complete!

Actually speaking of the 50's there's one option that BMG has never explored, and that is compiling all of the original singles released in the 1950's into one comprehensive double disc package using the latest tapes and DSD transfers whenever possible (this would kind of be a companion piece to the "Complete 50's Masters" box set):

"Elvis Presley - The Complete 50's Singles"

Disc 1: (28 tracks)
My Happiness - That's When Your Heartaches Begin - I'll Never Stand In Your Way - It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You - That's All Right - Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Good Rockin' Tonight - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Milkcow Blues Boogie - You're A Heartbreaker - Baby, Let's Play House - I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone - I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Mystery Train - Heartbreak Hotel - I Was The One - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - My Baby Left Me - Don't Be Cruel - Hound Dog - Blue Suede Shoes - Tutti Frutti - I Got A Woman - I'm Counting On You - I'll Never Let You Go - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry - I Love You Because - Tryin' To Get To You

Disc 2: (28 tracks)
Just Because - Blue Moon - Money Honey - One Sided Love Affair - Shake Rattle And Roll - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Love Me Tender - Anyway You Want Me - Too Much - Playing For Keeps - All Shook Up - That's When Your Heartaches Begin - Teddy Bear - Loving You - Jailhouse Rock - Treat Me Nice - Don't - I Beg Of You - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Doncha' Think It's Time - Hard Headed Woman - Don't Ask Me Why - One Night - I Got Stung - A Fool Such As I - I Need Your Love Tonight - A Big Hunk O' Love - My Wish Came True

I personally think this would be a *killer* release as most of these tracks have already been carefully restored by the likes of Kevan Budd and releasing them in this format would give them a wider exposure and such a collection might also appeal to the general public for whom a box set might be too big an investment. Ernst?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:59 am

jeanno & thenexte!
Good ideas both of you!

Re: The Complete 50's Singles

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:16 am

thenexte wrote:
bajo wrote:Many moons ago the UK branch of RCA released two LP's called "The '56 Sessions" vol 1 & vol 2.

Actually speaking of the 50's there's one option that BMG has never explored, and that is compiling all of the original singles released in the 1950's into one comprehensive double disc package using the latest tapes and DSD transfers whenever possible (this would kind of be a companion piece to the "Complete 50's Masters" box set):

My Happiness - That's When Your Heartaches Begin - I'll Never Stand In Your Way - It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You - That's All Right - Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Good Rockin' Tonight - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Milkcow Blues Boogie - You're A Heartbreaker - Baby, Let's Play House - I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone - I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Mystery Train - Heartbreak Hotel - I Was The One - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - My Baby Left Me - Don't Be Cruel - Hound Dog - Blue Suede Shoes - Tutti Frutti - I Got A Woman - I'm Counting On You - I'll Never Let You Go - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry - I Love You Because - Tryin' To Get To You

Just Because - Blue Moon - Money Honey - One Sided Love Affair - Shake Rattle And Roll - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Love Me Tender - Anyway You Want Me - Too Much - Playing For Keeps - All Shook Up - That's When Your Heartaches Begin - Teddy Bear - Loving You - Jailhouse Rock - Treat Me Nice - Don't - I Beg Of You - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Doncha' Think It's Time - Hard Headed Woman - Don't Ask Me Why - One Night - I Got Stung - A Fool Such As I - I Need Your Love Tonight - A Big Hunk O' Love - My Wish Came True

I personally think this would be a *killer* release as most of these tracks have already been carefully restored by the likes of Kevan Budd and releasing them in this format would give them a wider exposure and such a collection might also appeal to the general public for whom a box set might be too big an investment. Ernst?

Did you notice your total number of tracks is 56??? Was that intentional?

Re: The Complete 50's Singles

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:05 am

thenexte wrote:

Now that would be an incredibly awesome set and one that I would buy in a heartbeat...

In fact, I think I'm gonna burn myself a copy of that tracklisting right now :!: :!: :!: :wink: