Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

EOT Analysis...Help w/Jumpsuite Names

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:52 am

I'm doing an analysis of the EOT material that is currently out there (Audio and Video) and would like some help.

I'm looking for the 'official' names for the jumpsuites that Elvis wore for he following performances:

April 9, 1972/Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton Roads, Virginia (Lt Blue Nail Suite?)

April 10, 1972/Richmond Coliseum, Richmond, Virginia (Red Burning Love Suite?)

April 14, 1972/Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina (Dark Blue Suite)

April 18, 1972/Convention Center Arena, San Antonio, Texas (White Lion Suite?)

Once complete I paln to post here...

Any help would be great!!!

bpd

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:08 pm

Hampton Roads - Blue Nail suit
Richmond - Burning love suit
Greensboro - Owl suit
San Antonio - Red lion suit

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:11 pm

i thought that the burning love and red lion suit were the red matador and the white matador, named after the black matador

Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:43 am

The red suit used in Richmond was probably named the Red Burning Love Suit because it was on the cover of the album Burning Love And Hits From His Movies, wasn´t it...?

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:47 am

MB280E wrote:The red suit used in Richmond was probably named the Red Burning Love Suit because it was on the cover of the album Burning Love And Hits From His Movies, wasn´t it...?

Sincerely MB280E
Not the album. The single.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:01 am

Thanks all!!!

I'll let you know when I'm done.

bpd

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:38 pm

April 9....2:30 pm: Hampton, Virginia..........Red Matador - Gold Attendance Belt - White Lined Cape.
April 9....8:30 pm: Hampton, Virginia..........Blue Nail - White Fireworks Belt - White Lined Cape.
April 14..8:30 pm: Greensboro, Virginia.....Royal Blue Fireworks - Original Belt - Silver Lined Cape.
April 18..8:30 pm: San Antonio, Texas.......White Matador - Lion Head Belt - Red Lined Cape.

If you want to know more I have the complete tour lists.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:03 pm

i knew it was the red matador!

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:24 pm

These suits don't have "official" names so several suit have several names. The red matador and the Burning love is actually the same suit. I used the names used in Skar's book the Concert years.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:01 pm

Erik Scar's book is full of mistakes. Not only with jumpsuits and jumpsuit names but also with pictures and dates. All suits have names, mostly given because of their patterns and style. The "Red Matador" is one out of three. It was made in 1971, delivered to Elvis in January 1972 and used during the January/February engagement in Vegas, the April tour and one time in November. In August the single "Burning Love" was released while the suit was already three quarter of a year old. "Burning Love Suit" is a typical fan given name that makes no sense.

The original name of the "Owl Suit" is "Royal Blue Fireworks". The owl 1s only on the buckle of the belt and nowhere to be found on the suit.

The "Red Lion" doesn't exist. The lion is only on the belt and it's a gold lion on a red inlay. This suit is the "White Matador".
I could go on for hours but it would take up a lot of space.
For those who are interested I have a list with names (disigner names, nick names and fan given names)

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:40 pm

For those who are interested I have a list with names (disigner names, nick names and fan given names)

Leroy, I would greatly appreciate seeing your list, either here in this post or via PM.....I'm a self-confessed 'jumpsuit junkie' from way back :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:00 pm

I would love the list.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:11 pm

Me too. Post it on this MB, please! Or better yet, write a book! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:49 am

Send me a PM with your private email adress and I will send the lists. It's impossible to post the list here because I made it on spreadsheet.