Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

This Is Elvis DVD

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:21 am

Since Elvis On Tour outtakes were brought to the light of day, this subject has been idle awhile. Anything new out there that anyone knows about?

Is it just that it is basically out of date and needs to be extremely revamped for a special DVD release?

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:26 am

I read the producers had many hours of outtake footage of Elvis to finally edit down the movie.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:51 am

I don't know if he has mentioned anything about this movie, but maybe Tom In NC can shed sum light, if and when, this film could see the light of day on DVD... :?: :wink:

I agree, the performance clips of EP featured in THIS IS ELVIS were fabulous and need to be released on DVD...

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:37 pm

Tom??????? Any clues???

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:30 pm

This is Elvis was on the schedule to be released last year, but was pulled at the last minute. Now, I've heard that TIE should see the light of day in the next few months, but it may be the 144 minute version that was heavily edited for broadcast on NBC. I have heard no word about Andrew being granted access to any extra footage, but that could always change if they do decide to produce a "special edition". That being said, there is a rumor going around that an SE of TIE is in the works with Jerry Schilling producing. That is only a rumor and nothing official has been announced. More info when I have it.

Tom

P.S. The rumor of an SE of On Tour is also circulating again.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:10 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:This is Elvis was on the schedule to be released last year, but was pulled at the last minute. Now, I've heard that TIE should see the light of day in the next few months, but it may be the 144 minute version that was heavily edited for broadcast on NBC. I have heard no word about Andrew being granted access to any extra footage, but that could always change if they do decide to produce a "special edition". That being said, there is a rumor going around that an SE of TIE is in the works with Jerry Schilling producing. That is only a rumor and nothing official has been announced. More info when I have it.

Tom

That would be great. At least they have just released John Lennon: Imagine SE (25th anniversary edition) on dvd which was done by Andrew too. Hope we see TIE SE too. Isn't 2006 the films 25th anniversary?

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:32 pm

Marko wrote:Isn't 2006 the films 25th anniversary?

:wink:

Tom

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Let an Elvis fan decide the content perhaps even edit the film,even design the cover art,this is the way to go,non fans have ZERO idea.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:25 pm

GERRY wrote:Let an Elvis fan decide the content perhaps even edit the film,even design the cover art,this is the way to go,non fans have ZERO idea.

If the rumors are true, I would trust Jerry to do an outstanding job.

Tom

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:18 am

Milk every single release to it's fullest extent possible-at this rate we should get the Anthology by 2010.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 am

Hey Tom
My brother had lunch with Andrew Solt a week ago. He said the mountain of footage David Wolper and he went through was unimaginable. He also told my brother he has 3 differnt cuts of the film. 2 That have never seen the liught of day. So does this mean there are 4 versions? 1 for TV, 1 Theatrical, 1 144 minute version, and 1 not seen???

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:50 am

Jerry Schilling said in an interview in the UK mag,Elvis-the man and his music...that if he was asked to go back and help out on a SE version,he would put in film that was not in the film as extras....in the end time will tell.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:03 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:This is Elvis was on the schedule to be released last year, but was pulled at the last minute. Now, I've heard that TIE should see the light of day in the next few months, but it may be the 144 minute version that was heavily edited for broadcast on NBC. I have heard no word about Andrew being granted access to any extra footage, but that could always change if they do decide to produce a "special edition". That being said, there is a rumor going around that an SE of TIE is in the works with Jerry Schilling producing. That is only a rumor and nothing official has been announced. More info when I have it.

Tom

Tom, why would the co. decide to release a DVD of This Is ELVIS be4 a DVD release of Elvis On Tour... :?:

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:14 pm

minkahed wrote:Tom, why would the co. decide to release a DVD of This Is ELVIS be4 a DVD release of Elvis On Tour... :?:

Mink,
I gave up trying to figure out why the studios do anything years ago. My guess would be that the feeling is that TIE would appeal to more "non-Elvis" fans because it covers his entire life and times. As none of this has been confirmed, who knows what will happen.

Tom

P.S.

JonRomanovich wrote:Hey Tom
He also told my brother he has 3 differnt cuts of the film. 2 That have never seen the liught of day. So does this mean there are 4 versions? 1 for TV, 1 Theatrical, 1 144 minute version, and 1 not seen???

It was my understanding that the longer version was intended to be the TV version as it was heavily edited for content. It was NBC's original plan to show the movie over 2 nights or one night from 7-11pm. Well, Warner then took that version (added more footage) and rushed it out on video to capitalize on the publicity, much to the irritation of every Elvis fan in the world.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:10 pm

All that footage and not one second of 1969 live,no jan/feb 70 footage,infact all we got was edited aug 70 Suspicious Minds from ttwii ,if such footage existed within this mountain of film then he sucks even more than i suspected.

Wonder if when doing this film they mislaid the ttwii footage?

Forget all this **** and do the 8 dvd Anthology allready.