Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 pm

carolynlm wrote:Sam Phillips is quoted as saying he was looking for someone, and along came Elvis.....that 'someone' could have turned out to be Jerry Lee or Carl Perkins....

Lee and Perkins only went to SUN records because they heard EP on the radio.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:06 pm

iamhekev wrote:
carolynlm wrote:Sam Phillips is quoted as saying he was looking for someone, and along came Elvis.....that 'someone' could have turned out to be Jerry Lee or Carl Perkins....

Lee and Perkins only went to SUN records because they heard EP on the radio.

KEV, you're right !

A more likely contender would have been Charlie Feathers !

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Charlie Feathers !

What a lying %$*& head that man was...i spoke to him a few times,and asked him about the story he told about EP"s mam was a black woman from the cotton fields,and Glads was used to hide that "fact",he looked at me and said,you calling me a lier?...i said WARREN SMITH RULES and walked off.

Strange man Colin.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:16 pm

I say that if Elvis hadn't existed then it would have been neccessary to invent him!

:lol:

Jules

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:27 pm

if elvis didn't exist, i'd hate music, and probably be twice as interested in my btvs/ats hobby because i wouldn't spend half my time listening to elvis music and posting here. :lol: and my favorite shows would have 4 lines of dialog missing.

and oh yeah, the whole part about rock 'n roll period being a passing phase. i'd suspect jerry lee, roy orbison etc...would have been a little more country perhaps. and there'd even be less integration even that way. white rock 'n roll would be heavily more country.

i'd probably have less of an insomnia problem and i'd do less half-assed homework. :oops:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:39 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:if elvis didn't exist, i'd hate music

You'd hate music?!?!

You are a funny one, I swear to God. I mean, I know music would be the poorer for Elvis's absence, but some of that other stuff is pretty neat too, you know.

Ah well....

Jules

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:04 pm

If Elvis had never existed:

Ebay would be a heck of a lot smaller :lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Guys, can you imagine how incredibly huge Kate Bush would be if Maurice was doing for her what he does for Elvis???

Tom

Who am I kidding, she is huge...................................................................................................................................................about 220 lbs I'd say.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 am

correction--i'd hate 20th century music...you know, stuff that came after elvis...wait, no...i think i already hate most of that. the stuff that came before elvis--i can't see myself as a bing crosby fan no matter how odd that image would be to conjure. let's just say i'd be listening to more mozart perhaps. that would be a figurehead of my next favorite genre.

yeah, honestly, i see myself watching more movies and tv, rather than listening to music.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:09 am

If Elvis had never existed then neither would I have!!! :wink:

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:24 am

Does your Mama have a secret she'd like to share with us, Sam?

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:43 am

EagleUSA wrote:Does your Mama have a secret she'd like to share with us, Sam?

No!!! I just wouldn't have chosen to come along untill there was an Elvis!!!

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:20 am

if JOHN LENNONS theory of "before elvis there was nothing" is true then we wouldn't exist and the universe would be nothing but dark nothingness for which we wouldn't have any concience as to our existance,but then we'll never know...

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:53 am

Now now Sam...yer mam and the EP man = scottish. :wink: :P

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:24 am

His "BEST" find was HOWLIN" WOLF...HE WAS THE GREATEST DISCOVERY I EVER HAD.

SAM PHILIPS...2001