Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Impersonator article:More proof of their idiocy

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:40 am

Will these deluded "fans" and their equally-deluded fans never go away?

Homage :?: :!:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... 1110c.html
(Excerpt)

It's good to be the King
By ROBERT DOMINGUEZ, (New York) Daily News

When Elvis Presley died in 1977, the rock 'n' roll idol's legacy didn't end with 120 million albums sold, 100 Top 40 hits, a closetful of funky white jumpsuits and one future pop-star daughter.

Presley's untimely death, at 42, also spawned a pop-culture phenomenon even more bizarre than a fried peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich.

More than 30,000 Elvis impersonators are trying to fill The King's blue suede shoes, and dozens of them — from every corner of the globe — are the subject of a whimsical new book of photographs by Patty Carroll....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... 1110c.html
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:43 am

For me impersonators don´t add anything positive to Elvis image

Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:50 am

i have only been to see one impersonator & that was memories theature in pigeon forge tenn that has already been mentioned on the board. yes its good show & done with respect but the fact remains it dont come any were near elvis & i never even saw elvis in concert, but can tell just by hearing him on cd that theres no duplicating elvis. an impersonator find thereself trying not to be elvis while at same time trying to perform like elvis(well some even try to act like elvis) the problem is you cant duplicate elvis personality and most dont try, which is a good thing. :wink:

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:45 am

if they call them selves tribute artists with the way they do their shows (the hip wiggle, mumbling, thangyaverymuch with wig and jumpsuit, glasses, fat and a curled lip), they are bullshitting themselves

i ahve probabaly posted in every impersonator thread on this board, but i'm so sick of them. i really like ones like Max Pellicano (which i'm going to see), who respect Elvis and try not to make a mockery out of him, doing it as best as they can.

but i ahve NO time whatsoever for the creeps who do what is described above :evil:

here is how its supposed to be done....
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=6028

good time charlies got the blues, also indescribably blue if u can open it. also check out tcb tigermans song snippet, hes really good! , i'm elvisdownunder on that site

BTW, i did you've lost that lovin feelin at a seniors concert today. i wanted to do like he does in TTWII and all the other footage, how he has his back turned to the audience in the dark. well i had the microphone and i was at the back of the curtain. everybody clapped, the music came on, and i'm sure everybody was thinking 'where is he, the musics starting'. and then i started singing 'you neevr close your eyes', and they could hear me, but could'nt see me. then as i kicked in to the chorus, i twirled around and started singing the chorus. it was pretty cool. i think if E done that in his concerts, it would've added a sense of suprise in his concerts.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:36 am

Ejr...don"t hold anything back now!?. :P

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:52 pm

sure don't Kev 8)

i have not heard much of you lately, u too busy eating sweeties in the cave with your dragon :arrow:

hope to hear from you soon

Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:46 pm

Elvis Jr., I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you somehow
"honor" Elvis in your "tribute" (read: Impersonation) but really, don't you
see how all faux-Elvi all think that?

The sum total is a bum deal for the Elvis legacy.

99% of impersonators (which is to say all, in the minds' eye)
reinforce the notion that Elvis was some kind of kitschy joke easily
replicated.

After those senior citizens die off, I wonder how many new fans will
find their way to his music.

They'll have to step over and around all the cultural dreck.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:46 pm

whats pathetic is that so called fans just add to myth that elvis talked out of the side of his mouth. with all that thanks ya thank ya very much. i have never heard elvis say thank you very much in the way that i have heard so many people say.i think some think he was a dumb country hick who wasnt very bright. most people expecially non elvis fans dont get what elvis was all about. they cant get past the jokes and the personal problems but at same time will praise singers who r rude & dont care about anything or anyone around them. by the way has anyone ever saw the impersonators who wear sunglass on stage,i never knew he wore them on stage during concerts :roll:

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:08 pm

elvis_mania54545 wrote:by the way has anyone ever saw the impersonators who wear sunglass on stage,i never knew he wore them on stage during concerts :roll:

check October 6, 1974 (8:30 pm) Dayton, OH. pictures.
Chinese Dragon suit.
He enters the stage wearing sunglasses. Reason unknown.
Took them off.
So no need to tell the impersonators!
Most of them are too much love with their plastic sunglasses anyway.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 pm

yea i know he did that but it wasnt what he normally did. chances r they never saw the photo they just figured since he was seen wearing sunglasses that he must perform on stage with them. i dont think many of them even know alot about elvis they just think they do. :roll:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 am

Gregory Nolan Jnr. have u even tried the link?

if you can't open it by clicking, right click and save target as.