Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Dempseys in "Walk The Line"

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:38 pm

Just finished putting up this page and thought you might get a kick out of it. We didn't have anything to do with this film and am not sure of its accuracy but it sure looks good. Can't wait to see it.

http://scottymoore.net/walktheline.html

Jim

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:44 pm

Wrong section. :roll:

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:52 pm

Lakeisha wrote:Wrong section. :roll:

OOPS!
Oh well, its slightly Elvis related.
Sorry, can a moderator move it if need be?

Thanks,
Jim

Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:30 am

Lakeisha-

Why is this in the wrong section? Its about the parts of the movie that contain Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ.

James didn't mention the fellow that's the main topic of the movie, just someone who happens to have shared 706 Union with him at one point...

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:35 am

James:

Thanks alot for the link. I had reported earlier on a thread that the Dempsey would be playing the part of Scotty and Bill along with DJ. This is going to be a fantastic film. I applaud the screenwriters because it looks like they will portray most of those great artist from that first and only great Sun area. They could have just made this a film about Johney Cash and obviously a majority of the film is, but it looks like that also take some what of an indepth look at those Sun stars.

I just saw the 'Walk the Line' special on TV. They were showing clips and one of them is when Jerry Lee sings. I am almost sure they depict Elvis singing. This is the first time we get to see on film all of those early Sun guys interacting with themselves. I am sure it will not be that long, but they must deal with it in some depth. Who knows maybe they take a shot at the Million Dllar Quartet, although I don't know how they could since Johnney was reported to leave to uy Christmas presents.

Maybe they wil show him leaving on that December day and as he is leaving they start to jam.

Once again I give credit to the writers and producers for including all the players that help tell the story.

Burning Love

ps

And what about that picture in the link that James gave us with all those actors who play those Sun Artists!!!! Just imagine if we had pictures of all the actual artists together!!!!!!

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Burning Love wrote:look at those Sun stars.

I am almost sure they depict Elvis singing. This is the first time we get to see on film all of those early Sun guys interacting with themselves. I am sure it will not be that long, but they must deal with it in some depth. Who knows maybe they take a shot at the Million Dllar Quartet, although I don't know how they could since Johnney was reported to leave to uy Christmas presents.

I can only speculate at this point but if they do it correctly they might depict the flatbed Katz Drug store performance. That was the first time Johnny saw Elvis perform and no doubt helped draw him to SUN.
Since Roy is depicted in the film they might show their first meeting while Elvis and Johnny performed in Odessa and he asked Johnny how to get a record published. Johnny told him to call Sam Phillips so he did and Sam said "Johnny Cash doesn't run my record company!"
I saw some stills awhile back that appeared to be the "Million dollar quartet" but it was innacurate with Roy in it. Don't know if that was just promotional though.
Here's one of them.
Roy and Waylon but no Carl?

We'll find out tomorrow.
Jim

Jim