Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Presley's Neglected Catalogue

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:14 pm

We want, "Elvis is Back", released as a CD as soon as possible to be followed by all the neglected Albums so highly thought of by a majority of Elvis fans.

BMG get your act together and promote Elvis in a far more professional manner.

Elvis's success in the charts this year must not be let go to waste.

Hello anyone reading this..................anyone out there listening?

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:20 pm

I couldn't agree more Maurice. 'Elvis Is Back' is a classic album and the sound is as good today as it was when first recorded. Sony/BMG should rectify this omission as soon as possible. The original album cover, in my opinion, did not have a picture of Elvis that did him justice and I feel it should have a new one.

Brian :(

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:30 pm

This was/is an exceptional album but nothing I hav'nt already got. If it does not include 'alternate' versions I will stick to by 60's masters - fed up of buying the same track over and over again. Just a personal view.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Brian, yes the original Album came as a huge surprise to those of us waiting for it back in 1960. I was just eighteen.

The cover photo was by no means the best. But the collection of Elvis in the army photos were nice to have.

The sound was so different to what we were accustomed to! A new adventure. Such great tracks should be available as soon as possible to the general public.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:39 pm

For anyone not happy at the way Elvis' catalogue is being handled then please register your feelings to the man in charge of it - Joe Dimuro at joe.dimuro@sonybmg.com

Brian :(

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:51 pm

MaurinceinIreland wrote:

Such great tracks should be available as soon as possible to the general public.

I don't think the general public would by a 1960 album - if the general public were going to buy an Elvis album they would most certainly buy a greatest hits - value for money.

I agree these tracks should be promoted (as I have said with the '69 Memphis session) but they need to be repackage and publicised correctly. Perhaps E3 could have done this....? But what do we get - Hitstory!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:52 pm

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:07 pm

Greg, I remember reading the thread. I was busy with other things.

But what happened? Compilations:-(

Obviously the Elvis message boards and magazines carry little weight.

I have not the time to read it all again but I'm sure most of us would agree with sentiments expressed.

We definitely need to have more staying power. Perhaps Mr Joe Dimuro will listen to direct requests...a signed petition? Whatever it takes, dammit:-)

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:16 pm

I'm not sure sure that these mbs and various sites
are not looked at somewhat.

It's more clear that BMG often seems to want to appeal to the 'dumbest' fan possible.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:58 pm

Ernst is an Elvis fan with connections can he not enlighten us about why we are discussing Elvis's catalogue again? Or maybe some of the mysterious visitors:-)

Let's be kind and say some fans here are just a little uninformed. We were all dumb at one time.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:19 pm

Neglected?

Neglected?

While Elvis was alive US RCA issued 72 Elvis albums.

Since his death US RCA and FTD have issued another 164 albums.

For any other artists the 50's,60's and 70's boxes would be more than enough.

The dead Elvis has more albums coming out per year than any artist - living or dead.

Neglected? yeah right!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:33 pm

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/neglected
Main Entry: 1 ne·glect
Pronunciation: ni-'glekt
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin neglectus, past participle of neglegere, neclegere, from nec- not (akin to ne- not) + legere to gather -- more at NO, LEGEND

1 : to give little attention or respect to : DISREGARD

2 : to leave undone or unattended to especially through carelessness
- ne·glect·er noun

synonyms NEGLECT, DISREGARD, IGNORE, OVERLOOK, SLIGHT, FORGET mean to pass over without giving due attention. NEGLECT implies giving insufficient attention to something that has a claim to one's attention <habitually neglected his studies>. DISREGARD suggests voluntary inattention <disregarded the wishes of other members>. IGNORE implies a failure to regard something obvious <ignored the snide remark>. OVERLOOK suggests disregarding or ignoring through haste or lack of care <in my rush I overlooked a key example>. SLIGHT implies contemptuous or disdainful disregarding or omitting <slighted several major authors in her survey>. FORGET may suggest either a willful ignoring or a failure to impress something on one's mind <forget what others say and listen to me>.

Perhaps Maurice might have also said "exploited" for ill purposes.

The point remains the same.

Quality, not quantity, and please, yes, just a hint
of reverence and respect by BMG
of that which was issued during Elvis' lifetime.

Imagine "Rubber Soul" or "Highway 61" (to name a few oft-cited
'great' albums) being sliced and diced for new covers...!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

:smt023

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:40 pm

KwiAlan, I know. But in recent years we are just getting compilations with mostly the same old songs in different boxes.

Many here are complaining.

New fans may not know about the boxed 50s 60s and 70s they are not always stocked in record shops.

Imagine how Beethoven fans feel not being able to get every Symphony recorded by almost every City and town Orchestra in the world. Year after year. I'm totally neglected, they don't send me them:-)

EDIT. Thanks Greg, great minds think alike:-)

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:25 am

i agree, Elvis was a missed oppurtunity. Elvis recorded blue suede shoes, houndog and other forgettable rocknroll classics that became hits, although as history they are classic, but just so dated. when 'little less conversation and rubberneckin were released, people came to the conclusion Elvis did'nt have much more to offer. only not even half a handful of the songs E recorded have become hits, they need to know stuff like 'memphis tennesee', 'tomorrow is a long time', 'just pretend', wow how many other songs! Elvis is truly the most underrated artist ever!

Elvis Presleys neglected

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:21 am

...Junior, theres no end to your stupendous messages, now is there?! And why do I even bother to reply. At 15 you know it all, dontcha?! Elvis the most neglected artist on this globe? You really make my blood pressure rise talking nonsens as you so frequently do. Its no more being nice to lads like you, just because youre still a kid...If you wanna play with the major league, exspect a good kick in the ass, once in a while!

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 am

elvisjnr wrote:Elvis recorded blue suede shoes, houndog and other forgettable rocknroll classics that became hits, although as history they are classic, but just so dated.

?!

Elvis is truly the most underrated artist ever!

???!!!

This is more than likely your worst post ever. It's obviously past your nap time.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:00 am

elvisjnr, what do you mean? Hound Dog forgettable?

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:23 pm

elvisjnr wrote:

Elvis recorded blue suede shoes, houndog and other forgettable rocknroll classics

.. even if you dont like rock 'n' roll you can't ignore the importance of these songs .. that statement leaves me speechless.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:49 pm

ok, yes hound dog is classic, and so i blue suede shoes and all those classic songs he did in the 50s. i'm not putting them down, no way! but in the case of the public, songs like blue suede shoes and hound dog were his biggest hits, and becoz these become associated with him so much, people think this is all he had to offer, and the little less conversation and rubberneckin remixes must have made people come to the conclusion 'this is all Elvis had to offer', when we as E P fans know he had so much more

i mean, the first songs people mention of Elvis are like the ones listed above, i'm constantly asked down the street all the time 'sing hound dog, blue suede shoes' etc and they all do the 'UH HUH thank ya very much. what i'm getting at is the public don't know Elvis truly as we do, the wrong songs became the hits, again 'hound dog' and 'blue suede shoes' are classic songs, but compared to 'memphis tennessee', tomorrow is a long time etc, well you get my point. people have always known the Elvis who is in a jumpsuit, making stupid hip movements etc. because this exaggerated image has been received by the public so well, they take Elvis as exactly that and nothing more! i think you can figure out the rest

now, did that clear up everything? 8)

Elvis Presleys neglected

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:25 pm

... Yes Junior, its very clear you are full of it. Will you please stop your sorry comments on subjects you know nothing about! Its very irritating.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:28 pm

and another thing. again the songs like 'hound dog' and 'blue suede shoes' were in deed classic, becoz of the raw rocknroll they had. the real thing that keeps these songs classic is the way they are performed, but in lyrics they are 'forgettable'. like i said i'm not putting down the performance of E himself, that'd be a crime and u could have me locked up in jail for life, but compared to 'memphis tennessee' and all those other un noticed songs, i mean, the subject for hound dog is pretty forgettable, but not the performance, which is damn classic! and Elvis singing about his fave shoes, i mean Elvis himself did'nt like these songs later, because he wanted to do stuff like 'my way', 'hurt', which had believable subjects

so i hope that eases people a bit. i'm off to bed now, goodnight 8)

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:31 pm

Ger Rijff, i know what i'm talking bout. i think this 'full of it' stuff has a point

Elvis Presleys neglected

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:38 pm

Im glad your off to bed, kid. Please stay there for the next 10 years. Arrogant little ass .

Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:38 pm

It's unfortunate that Jr found cause to dis "Hound Dog" and other
fifties classics, but in part he's attempting (in own unique way) to
show how RCA's constant emphasis on Elvis' hits tends to denigrate
his rather deep catalogue of songs which includes nuggets like
"Reconsider Baby" or "Wearin' that Loved on Look" or "Stand By Me" or "Baby Let's Play House"
or "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues" or any number of now largely
semi-obscure tracks.

I'd like to see RCA go even five years without going back to the "hits"
re-package routine (short of re-pressing E1 & E2 or the Golden Records" volumes just to keep them in print.)

Bet they (think they) can't do it. :evil:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... cf3ebb2bc2

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:12 am

ha you can talk Ger rijff. the way you talked to Elvis's babe one day, Elvis would'nt be happy with you. call me an arrogant little ass, i was trying to make a point. thank you Gregory for supporting me :)i was not putting down the performances of those 50s classics, did i not say not?
if you've got nothing nice to say Ger, don't say anything. its people like you who make this messageboard worse. i don't care how famous you are in the world of Elvis, you've got a big mouth that you need to shut at the right time, when you open it at the wrong time, you make people angry and upset. how do you think Elvis' babe felt when you talked to her the way you did? you should be ashamed of yourself, if not, you don't have a heart