Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What happened to Kevan Budd

Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:54 am

What happened to Kevan Budd and the DSD-Remaster-Series!?

You don't here anything about future releases or projects ...

Is Kevan out of the job!?

Will the DSD-Remaster series be continued with Vic Anesini masters!?

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:04 am

We just had an update from Ernst that Kevan was hard at work on the Sun project. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about his work.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:13 am

There is a recent thread here on the Kevan question:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... hp?t=18849

Eileen

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:19 am

That's good to hear!!!!

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:13 pm

yes im still alive and happily working hard on Elvis projects,
having recently finished the `loving you` FTD and still working hard on `the Sun box set`.

i`ve had several PMs asking if we are using the dry `thats all right` on the FTD box set and i can answer that yes we will include the original dry recording of `thats all right` taken from the best possible source other than a tape. i have heard many sources including the one people are currently discussing and i believe we have the best possible copy.

the FTD box set gives us more freedom to use such a record source copy as compared to the lower distortion tape copy used for the more mainstream release of `Elvis at Sun`.

regards

kevan.
Last edited by kevanbudd on Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Good to hear from you, Kevan! So, I read between the lines that the FTD-version of LOVING YOU will also include DSD-remastered outtakes !?

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:21 pm

kevanbudd wrote:i can answer that yes we will include the original dry recording of `thats all right` taken from the best possible source other than a tape. i have heard many sources including the one people are currently discussing and i believe we have the best possible copy.

Okay no need to buy the Memphis Recording Service Vol. 1 issue then. I wonder how many copies it'll sell. I'll have a happy sunday knowing the FTD Sun project will deliver. Now all I have to do is stay alive till it´s released :wink:

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:20 pm

Thats a good one BH...

Good to hear from KB and that bit of info on TARM.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:22 pm

Hi Kevan,
great to hear from you ;-)
These FTD News are just great!
Can't wait to get / buy them all LOL

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:32 pm

Thank you for the update Kevan. :)

kevanbudd wrote:the FTD box set gives us more freedom to use such a record source copy as compared to the lower distortion tape copy used for the more mainstream release of `Elvis at Sun`.

Can Kevan, or anyone who understands this, please explain to me a bit why the FTD set works better for this option?

Thank you,
Eileen

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:48 pm

Eileen wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:the FTD box set gives us more freedom to use such a record source copy as compared to the lower distortion tape copy used for the more mainstream release of `Elvis at Sun`.

Can Kevan, or anyone who understands this, please explain to me a bit why the FTD set works better for this option?

I don't pretend to know this but I suppose for FTD the focus is on the content and lesser sound quality will be acceptable when the content makes up for it. For the mainstream label sound quality has to meet a certain standard I guess.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Kevan,
Great news indeed. I was hoping you were the one behind the upcoming "Loving You" release. Thanks for comfirming it. Definitely a must have release for sure! (I have the mainstream release that you did.) My anticipation level for the Sun set was already high. I look forward to your future contributions as well. The right man is on the job. Wish I could be a like a fly on the wall while you work.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:52 pm

buddy holly wrote:Okay no need to buy the Memphis Recording Service Vol. 1 issue then. I wonder how many copies it'll sell. I'll have a happy sunday knowing the FTD Sun project will deliver. Now all I have to do is stay alive till it´s released :wink:

Well this is in fact the most important thing to do till there... :shock:

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:39 pm

Bring it on !!!! can't wait for loving you and the sun cds...........keep up the great work Kevin your last cds were knockout !!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:35 am

thanks for the great job kevan,i only hope you will do all the mixing from now on. good to know someone knows whats there doing. :wink: