Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wild In The Country

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:31 am

Watched this film for the first time in years last night & forgot how good it was! Thoroughly entertained & the title track's always been one of my favourite movie songs. :D

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:20 am

Long time I donĀ“t watch this one. But everytime I do I enjoy a lot this movie.
Elvis, the script, the actors are all very good.

All the soundtrack is good even Huky Dusky Day is nice!

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:07 am

not too sure about Husky Dusky Day (Its no Johnny B Goode) but brilliant film...maybe the last Presley film too be considered even half decent, in terms of acting ability etc...

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:20 am

It's a very good movie, indeed. If they cutted out the I SLIPPED, I STUMBLED, I FELL scene (the song is good, but when Elvis starts to sing it in the movie, it seems a little odd) it would have been even better. But neverthenless it's definitely a film that I would show to someone who isn't an Elvis fan.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:31 pm

:smt023

Best dramatic performance I think - good film!!!

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:43 pm

eapjs wrote:not too sure about Husky Dusky Day (Its no Johnny B Goode) but brilliant film...maybe the last Presley film too be considered even half decent, in terms of acting ability etc...

Now if only we, the fans, would have gone en masse to the theater when this one was showing, perhaps Elvis' acting career would have gone into the direction of "serious" movies.
But no, we skipped this one and went en masse to G.I. Blues and Blue Hawaii travelogues, thereby ruining Elvis' chance to become a serious actor.
Instead of a Husky dusky day he got A dog's life.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Luuk wrote:
eapjs wrote:not too sure about Husky Dusky Day (Its no Johnny B Goode) but brilliant film...maybe the last Presley film too be considered even half decent, in terms of acting ability etc...

Now if only we, the fans, would have gone en masse to the theater when this one was showing, perhaps Elvis' acting career would have gone into the direction of "serious" movies.
But no, we skipped this one and went en masse to G.I. Blues and Blue Hawaii travelogues, thereby ruining Elvis' chance to become a serious actor.

Hey come on - I was -4 years old at the time!!! :wink:

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:53 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
Luuk wrote:

Hey come on - I was -4 years old at the time!!! :wink:

I mean the fans who were fan at the time this movie was shown in the theatres. They skipped it because it did not have "that many songs"!
I was not allowed to see it at the time it was shown because it had an age restriction (14+ only) because of the violence at the start of the movie. Same for Jailhouse rock (14+ only) and King Creole (18+ only).
So I saw it when it was re-shown years later and I was "old enough". :roll: :wink:

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:55 pm

Luuk wrote:

I've argued this one out before, Luuk !

We fans did go and see this film [and Flaming Star and all of them] !

But for G I Blues & Blue Hawaii, we were joined by masses of the general public as well !

It was those 'extra' non-fans who stayed away from his more serious efforts, and set the die for the rest of his film career.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:15 pm

dl wrote:It's a very good movie, indeed. If they cutted out the I SLIPPED, I STUMBLED, I FELL scene (the song is good, but when Elvis starts to sing it in the movie, it seems a little odd) it would have been even better. But neverthenless it's definitely a film that I would show to someone who isn't an Elvis fan.

Yea, i wish they'd cut this track, & if they had to include another song, why not the Lonely Man scene??

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:17 pm

As Colin says,it was more the public "not" going to the likes of Wild in the country etc, then his fans.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:25 pm

iamhekev wrote:As Colin says,it was more the public "not" going to the likes of Wild in the country etc, then his fans.

At the time I was not old enough to see the movie due to age restriction, which, thinking about it, must have been 18+ only as I was 14 at the time.
Most fans I knew at the time were older than me and they did not go because of the few songs.

In Rotterdam there were "A" theatres where movies premiered. There also were "B" theatres where movies were shown one or two years after they premiered.
I saw the movie years later at a "B" theatre.

(Owners of a "B" theatre did not charge a high entrance fee like "A" theatres did because a for them renting a film one or two years (or later) after the premiere here would be much cheaper than having it when it was first released. The good thing was that the audience got a second chance to see a movie.)

(If you dated a girl, you'd take her to an "A" theatre to impress her!)

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:50 pm

I would get my girlfriend to go in to the pictures....she then open the fire door,and about 20 of us would get in free. :P

Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:58 pm

yep Collin's got it right on, Long before DVD's the only way of seeing him were at the theatres . I mean we Elvis fans waited for the opening of all/any films and followed them all the way to the drive-inn ( ooops telling my age here) visting as them as often as we could, and waited for the next release as they ran on average of 3 a year, looked forward to all didnt matter if they were singing roles are no-musicals. and any tv showing long after the films first release was just a bonus!! today we fans are lucky to say the least, as you can pop in a Elvis flim 24/7 :D
later..Elton

Re: Wild In The Country

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:16 am

eapjs wrote:Watched this film for the first time in years last night & forgot how good it was!

A very good film indeed. I love the classic "If I see your son and he's shipped home in a box, don't say I didn't warn you" line.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:39 am

A very high class production indeed. The story does get a little heavy about 2/3 in but still enjoyable.

The dramatic court scene always reminds me of Follow That Dream court scene as well... you can pick what court scene you want to watch Elvis in, a drama or a comedy!

Elvis and Red beating the holy crap out of each other in the first scene..... Classic!

JEFF d
Elvis fan