Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

JAT Book - Elvis: The Documentaries

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:57 pm

Has anyone bought this book yet. Id be interested to hear comments on how good it is, the quality of the pictures, color or black and white etc? and is it worth buying?
Thanks.
Jasper.

Jat

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:08 pm

... Its not out yet...

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:13 pm

Ger the hair!

Wrong its out, my dealer in Gothenburg, Sweden got it. I'll pick my copy up monday! Hope its great will let you know when its in my hands!

jat

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:18 pm

..... The Toonz is on target with his book this time?! Amazing!

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:02 am

Mine is on the way, and I can't wait to see it! :D :D
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:43 pm

FECC Team has promise a review for this SUNDAY

("We received a few days ago our copies of the latest book from JAT Publishing on both documentaries Elvis did for MGM. Joe Tunzi also informed us they already shipped out their orders ( including dealers ) and about everyone shall get their copies soon. We will try to put a full review of this book on our site within the next 2-3 days. In the meantime we think everyone will be please with this book.")

TITI

Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:32 am

Got the book today. Lots of great shots, but also a lot we have seen before. Plus pictures from footage, not in good quality. Also color section, a BIG disapointment. Still a lot of layout improvment needed, but it's Tunzi and some how he get's away with it. Also very overpriced, when you compare with Ger Rijff books and other quality books.

I know it sounds crazy but, because I got all the other ones, I have to have this one!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:56 am

Any new textual information, such as set lists, rehearsal order, etc?

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:01 am

Any great news??

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:16 am

Yes there is a song list but nothing we did not know before. It's a photo book with very little text and in very thin paper and cover quality.

Any good news, yeah 5-10 pics you have never seen before! BUT not one shot you would say "wow fantastic" very good shot.

Sorry, really a bommer! I was so looking forward to this book! Shame on you Tunzi, your first books was so great, but I really feel robed!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:18 am

I bet this book has a few great pic :shock: 8) :)

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:31 am

sh*t. I was so looking forward to this book. Well, perhaps CD-collector2004 just had a bad day or something! :D It'll be interesting to see more reviews of this book. To me it doesn't matter too much if we've seen the majority of the pictures before as long as the work is done well - professional layout, informative text, high quality paper, etc. That's what I like so much about "Flashback" and "The Way It Was". Quality all over the place!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm

I wonder if the book included all the info from the out-takes that appeared the recent months.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:45 am

KR JR, I'm sorry to say this! Keep dreaming, I was like you, looking so much forward to this book. But PLEASE do not compare to FTD as the book is not even close. But I can't wait to hear others reveiws. I hate to sound negative, as I think it 's great that Tunzi and others find nice pics ect. but this is so much a "downer". Sorry.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:46 am

Not counting the pics any GREAT news or something really AMAZING??

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:43 am

Your view is welcome on the new book...if there is nothing new in it,its a lot of coin?.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:52 am

This book announce nothing new !
no more for outtakes footage listing,
(do you believe in Santa Claus and Christmas )
if yes go to http://www.claus.com/index.php
many photos know ,some photos from outtakes footage not in good quality,and fews rares photos
Nothing to do withe the Sherif Hanna photos inside the TTWII FTD book
i m impatiant to see what positive review FECC do withe this product !!
it s long the time when Tunzi do a good books (at correct price)
christian M

JAT book

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:05 am

....If not too many rare photos appear in this new book, maybe the sources in finding them are drying up ? Theres comes an end to everything, you know ?

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:52 pm

Well, Sherif Hanna got his pictures also from one source. Right?
Possible Joe and Sherif have / had the same source?? :shock: :)

Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:15 pm

Are there the complete tracklistings from all concerts in April 1972 ???

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Should I assume that in this board we have more details about TTWII and EOT than Tunzi have in the book or almost the same level of information?

Another friend gave me a good idea. Print all the pages discussed here and you will have the best content you can have.

I may assume so if that´s really is true! :shock:

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:59 pm

Well, Sherif Hanna got his pictures also from one source. Right?
Possible Joe and Sherif have / had the same source??

Sherif Hanna is credited in the book as long as the photographer who took several of those. MGM is also credited among others.

FECC Team

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:10 pm

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one disappointed. For some reason I think JAT really could do better, but because of stupidite, like myself, who keeps buying after years of disappointment, JAT can continue producing these over priced books. And I think that is the buttom line here. If you look at prices, I really think I would have "voted" differently, if I had only paid US$30 for this book.

Note from the administrator : The last part was removed and read what I wrote in a previous message above. As far as we are concerned these matters only involve the persons concerned. If people starts to put stuff like '' I've heard from a third person that maybe....'' then it'll be open for anyone to say anything. Stick to the subject ( the book ) and nothing else. Would you like people mentioning personal stuff about you ? I guess not.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:17 pm

This is bad news for me.

I have pre-paid for the book, and am awaiting delivery !

Seeing as Joe's 'sessions' books are so detailed, I thought this would be choc-a-bloc with info !

Rather like the TTWII Research bit on the Elvis World Japan site, only with more up-to-date information.

Looks like I was wrong !

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 pm

ColinB wrote:This is bad news for me.

I have pre-paid for the book, and am awaiting delivery !

Seeing as Joe's 'sessions' books are so detailed, I thought this would be choc-a-bloc with info !

Rather like the TTWII Research bit on the Elvis World Japan site, only with more up-to-date information.

Looks like I was wrong !

Unfortunately. I was thinking to buy this one. I´m still going to wait a little longer to view some more reviews. :?