Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New fella on the block....

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:25 pm

Hello all

I just joined this Elvis forum and I think its great. Its nice to know that Elvis is still alive in the hearts and minds of all of us.
As for me, I have been a fan of the late King of Rock n Roll for the last 20 years. I have quite a few Elvis records, tapes, cd and video tapes. I just found the 8 record set called "Elvis Aron Presley" This is the box set that has rare 70's concert recordings and lost singles of the 70's. It was awsome to here him do t-r-o-u-b-l-e in concert.
I usually play Elvis in the morning before going to work. Its like taking your vitamins for the mind. Now keep in mind that I am 34 years of age...I can't understand what anyone sees in todays music. In my eyes Elvis will always be number 1

Mark
from Vegas

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:30 pm

Welcome! :)

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:59 pm

It's good of you to join.
Welcome to the ether.
It can become truly addictive.
No, really.
Welcome to our world.
My office is the third one on the right.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:01 pm

Hi Mark..nice to meet you...have a good time..

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

The silver box set is a great release covering Elvis entire career.

Hope you get many hours of pleasure and information from the board, and just ignore the weirdos :wink: (they know who they are!!!!)

:smt021

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:06 am

elvisman welcome to the board the eap silver set is very cool, love those disc colors.oh u have the vinl sorry :oops: anyways welcome to the board,i been fan for 13 years :D

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:57 am

Welcome man!

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:30 am

Welcome to the mad house..lol :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:31 am

Welcome to the board.

:smt039

Rich

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:15 am

Did someone here say they had the DISK SET of Elvis Aron Presley ? If so when was it availible? How much was it?
Anyhow thankyou one and all for welcoming me to the board. Actually today I am playing hooky from work. I came down with a nasty head cold, and hardly slept last night. I just work from a nap and now I am starting to feel better.
So anyhooo, whats the age group of all of you I am just curious. I think I will go any play that box set now...gotta hear some Elvis tunes to brighten up my day.

Mark from Vegas

"Someone told me that this is a new building and I was the first person to preform here. Is that true....ah ok, I'll see ya'll later"

"Hello I am wayne newton"

"No ah were going to play some old ones news, so just sit back relax and leave the driving to us"

Elvis on tour 1977

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:18 am

Elvisman77 -

Welcome aboard !

It's fun here !

Enjoy it !

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:48 am

Welcome to the group :D

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:52 am

Welcome on board Mike. There are some good guys and gals on here. Hope you stick with us.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:59 am

im the one who said they had the elvis aron presley set on cd,it was released in 1998 and is now out of print. you can find it on ebay but it will cost you around $100 from what ive seen. if your from usa try half.com

Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:03 am

Mark,
Welcome to the board!!

Tom

Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:40 am

Glad to have you, Elvisman. Thicken thy skin and jump on in! :D

Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:50 am

Here's the pic of the 4 CD boxset:

They are priced too high on Amazon (both new and used), so you should give eBay a try...

Rich

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:00 am

Yea I just took a look at it on Half.com that another member spoke of. Its nothing I will be buying anytime soon. It just caught my eyes when he said it was on cd.
One thing I might be interested in getting sometime soon is that cd that has the takes Elvis did in the jungle room for his last couple of records. I am a big fan of thoes records. From Elvis Presley Blvd Mem tenn 1976 for example really portreys where Elvis was in his life at time. Alot of it is just sad rainy day music. There are many songs there that are great like his version of Danny boy or the last fairwell. Look at the record Moody Blue. When I listen to Way Down, it leaves me for wondering what Elvis would have done next had he lived. Way Down was the song that made me a bonafide Elvis fan some 20 years ago.
Anyhow thanks for reading my babling...I am sick with a head cold.

Mark
from Vegas

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:02 am

Welcome buddy!

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:41 am

Welcome Elvisman77
nice to see some more people that loves vinyls.
Last edited by goldrecords2002@yahoo.com on Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:59 am

Welcome Mark! I'm new too, haven't been on this forum long. It's nice to have other EP fans to talk to. This is a great forum. Have fun.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:09 am

Eileen

Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:35 am

BIGREDG wrote:just ignore the weirdos (they know who they are!!!!)

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:47 am

welcome to the board! you wanted to know our age group, well i'm 15. i also have the EAP boxset on c.d and it is FANTASTIC. hope you enjoy your self on this board :D

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:42 pm

Welcome...........