Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

candid footage and press conferences

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi everybody!
I wonder in which vcd's/dvd's can we find great candid footage and also complete press conferences???
Where can we get the Huston '70 and the MSG press conferenses in their enterity or almost??
By the way...I've watched HOT SHOTS AND COOL CLIPS vcd and the part of tupelo '57 is great!...what about Tupelo '56??...where can we get footage of it and long??
Thanks!

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:09 pm

There's a great video that came out a few years ago called Elvis Memories. It was hosted by George Klein, and included interviews with friends etc, and the following:

Lots of MSG footage in great quality.
Houston Footage
Tupelo 57 footage
On stage Vegas 74 Karate footage
Various Home Movie clips - Feb 70, On Tour 76, On Tour 72 etc.
Complete Jaycees Speech
Wink Martindale Footage
Russwood Park Memphis Colour Footage

Lot's of other stuff too - well worth a look if you can find a copy! The only downside is they use impersonators / soundalikes over the top of the 70's stuff - I guess they were refused permission for the originals.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi,

Can i ask who filmed the Houstan 70 press conferences,i have only seen one but i was told the other exists,anyway why couldnt they film one of the shows?

There was a pro photographer there allowed to snap at will,there simply should have been filmed the colonel could have locked the film away if he wanted to,i cant understand why.

What was the point of filming the press conferences and not the shows?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm

where can I get tupelo '56 footage???....maybe long as tupelo '57 that's on Hot shots and cool clips.
Ale

Re: candid footage and press conferences

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:50 pm

ale wrote:Hi everybody!
I wonder in which vcd's/dvd's can we find great candid footage and also complete press conferences???
Where can we get the Huston '70 and the MSG press conferenses in their enterity or almost??
By the way...I've watched HOT SHOTS AND COOL CLIPS vcd and the part of tupelo '57 is great!...what about Tupelo '56??...where can we get footage of it and long??
Thanks!

There's a dvd Rare Moments With The King/The King of Entertainment which has the longest clips from press conferences in Houston, NY, Las Vegas (1972) and Hawaii. It has lots of other rare stuff like color film from 1956 Tupelo concert and an interview with Elvis on his first night in the army. It's available from Amazons market place for less than 4 dollars.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:18 am

you mean both titles contain the same material???
Ale

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:29 am

No, it has both Rare Moments With The King and The King of Entertainment on the same dvd.
Last edited by Marko on Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:30 am

thanks Marco.
what about the picture quality???

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 am

Picture and sound varies. Overall it's good.