Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

the wonder of you on e1's

Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:29 am

i like that version. it actually includes the orignal lyrics .
the single version doesn't
the 1st version is better than the single version.
listen to the orignal 1959 ray peterson 45 you'll hear the one on e1's should have been the master.
ep didn't pick which version should be the 45 release rca did.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:55 am

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm glad you like the version on E1.
Personally, I can't stand it.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:28 am

JerryNodak wrote:Personally, I can't stand it.

REALLY :?:

Why is that :?:

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:25 am

alot of people tend to have gotten upset over the fact the orginal single version wasnt used & i think some wanted single version so casual listeners would get the best cd compliation of elvis.to me it wasnt a big deal although kinda strange to put an unrelased track on there. :D

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:06 am

Ritchie -

On the 'single' version, Elvis does change the words slightly.

But for the better !

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 am

The single version of The Wonder Of You was overdudded,making the band and the backing vocals more prominent and pleasing,and also eliminating musical errors.Elvis' voice was more powerful and rich by being drawn more to the foreground.I also agree with those who think that Elvis made a good choice in changing the order of some of the words in the lyrics.

Of course,all this is very subjective.What is important is that a lot of people really like Elvis' version of the song.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:43 am

splanky wrote:The single version of The Wonder Of You was overdudded

sorry, but I couldn't stop laffin' after I read that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:48 am

Mink -
Isn't it way past your bedtime?

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 am

I haven't slept since the late 70's... :wink:

You :?:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 am

What are the differences in the lyrics?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:24 am

Me too, i have listened to E1 over and over,i have access to a great hi-fi/headphones.

You can clearly hear the huge improvement especially on the vocals,they are crystal clear and much better,as are the instruments etc.

That is except for 3 tracks:-

Way Down-IMO what has happened to this? sounds terrible,there is an undubbed (no JD Summer)version with much better Burton intro and much more prominent drums, that is the killer version,that one.

The Wonder Of You-cannot stand this version,it's not a patch on the single release,Elvis vocals excelled on the single version,this version is like the "just going through the motions" Aug 70 version,was this picked to offer an alternate version that would ensure sales,or was the overdubbed work on the original missing ,anyway i have the original warts and all and i still love it and prefer it.

Suspicious Minds,sounds terrible,no better than some computer hack job,just compare this to the imo best ever sounding one on Elvis The All Time Greatest Hits,yeah i know about the subtle overdubbs on this.

Now dont get me wrong i love E1 and wouldnt be without it, i bought it in the dvd version too,but everyone is allowed to give their opinion.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:49 am

"The Wonder Of You" from E1 is very nice, but in IMHO it will never be much better than it was in August 13rd, 1970 Dinner Show... Great performance!!! :D

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:29 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:"The Wonder Of You" from E1 is very nice, but in IMHO it will never be much better than it was in August 13rd, 1970 Dinner Show... Great performance!!! :D

IMO this is the definitive and best version. Just perfect!

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 am

you give me love and consolation you give me hope to carry on. are what was changed.