ROBBIE WILLIAMS TO IMPERSONATE ELVIS AT MTV AWARDS

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Just found this on the Web:

Brian :roll:

WILLIAMS WILL BE KING OF MTV AWARDS

Also see:
ROBBIE WILLIAMS
ELVIS PRESLEY

British pop star ROBBIE WILLIAMS intends to upstage rivals at the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) in Portugal on Thursday night (03NOV05) by performing as ELVIS PRESLEY.

The singer will don Presley's iconic white leather jumpsuit, steal his quiff style and perform either his latest track TRIPPING or follow-up single ADVERTISING SPACE.

A source says, "The song's all about Elvis, and Robbie's already recreated him for the video.

"He's got all the gear and wants to blow everyone's mind by stepping on stage as Elvis.

"Rob's looking to upstage everyone. And what better way to do it that by dressing up as the King."

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:02 pm

No matter what you think of Robbie he is an Elvis fan:

1) His last TV special was based on the '68 Special
2) He burst into Suspicious Minds on Top Of The Pops once
3) He is known to 'pray' to Elvis' spirit before a live show (nice....?) to give him courage.

... make your own mind up?
Last edited by pacer on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:11 pm

No one could pull something off like this except possibly Robbie, so I'm gonna wait and see what he comes up with.

The guy makes me nervous when I hear of things like this, but that might not be a bad thing.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 pm

Should be good.

I have always had a sneaking admiration for Robbie.

BTW which jumpsuit was made of white leather :wink:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:22 pm

The one Robbie will be wearing :lol:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:24 pm

Steve_M wrote:The one Robbie will be wearing :lol:

"Boy that leather is hot" - good job it's November!!

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 pm

Well he's either gonna be wearing black leather or a white jumpsuit, maybe they're gonna go for a cross between two.

One thing to "sing Elvis" another entirely to "wear Elvis". :?

don't do it Robbie :shock:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:22 pm

Dieses ist schlechte Nachrichten! Daß moran keine Kategorie, er hat, können nicht singen und er definately sieht wie der Dummkopf aus, den er immer ist, wenn er sogar versucht, eine Elvis Personifizierung zu bilden. Ich habe nie dieses Zicklein gemocht!

Herzlichst MB280E

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:24 pm

MB280E wrote:Dieses ist schlechte Nachrichten! Daß moran keine Kategorie, er hat, können nicht singen und er definately sieht wie der Dummkopf aus, den er immer ist, wenn er sogar versucht, eine Elvis Personifizierung zu bilden. Ich habe nie dieses Zicklein gemocht!

Herzlichst MB280E

"WHATEVER" :smt016

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:49 pm

MB280E wrote:Dieses ist schlechte Nachrichten! Daß moran keine Kategorie, er hat, können nicht singen und er definately sieht wie der Dummkopf aus, den er immer ist, wenn er sogar versucht, eine Elvis Personifizierung zu bilden. Ich habe nie dieses Zicklein gemocht!

Herzlichst MB280E

My thoughts exactly, MB280E :!: :evil:

What a "Dummkopf "!

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:14 pm

Never seen Robbie Williams before, just wondering how he will measure up. Any chance somebody can do a "tail of the tape", you know like they do for boxers, as kind of a comparison?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:17 pm

woodleyjohn wrote:...and he is a fantastic entertainer.

Good lord, give me a bucket, im gonna throw up. RW doesnt deserve to breath our precious air.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:36 am

Joe Car wrote:Never seen Robbie Williams before, just wondering how he will measure up. Any chance somebody can do a "tail of the tape", you know like they do for boxers, as kind of a comparison?

If you literally mean size, then Robbie is about the same height, ie 6ft.

But, I just tuned in to the awards and Robbie didn't wear an Elvis outfit at all. He was in a regular dark suit. The rumour was wrong.

Can't believe I sat through most of that appalling show for nothing. One of the most annoying parts was Madonna giving the award to Bob Geldof. I predicted when she came on that she would have to say f*ck at some point, because she seems to have the mistaken belief that it's shocking and she might get some publicity out of it. That or it's a desperate attempt for a middle-aged mother to still seem edgy. She did the same thing at the Live 8 concert and it was predictable and pathetic. She did of course say it - actually f*cker - and even threw in sh*t for good measure. What a boring woman she has become.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:42 am

Madonna, Bobbie Williams - both sh*t twats.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:59 am

Herzlichst MB280E

Não manjei bulufas de nada!!

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:56 am

lo siento, pero, aleman no es una de mis lenguas que yo se, y yo se un poco de quatro. lol

hablas espanol? parles-tu francais? parli italiano? english works too. :lol:

ich spreche nein deutsch. --well a little more than that, but nothing to brag about. :cry:

well, back on the subject of rw...i saw a clip of him doing an elvis impersonation once. not impressed. :oops:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:11 am

well RW is one of my fave singers, but if he makes a mockery of Elvis, then i won't be happy :x

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:37 am

elvisjnr wrote:well RW is one of my fave singers, but if he makes a mockery of Elvis, then i won't be happy :x

He wouldn't and didn't :wink:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:47 am

thank you for that reassurance TJ 8)

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:49 am

Tits McGhee wrote:sh*t twats

A definition of this at your convenience would be greatly appreciated.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 am

Renan wrote:

Herzlichst MB280E

Não manjei bulufas de nada!!

Bien, no haré ninguna observación respecto ése... :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:32 am

Come on, RW is the only person of my generation (the people around 30) that I would call an entertainer. He really can sing and he always delivers a good show. I'm looking forward to his performance.

To MB280E: Erst Deutsch lernen, dann Deutsch schreiben. :wink:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:04 pm

dl wrote:Come on, RW is the only person of my generation (the people around 30) that I would call an entertainer. He really can sing and he always delivers a good show. I'm looking forward to his performance.

The latest single (which he performed on the show) doesn't really show his voice off to its potential though. The falsetto chorus is quite catchy but doesn't sound particularly comfortable. I've heard the Elvis tribute song and that's better IMO.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:14 pm

TJ wrote:
dl wrote:Come on, RW is the only person of my generation (the people around 30) that I would call an entertainer. He really can sing and he always delivers a good show. I'm looking forward to his performance.

The latest single (which he performed on the show) doesn't really show his voice off to its potential though. The falsetto chorus is quite catchy but doesn't sound particularly comfortable. I've heard the Elvis tribute song and that's better IMO.

Well, I have Robbies new CD Album and it's fantastic. The new single really grows on you with each listen.

He really is the biggest star around these days!!! :P

8)

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 pm

ROBBIE WILLIAMS TO IMPERSONATE ELVIS AT MTV AWARDS

That could have meant he won a music award and wasn't showing up in person to collect it. :lol: