Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

January FTD's

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:32 am

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?command=show&item=7135

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:56 am

Thanks Rob. I hope it is Something For Everybody. Pun Intended. :)

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 am

something for everybody what happens to it now? i have already payed for it. :? live concert feb. vegas 72? hmmm that or july 1975. well if i ever get my latest release then ill know. :roll:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:04 pm

Let´s hope for a soundboard from July 1975 or March 1976! :wink:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:54 pm

So, if this is reliable and confirmed information, it looks like the frequency of FTD releases will slow down.

Maybe that's a good thing, actually.

We've been a little spoiled over the last couple of years, getting release after release, both in the regular FTD series, the classic soundtrack series and the classic albums series, in addition to the book projects.

If we get 2 quarterly FTD releases, I think we all should be grateful - and not moan about what gets released.

Loving You in the 7 inch format will be great, and no matter what the live cd contains - I'm sure it will be a great addition to our collection.

Br
Kristian

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:08 pm

grateful of course - unreleased material is still coming out BUT.....another live show?! Come on! A break from live releases would be nice with a long overdue studio release.

I have a feeling it will be a sounboard for the simple reason that no mixing is involved in the process. Soundboards are relatively quicker and easier to produce for this reason as only mastering can be done to the source.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:12 pm

Hope that te Live show is not a Las Vegas concert but a show "on the road". For example a show from his July 1975 tour.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:32 pm

If I could choose, I 'd like the opening show from his mach 1976 tour to be released. It seems to be a good concert in a good audio quality.

In the classic album series the SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY lp wouldn't be the worst choice. To me this is one of the best releases (I skip the escape - joke) and to have this album in a superb quality would be very nice indeed.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:51 pm

what happens to something for everybody now? as i said before i have preordered it. moaning nah but some may like the idea of loving you coming out. its ok . more intersted in the main release. and yes this should be a studio release instead of soundboard. when you buy every release you have the right for an oppion. but does this mean the only outtakes we get from the studio r now going to be on the classic album series? if its got to be soundboard how about cleveland july 75 or something from that tour? i for one like to hear something not vegas related. elvis sounded so much better in those big bulidings than in vegas with those sometime uninspiring crowds. :D

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 pm

I think another arguement for studio sessions on the regular releases is that not everyone wishes to buy the classic album/soundtrack releases and if they are the only outlet for unreleased takes then we're back in the old position of having to buy the same released masters to get unreleased material.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:32 pm

matthew thats what i mean . i dont agree with this & i dont understand why i should. i buy every release & i cant understand why people r more than happy to buy a release and get material they already have and maybe get 5 unreleased songs. im happy we have a collectors label. but to me seems its getting to be a not so much of a collectors label more like a reissue campain. i feel that the regular ftd releases r taking a backseat to the these mighty mighty classic album series. and the masters sound the same as ones we already have,. sometimes i think rca started thinking wait a minute were being to good to the fans. does anyone not feel this way?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:25 pm

dl wrote:If I could choose, I 'd like the opening show from his mach 1976 tour to be released. It seems to be a good concert in a good audio quality.

That´s the concert I want released in FTD... A great concert, with a great performance from Elvis! I have listened to "Phoenix Over Tennessee" many times during these days. Elvis is really rocking on this tour!

Date: March 17th, 1976 :wink:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:11 pm

yeah I also consider that concert a must release!!!!
That tour is great....even having Larry Londin on drums make the shows really interesting!!...he gives another "sound" to Elvis songs.
For sure Atlanta dec. '76 or somthing from '77 would be great too

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:29 am

im sure this has been talked about before but do they have the show from cleveland july 1975? i do love that tour

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:47 am

There can never be enough live shows released. There will be more studio material released, most likely in 2006. There was a time when a lot of studio stuff was predominently being released on FTD, so it is a nice change of pace to get a lot of live material.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am

i think it should be mixed up more. but i just wonder if now there will be hardly any studio on standard ftd :?: you know what if it wasnt vegas id be more excited i am afraid that next release will be another vegas show. hey if we get something from july 75 or some other great show, and its not in vegas and the sound is good then i can live with that. i know why elvis got bored of vegas, i would have had to gotten out of there. :lol:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:26 am

I bought the Kevan Budd 2005 remaster of Loving You. It sounds great.
That's enough Loving You for me. As Loving You has never been a fave of mine I'll pass on the FTD extened version.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:28 am

I"d love to see the HE TOUCHED ME sessions on ftd.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:35 am

well as i mentioned i payed my supplier for something for everybody back in july when i got the order form for it with the at that time latest release all shook up. then it was delayed and now who knows :? iamhekev do u mean in the classic album series or regular ftd :?: