Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Trivia #BR-5-49

Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:49 pm

What/Who is the Elvis Connection with "Field Of Dreams"

:?:




Don't say Costner - that's not it.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:55 pm

I think it is a trick clue, so I'll say Kevin Costner. :lol:

Re: Elvis Trivia #BR-5-49

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:30 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:What/Who is the Elvis Connection with "Field Of Dreams"

:?:




Don't say Costner - that's not it.


Burt Lancaster has a supporting role in FOD as the doctor in the small town. When Elvis made his screen test in April of 1956, he did a scene from the Rainmaker, a film which starred Lancaster and Katherine Hepburn. For some time, Elvis believed and announced that would be his first film.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:03 am

Mike, good catch .

But......
I didn't think of Lancaster when posting the question,
and that wasn't the ANSWER I was looking for.



It's W.P. Kinsella

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:57 am

:shock: hellllooooooo

this quiz isn't getting any feedback?


dumb threads about Eva Longoria (who?) and
an Elvis & prisiclla fling crap get traffic...
but not an interesting topic as this one?


the Kinsella-Presley connection

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:11 am

Gosh, GG, it's only been on the board for a day!! And who is Kinsella, anyway??

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:50 am

Graceland Gardener wrote::shock: hellllooooooo

this quiz isn't getting any feedback?


dumb threads about Eva Longoria (who?) and
an Elvis & prisiclla fling crap get traffic...
but not an interesting topic as this one ?


It's the fate of Trivia Quizzes, I guess.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 pm

GG, a quiz thread is all but over once you've given the answer.

If you hadn't given the answer folks might have carried on trying to guess maybe ? jat :wink:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:55 pm

If the answer has been given, I missed it.

What is a Kinsella when it's at home ?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:33 pm

BR5-49 are one off my fav bands (usa)

They got there name from a show,were BR5-49 was the phone number.

After that...????

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:06 pm

KEV -

Haven't quite got the hang of this quiz thing, have you ?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:06 pm

Is that "*!"%*. what it is Colin?.















:P

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:05 pm

It's not all that great but here, I think, it is!

I look forward to my free Elvis CD or CD-R, Gardener! :lol:

"In 1981, a novel by W.P. Kinsella - "Shoeless Joe" - was published in which a reclusive author called J. D. Salinger is kidnapped and taken to a Boston Red Sox baseball game (This book served as the basis for the movie "Field of Dreams").

This same Kinsella wrote a story for this book with an Elvis tie-in:
Image
"ELVIS RISING" EDITED BY KAY SLOAN AND CONSTANCE PIERCE-"
Moving into the world of fiction, we find here sixteen short stories, all with an Elvis tie-in. As in any such collection, the results are mixed. Probably the best known name here is W.P. Kinsella..."

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:It's not all that great but here, I think, it is!

I look forward to my free Elvis CD or CD-R, Gardener! :lol:

"In 1981, a novel by W.P. Kinsella - "Shoeless Joe" - was published in which a reclusive author called J. D. Salinger is kidnapped and taken to a Boston Red Sox baseball game (This book served as the basis for the movie "Field of Dreams").

This same Kinsella wrote a story for this book with an Elvis tie-in:
Image
"ELVIS RISING" EDITED BY KAY SLOAN AND CONSTANCE PIERCE-"
Moving into the world of fiction, we find here sixteen short stories, all with an Elvis tie-in. As in any such collection, the results are mixed. Probably the best known name here is W.P. Kinsella..."


Greg, that's awesome detective work! That has to be it. G.G. your posts are always appreciated and very interesting to say the least, thanks again.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:07 am

CORRECT GREG!

- Thanks Joe.


Kinsella's "Elvis Rising" is also available in a book called The Elvis Reader
which reprints several vintage Elvis-related magazine/newspaper articles 1950s-70s (even "Love Me Tender" movie reviews)
plus the 8/17/77 cover-story obits,
and many essays about Elvis since 1977.


(note: "Shoeless Joe" was a title insisted upon by Kinsella's publishers; he originally planned to title that baseball book........ "Dream Field" !)

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:44 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:It's not all that great but here, I think, it is!

I look forward to my free Elvis CD or CD-R, Gardener! :lol:

"In 1981, a novel by W.P. Kinsella - "Shoeless Joe" - was published in which a reclusive author called J. D. Salinger is kidnapped and taken to a Boston Red Sox baseball game (This book served as the basis for the movie "Field of Dreams").


Anyone know why he chose Salinger as the subject? I don't know myself, just curious.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:33 pm

I think it's a she (most initials usually are) but I assume
it was to appeal to baseball nerds who love to play up
the literary aspects of the national pastime... :lol:

By the way, I have that Elvis book you mentioned, G.G ,and
had forgotten it was in there. :oops: