Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

"Born To Rock" (the book)

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Does anybody here have the book "Born To Rock", which covers a couple of gigs on EP's July 1975 tour? I have read, like, two reviews of this book - one good, one bad. This book seems to be great in my opinion - high quality pics, professional layout, etc - but I thought I'd see your opinions before I order it.

So, is it worth it?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

dl
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by dl »

I think this is a classy product. But if you're not a fan of the 1970's concerts, it may be a bit boring, because the pictures are just from three concerts. I am a big fan of the king's live performances and therefore I would call it a great book!

:D

Topic author
Keith Richards, Jr.

Classy? Yeah, that's what I thought. The preview I saw somewhere looked very classy, very professional. And, of course, I am addicted to Elvis in the 70's, so this is very much a book for me, I guess. Thanks man, I gotta order this one right now.

Looking forward to the next Tunzi book, too. It should be out by know, I think. You can't ever see too many 70's photos, can you? :oops:

Keith Richards, Jr.

dl

Post by dl »

Yup, that's right!

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

I think the key is whether you own the book Elvis In Concert by John Reggero. That book, published a few years ago now, contained loads of excellent pics from the 2 Nassau concerts, and i think if you have that book, the Born To Rock book may seem a bit repetitive.

I have the Elvis In Concert book, but not the Born To Rock one.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Elvis In Concert & Born To Rock are pictures from the same concerts... but they are not the same pictures. Born To Rock I thought was much better book and well worth your time! Born To Rock also has pictures from Largo '76 as well. It's one of the best picture books out there, I don't like the suits that Elvis wore at these shows, he looks great other wise to me.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

JEFF d
EP fan

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by paulsweeney »

Great high quality book - get it if you can 8)

John Walker

Post by John Walker »

Keith R Jr,...If you haven't seen the book how come you rate it so highly? Sounds like a deliberate pr plug to me. John

Topic author
Keith Richards, Jr.

John Walker wrote:Keith R Jr,...If you haven't seen the book how come you rate it so highly? Sounds like a deliberate pr plug to me. John
Doh! I'm busted!

Nah. Like I said, I saw a preview on the Internet. It looked very professional, and so does the cover. That's why I thought it was a high quality product, and judging by the replies here I was right. I asked because I wanted to make sure it was a good book before I placed my order, that's all. There is so much junk out there, and I don't like to get ripped off. I'm innocent, swear to God!

Keith Richards.