Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

SEARCH ON FOR 'THE PIED PIPER OF CLEVELAND'

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:18 pm

Please go to the following URL for the story:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... t=1&f=1021

I sure hope the guy finds what he is looking for!!!


Brian :D

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:47 pm

Err, I thought we were told last week that this film doesn't exist?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:57 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Err, I thought we were told last week that this film doesn't exist?

Keith Richards, Jr.


Well, apparently there is an elite group of 'true' fans who know, and have known for years, that no Elvis footage was shot.

They didn't consider the rest of us ordinary fans 'important' enough to tell.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:23 pm

ColinB wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Err, I thought we were told last week that this film doesn't exist?

Keith Richards, Jr.


Well, apparently there is an elite group of 'true' fans who know, and have known for years, that no Elvis footage was shot.

They didn't consider the rest of us ordinary fans 'important' enough to tell.


:cry: :cry:

Man, this is sad!!

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:24 pm

Colin

you wrote:Well, apparently there is an elite group of 'true' fans who know, and have known for years, that no Elvis footage was shot.

They didn't consider the rest of us ordinary fans 'important' enough to tell.

You think we should have told you?

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:41 pm

Torben wrote:Colin

you wrote:Well, apparently there is an elite group of 'true' fans who know, and have known for years, that no Elvis footage was shot.

They didn't consider the rest of us ordinary fans 'important' enough to tell.

You think we should have told you?


I think Colin should have been told, if not anybody else, given his standing as a long time and devoted EP fan.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:44 pm

Thanks for the posting this article as well as the interview Brian! I can only imagine the shock from people who were seeing the young, wildy dressed and incredibly handsome Elvis from 1955 for the very first time. Hopefully this film (if there is one) will surface.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:47 pm

Joe, you are seriously mistaken. I've heard from reliable sources that Colin has never in his life paid 56K for a shirt owned by Elvis. Can you believe it?! :shock: Needless to say, he's not a true fan.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:59 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Joe, you are seriously mistaken. I've heard from reliable sources that Colin has never in his life paid 56K for a shirt owned by Elvis. Can you believe it?! :shock: Needless to say, he's not a true fan.

Keith Richards, Jr.


Mock if you like.

But add up what I've spent since 1956 on Elvis product.

I started out with shellac.

Had everything on vinyl, then replaced it all with CD's.

Had it all on VHS, now replacing with DVD's.

It comes to a pretty penny, I tell you.

And I'm not alone..............

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:04 pm

I was just joking, Colin! :D

You know, I think we were told last week that true fans are the ones who spend a fortune on ultra-expensive shirts while guys like you and me are nothing but stupid, ignorant losers who couldn't tell an Elvis record from a Cliff Richard record. Please not that this isn't my opinion! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:05 pm

No your not a lone colin..

"SWEETIES"

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:08 pm

Keith -

You wrote:
I was just joking, Colin!


I knew that !

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:12 pm

ColinB wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Joe, you are seriously mistaken. I've heard from reliable sources that Colin has never in his life paid 56K for a shirt owned by Elvis. Can you believe it?! :shock: Needless to say, he's not a true fan. I would like to believe it does exist and that this latest talk is only to drive up the price further down the road.

Keith Richards, Jr.


Mock if you like.

But add up what I've spent since 1956 on Elvis product.

I started out with shellac.

Had everything on vinyl, then replaced it all with CD's.

Had it all on VHS, now replacing with DVD's.

It comes to a pretty penny, I tell you.

And I'm not alone..............


Kidding aside, there is a ton of us fans who've spent our hard earned money on EP "product". The problem is we've been told there is this "historic" film in the vaults for a long time now and now we've been told it was all a lie.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:47 pm

GREAT LINK. Thanks. That was interesting listening.

-- for the past week or 2 I've scoffed at this mb claim that Elvis wasn't filmed in Cleveland.

Of course, I haven't seen the film
but I find it even harder to believe EPCOLLECTORS "in the know" claims.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:49 pm

I'm a big fan of the "I'll believe it when I see it" view of anything Elvis.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:57 pm

EagleUSA, that´s the safest way of looking at things. Then you shouldn´t be too disappointed if you were to find out that the many rumours didn´t hold water I guess.


Sincerely MB280E

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:11 pm

That was an interesting listen. I never knew about CP's accident...
Interesting to hear about the passes on Elvis early in his career and how he was thought of in the business...
I can understand why Elvis chose to have little to do with other people in show business.
Thanks Brian.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Colin.....I fall pretty much into your category as well....I shudder when I add up the collective cost of everything....

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:36 am

ColinB wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Err, I thought we were told last week that this film doesn't exist?

Keith Richards, Jr.


Well, apparently there is an elite group of 'true' fans who know, and have known for years, that no Elvis footage was shot.

They didn't consider the rest of us ordinary fans 'important' enough to tell.


It has not been proven that Elvis was not filmed. It's only the opinion of an "elite group."

Many things have turned up over the years that we thought we wouldn't hear or see. Maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't, but stranger things have happened.