Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Thanks Mike DK.

I should have realized that......I guess there are no doubts anymore that MGM filmed this and it must be superb!!!

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:54 am

Missed the Q, sorry Gerry, but no I haven't seen that at all.

I just watched the original TTWII, yeah that one! Not the SE, but the original.

That clip I put up of Elvis walking the corridor etc, well i never realised that a part of that was used in the original, i know it was in the SE version, but I'd forgotten a part was also used in the 1970 version.

Also, I never knew that footage of Elvis in the red ladder suit was also in the 1970 original as well. If you'd have asked me I'd have said no way, but it's there, I'd just never realised it.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:21 am

Also the beginning few lines of Lovin' Feeling from the SE version are from the 12th MS show up until "Baby I know it..."

I'm getting there with this thing. :wink:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:02 am

Yes.....one year ago I started a research in the footage shown in TTWII, LP and TTWII SE.....A real puzzle!!

But EOT is more complicated than that.....but at the same time TTWII may lead you in trouble because Elvis wears the same jumpsuit and the band wore the same clothes as Elvis used in other day with the same jumpsuit.....I think you guys understand what I mean. :D

I love this puzzles!

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:24 pm

Steve_M wrote:Also the beginning few lines of Lovin' Feeling from the SE version are from the 12th MS show up until "Baby I know it..."

I'm getting there with this thing. :wink:

Good call Steve, but what show is the ending from where the camera angle switches during the big ending? On the original movie the angle is kept wide to show the big elaborate ending with the orchestra, lights, etc. If I am correct, this version is from August 11?

But on the SE version, the camera switches to a close up just as he starts his swing backwards. Which date is this from.... August 12? It's obviously a different concert because that floppy collar on the LH side is lying down on his shoulder....

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:55 pm

I can't recall at the mo :lol:

I've now got every bit of Aug 12 MS onto my PC from all the sources out there so I'll try and find the answer as i go through it.

you have to not get into the show when doing this otherwise your focus gets distracted and you miss those clever little edits :wink: