Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

August 12th 1970, MS

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:00 am

I'm looking for some assistance on this one to try and get time on my side in order that I can do a quick little project.

I have all the footage from this show that's on the TTWII out takes lined up with all the angles under the respective tracks from the SE CD.

What I'd like to know from anyone who has a list or knows themselves, is what Aug 12th footage has been released on the three official releases so far ? The Original TTWII, the SE and the Lost Performances.

If I can leave that with ya'll whilst I'm at work it's gonna mean I can do this a lot quicker.
If what I think is available then around 85%+ of this show is one that can be seen, and therefore one that should be seen :lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:11 pm

I should be working but my boss will understand:

TTWII Original 1970:
-> Blue Suede Shoes
-> One Night
-> All Shook Up
-> Heartbreak Hotel (Only part)
-> Polk Salad Annie
-> Sweet Caroline
-> Suspicious Minds
-> Can´t Help Falling In Love
-> Tigerman (Part)
-> Drinking champaign and fooling around with the audience (after Polk Salad)

THE LOST PERFORMANCES:
-> Heartbreak Hotel (Complete)

TTWII SECOND EDITION:
-> Blue Suede Shoes
-> All Shook Up
-> Polk Salad Annie (New Angles)
-> Mystery Train / Tigerman (Not all the footage but complete audio version)

TTWII OUTTAKES
-> Words
-> You´ve Lost That Loving Feeling (Only Part)
-> Hound Dog
-> Love Me Tender
-> Little Sister / Get Back
-> I Was The One (Only Part)
-> Love Me (Part)
-> Are You Lonesome Tonight
-> Bridge Over Troubled Water (only the very begginning)

Sorry if I missed any information but I hope it helps. :wink:

Best Regards
Renan.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:16 pm

The last part of Can´t Help Falling In Love in the original TTWII is from August 13th. dinner show... :)

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:31 pm

Elvis world japan had all this confirmed what was folmed and what was not and what is on respective dv/video releases.etc it's on his website -i will try to find it/

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:35 pm

Thanks MB280E it was just the 12th MS show I was going to focus on for now though.

Renan, that list doesn't make total sense to me I'm afraid. :cry:

Words ?

Was Heartbreak Hotel the only thing on LP's ? Probably was, I just thought there was more, must have been the 11th DS I pictured.

Thanks Gerry.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:44 pm

Steve_M wrote:Thanks MB280E it was just the 12th MS show I was going to focus on for now though.

Renan, that list doesn't make total sense to me I'm afraid. :cry:

Words ?

Was Heartbreak Hotel the only thing on LP's ? Probably was, I just thought there was more, must have been the 11th DS I pictured.

Thanks Gerry.

Steve: I think I know what you mean.

In The Lost Performances we have lots of footage from Elvis with the same jumpsuit (the chains). Except Heartbreak Hotel from (August 12th MS), all footage belongs to August 11th MS....

None of this footage (August 11th MS) had ever appeared until 1992 so those clips were from an unreleased concert.

Elvis sang Words on August 12th, 1970 MS and the complete footage is on the TTWII outtakes.

Again, I never saw any clip from August 12th MS with the songs: Just Pretend, Walk A Mile In My Shoes and There Goes My Everything. So in the other topic the idea that acrossed my mind was to COPY these songs from August 11th MS and PASTE in the August 12th MS....then someone could try to do a "complete" concert....

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:56 pm

That can't be right. They put the literal date on the screen at the beginning of the clips with the concha suit which is Aug 13th (the real time Elvis was on stage, but we know it as Aug 12th MS)

I'll have to watch it tonight. :wink:
Last edited by Steve_M on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:07 pm

For me it is like this:

August 10th -> FRINGE SUIT: Example: That´s All Right (TTWII 1970)

August 11th DS -> CONCHA SUIT Example: I Just Can't Help Believing (TTWII 1970)

August 11th MS -> CHAIN SUIT: Example: Just Pretend (The Lost Performances)

August 12th DS -> CONCHA SUIT: Example: 20 Days and 20 Nights (The Lost Performances)

August 12th MS -> CHAIN SUIT: Example: Suspicious Minds (TTWII 1970)

August 13th DS -> RED LADDER: Example: The Wonder Of You (The Lost Performances)

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:30 pm

I just got home and thought, bugger I bet I've been palying scenes in my head today that aren't the right ones.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:31 pm

That´s correct sequence Renan!! As far as we know.... :shock:

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:33 pm

Well they've put the wrong date on the clip in the Lost Performances.

I'll try and get a screen capture of it.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Hi

Im trying to find out now
Last edited by GERRY on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 pm

Direct link http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/ttwii/ttwii.htm

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:48 pm

Thanks Francesc!! It´s clear now! :wink:

Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:42 pm

Elvis lost jewlery during that walk,plus that walk was after he was drinking that champaign not during Love Me Tender,what a concertt this 12th Midnight show is.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:01 pm

The link is to Christians excellent website and original paperwork pertaining to unseen TTWII footage,sadly a lot of what was filmed has been lost,reading through it is evident that we have not seen a lot of this.

http://elvis-rare-footage.forumactif.co ... forum?t=69

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:06 pm

Example of whats missing:-

That rehearsal bit seen TTWII = TTWII se in which Elvis works through Bridge,he also sings In Th Ghetto,something,bye and bye,dont cry daddy.

It states No Reels Found?

Over 30 reels of Unreleased film and that's just from the inventory notes that Christian has,there may be much more.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:41 pm

Gerry, don't despair, I think that footage is on the out takes along with In The Ghetto (As the **** flies....) are the lyrics Elvis opens with. I'm sure I've watched this.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:54 pm

Hi Steve,

I just watched that piece of film you posted on Christians site,Elvis in the lift directly after the opening show 10th,it's amazing.

Is this also from this 10 dvd ttwii unreleased set?

thanks

Also is it true that Elvis did a 7 min kata suring suspicious minds in Boston 71 and have you seen film of this???

But this TTWII stuff is unbelievable,i also read about elvis in the blue shirt and elvis in the brown shirt during ttwii rehearsals?

thanks

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:22 am

Have you seen the blue casual jumpsuit wearing Elvis stroling the corridors of the International ? He leaves the penthouse and goes down to the ground floor, then gets out and takes the freight elevator to the basement for the dressing room. it was silent but i put the Walk A Mile In My Shoes sound to it.

I don't know if the lift stuff is on the 10 DVD set, I haven't got a version of that so I don't know, but I would think it is.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:31 am

Hi Steve,

No i havent seen that Blue casual junmpsuit footage,i have only seen the short bit that's in ttwii,is there a link to this footage?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:42 am

Can't give you a direct link on here as it breaches the rules, but I could send you a PM but then everyone reading this would PM me asking me to send them each a PM telling them individually how to see it :lol:

So for this clip in question you need to visit my site, make sure you're a member, log on, go to the forums and if you are logged on you will see a category called "For members only" go in there and you'll see a thread called "Elvis and gang walking the International hallways" - open that thread up and it will start playing.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:48 am

Thankyou Steve,yes i am a member of your great site and i visit there often.

thanks again.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:27 am

Also is it true that Elvis did a 7 min kata suring suspicious minds in Boston 71 and have you seen film of this???

The word "film" sounds good :P

But what´s "kata"?

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:47 pm

Kata is a form of practice in Martial Arts. It's really a number of pre-arranged fighting movements done solo out in the air - Elvis did it more "free Style" during concerts.