Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:21 am

Rich_TCB wrote:can find them but don't want to buy them and get thrown in jail (ok, maybe a little drastic)

Not drastic at all. I'm actually listening to this show right now from my cell in San Quentin.

I may be serving 15 years, but By God I've got the CD.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:42 am

Rob wrote:Probably. A prime example would be the last few songs on Dixieland Rocks. However, there are so many other CD's that also have openings and/or closings from other shows because the engineer obviously shut off the tape.

I would almost favor the idea of letting the closing song fade out as it does on the original as to adding from a totally different show.
That reminds me of the April Fools release that used the 74 CHFIL Memphis show . :lol:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:53 am

Is the '74 opening show available as an audience recording?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:41 pm

Yes. That's how I first heard it on cassette tape many moons ago.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Well is it on any CD with a title I can look for?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:00 pm

That's a question I can't answer. I first heard it in 1979. Only the location and date was on the tape. If you have the soundboard, you are not missing much as far as the audience recording is concerned.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:23 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:It's really time for Ernst to get these bootlegged shows out - and made available to the fans.

He shouldn't care anymore about what's "escaped" before.

You have fans that can't find bootlegs - don't want to buy bootlegs - can find them but don't want to buy them and get thrown in jail (ok, maybe a little drastic) - don't care about bootlegs - sick of trading - sick of CD-R's - sick of no artwork - sick of people that copy CD's with 2 second gaps in between songs, etc.............

But some of the VERY best Elvis Presley concerts shoud be made available to EVERYBODY. ...

Rich

Well said!! And as an American fan, that's especially grating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Mania wrote:
yea rich i agree completely. i have bought overseas alot in past. but packages get checked & im guessing destroyed at least one time the package that the guy sent me never came and i know he sent it. he did however sent the cd's again. and i cant go on ebay and pay high amounts for one cd.

I"ll gladly order official versions of some of the FECC's "Top 40"
imports list. I hope bootlegs always exist, mind you, but the whole
point is to deliver the best product possible. FTD has that kind of
potential and has realized it many times so far.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:38 pm

Rob wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:can find them but don't want to buy them and get thrown in jail (ok, maybe a little drastic)

Not drastic at all. I'm actually listening to this show right now from my cell in San Quentin.

I may be serving 15 years, but By God I've got the CD.

Rob - you have a loaf of bread on the way with a file inside...

Break free! :wink:

Rich