Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Will FTD Release August 19, 1974 On CD???

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:05 am

What's the chance of FTD releasing the August 19, 1974 show on CD? It's significant because Elvis uses a differnt set list than usual. It's available on the From Sunset Blvd. To Paradise Rd. bootleg. Here's the set list:

Big boss man

Proud mary

Down in the alley

Good time charlie got the blues

Never been to Spain

It's midnight

If you talk in your sleep

I'm leaving

Let me be there

Softly as i leave you

If you love me, let me know

Love me tender

Polk salad annie

Band introductions

Promised land
Introduction Of Telly Savalas

My baby left me

Bridge over troubled water

Fever

Hound dog

Can't help falling in love

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:33 am

Ernst stated last year that FTD intends to have a series of releases in addition to the 4 quarterly regular releases on the label the are direct copies of famous bootleg shows. One can assume a show as famous as this will be one of them if it happens.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:40 am

it WILL happen. its just too good of a show to miss. mind you, they'll have trouble finding pics from the show

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:02 am

That's great news. I can't wait!
midnightx wrote:Ernst stated last year that FTD intends to have a series of releases in addition to the 4 quarterly regular releases on the label the are direct copies of famous bootleg shows. One can assume a show as famous as this will be one of them if it happens.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:26 am

Live in hope that they will release it - but would hope that they could improve on the sound quality..even if its pretty good already :D

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:36 am

The tracks from this show that featured on Live In Las Vegas sounded improved to my ears when compared to the 2 bootleg soundboard releases this show has been on. I guess they have the first generation master tape in their hands.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:09 am

I would also like to see this show released.

I've been wondering when Ernst will finally start releasing shows that came out on bootleg...

Rich

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:31 am

It would be awesome to have this concert in FTD. If the sound quality improves, I´ll be the first buyer!! :D

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:57 am

I have never understood why this one has been held back from official release so long....GREAT SHOW ......A MUST HAVE!

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:24 pm

Deke Rivers II wrote:I have never understood why this one has been held back from official release so long....GREAT SHOW ......A MUST HAVE!


That´s true....especially with so many rarities on it.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:31 pm

The reason might be ....
FTD is a label for collectors....
Since this is one of the most famous bootlegged shows in SB quality Ernst might be afraid that just the sales figures might be small..and perhaps the sound quality can´t be topped..he exactly knows what has been boolegged....o.k. the other side is ..we steadily have newcomers and therefore a release should be highly appreciated..

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:17 pm

I´d probably buy it, too even though I have the DAE boot just to support the FTD label. Don´t know if it´s that good an idea to start releasing stuff that has already been out on bootleg though. For example, I see no reason why the Tuscaloosa, August 30th. 1976 show (Old Times They Are Not Forgotten) should be released by FTD when they obviously have better quality concert recordings at hand from 1976 and even from this particular tour. Same goes for the December ´76 tour; we need to get the Wichita 12/27/76 soundboard, not Birmingham or Dallas IMO!


Sincerely MB280E

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:37 pm

Ciscoking wrote:..and perhaps the sound quality can´t be topped..


The sound is far from special so I expect FTD to be able to do a better job. I'll buy it again although I don't listen often to 70's concerts at all.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:22 pm

Nearly on the same topic - I would have loved the complete "Elvis At Full Blast" with cleaned up/improved audio as a second 'bonus' CD to go with the FTD 'Summer Festival'. What a treat that would have been!

The audio peak distortion of the unreleased concert does grate a bit at points and a best of 'Full Blast'/'Summer Festival' makes a v nice compile.

Of course Ernst also bought the Aug 1974 rehearsal cassette from Ed Bonja so we could also hope for a cleaned up FTD release of that too. Another great 'deluxe' FTD release.

If the bootleggers are beginning to re-release 'improved audio' bootlegs, then FTD should get in on the same act.

'Opening Night 74' is a key concert so I'm really looking foward to it -

Cheers
Piers

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 pm

Which planet are you people on? The sound is far from perfect and the distribution for FTD leaves DAE for dead!

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:09 pm

PiersEIN wrote:Nearly on the same topic - I would have loved the complete "Elvis At Full Blast" with cleaned up/improved audio as a second 'bonus' CD to go with the FTD 'Summer Festival'. What a treat that would have been!

The audio peak distortion of the unreleased concert does grate a bit at points and a best of 'Full Blast'/'Summer Festival' makes a v nice compile.

Of course Ernst also bought the Aug 1974 rehearsal cassette from Ed Bonja so we could also hope for a cleaned up FTD release of that too. Another great 'deluxe' FTD release.

If the bootleggers are beginning to re-release 'improved audio' bootlegs, then FTD should get in on the same act.
'Opening Night 74' is a key concert so I'm really looking foward to it -
Cheers
Piers


I would also like this rehearsal released on FTD. As far as I know only a mono copy has been released on the import market but the master tape is in stereo so there is an improvement potential straight away.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:59 pm

They will have to use Can't Help Falling In Love from another show.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:14 pm

John Walker wrote:Which planet are you people on? The sound is far from perfect and the distribution for FTD leaves DAE for dead!


Say what? :roll:

I'm all for bootleggers staying in business but if they're out done
by RCA/BMG via the FTD label, then the fan benefits!

I find most boots hard to find and welcome FTD attempting to outdo
original boots whenver possible...

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:16 pm

There is some footage from this show on another site, you know the one with EP's initials gold.com

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:59 pm

This is a MUST have FTD CD!! Hope they bring this out!!

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:38 am

It would be nice...I'd sure buy it.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:59 am

It's really time for Ernst to get these bootlegged shows out - and made available to the fans.

He shouldn't care anymore about what's "escaped" before.

You have fans that can't find bootlegs - don't want to buy bootlegs - can find them but don't want to buy them and get thrown in jail (ok, maybe a little drastic) - don't care about bootlegs - sick of trading - sick of CD-R's - sick of no artwork - sick of people that copy CD's with 2 second gaps in between songs, etc.............

But some of the VERY best Elvis Presley concerts shoud be made available to EVERYBODY. Ernst has the original tapes, he has the distribution, he can get these shows to anybody that want them.

I understand the other point of view also - the original boots won't be worth as much if FTD releases the same show. I don't know how to answer that. All I know is, I want the opportunity to have the same shows as other fans have...

Rich

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:49 am

yea rich i agree completely. i have bought oversees alot in past. but packages get checked & im guessing destroyed at least one time the package that the guy sent me never came and i know he sent it. he did however sent the cd's again. and i cant go on ebay and pay high amounts for one cd.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:29 am

Andy-M wrote:This is a MUST have FTD CD!! Hope they bring this out!!
How will the problem with Cant Help be solved? Another show?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:18 am

Probably. A prime example would be the last few songs on Dixieland Rocks. However, there are so many other CD's that also have openings and/or closings from other shows because the engineer obviously shut off the tape.

I would almost favor the idea of letting the closing song fade out as it does on the original as to adding from a totally different show.